Preview Changes and Preview Thread vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha down south might be a different story. I'm eastern suburbs so surrounded by a whole bunch of insufferable Crows supporters.

I generally find that port supporters are much more balanced and easier to talk about footy without making me want to vom from the entitlement.
You obviously don't bait them with the stripes discussion, as I do.

Well not really because that's the present narrative, nobody seriously considers Port a premiership threat.

The best football I’ve seen all year has been played by Port. By contrast we’ve been flakey - playing one or two great quarters per game but treading water for the rest of the time. Our Rd2 win over your boys remains our most complete performance of the season so far. I’m hoping you again bring out our best.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saw hinkleys presser, he was pretty fired up, he’s also had enough of Collingwood and their talk about themselves.

I reckon we in this 20+, and send them back to vic licking their wounds.

cant wait for tomorrow night

Haha down south might be a different story. I'm eastern suburbs so surrounded by a whole bunch of insufferable Crows supporters.

I generally find that port supporters are much more balanced and easier to talk about footy without making me want to vom from the entitlement.
We may be neighbors.
If so, please ignore the loud noises Saturday night.

Enjoy the home office snap :)

1689907592159.png

Did Cornes get done for umpire dissent?

Did Granger even hit?

The only person reported from that game was Granger and that was for whacking Cornes when he ran on the ground (wasn't even that much contact). Drew a 12 week suspension (they called it 9 but he was also banned from all trial games which used to count towards games served). Admittedly he belted half a dozen players that game. Or he was suspended until round 9. Moot point, he was sacked by the club for an off ground incident in the off-season.

Please take the standard test for oppo supporters wanting to wax lyrical about Hinkley on our board prior to posting.

Would you like to swap coaches?

Yeah, thought not.
Sure, but...I think I'm from the one club where that's backed up by the ladder. Ask me when Bucks left and I'd say sure, we'd take Hinkley (we had no idea how good McRae might be) and be happy about it.

Port has a decent culture and he fits that (you're not a pure business club like Hawthorn or Carlton or a fake franchise like Sydney), Hinkley's not going gut your club like a Ross Lyon by ruining the culture or making youngsters play non-football. I'd take McRae for us over Clarkson for that reason, Clarko (ignoring the allegations) is a known bully.

I'd rate Hinckley in the B tier with McRae and Fagan (no flags yet but quality coaches) below A tier C Scott, Clarkson and Hardwick (all multiple flags) and above Longmire (cheat flag) Goodwin (amazing list) Bevo and Simpson (good but lucky too).

Who would you swap with? I think either Scott brother would suit youse, stubborn SOBs with some brains and some system, not match day geniuses but very solid development skills and build loyalty.

Given neither is on offer, maybe back your coach in? I see Port as a loyal club like us, stupidly loyal, so loyal sometimes you hang on to coaches and players way too long. It pays off sometimes. Choco got a flag after being told he never would. Don't try to be some other club, you are Port, and even Victorians know what that means.

Sure, but...I think I'm from the one club where that's backed up by the ladder. Ask me when Bucks left and I'd say sure, we'd take Hinkley (we had no idea how good McRae might be) and be happy about it.

Port has a decent culture and he fits that (you're not a pure business club like Hawthorn or Carlton or a fake franchise like Sydney), Hinkley's not going gut your club like a Ross Lyon by ruining the culture or making youngsters play non-football. I'd take McRae for us over Clarkson for that reason, Clarko (ignoring the allegations) is a known bully.

I'd rate Hinckley in the B tier with McRae and Fagan (no flags yet but quality coaches) below A tier C Scott, Clarkson and Hardwick (all multiple flags) and above Longmire (cheat flag) Goodwin (amazing list) Bevo and Simpson (good but lucky too).

Who would you swap with? I think either Scott brother would suit youse, stubborn SOBs with some brains and some system, not match day geniuses but very solid development skills and build loyalty.

Given neither is on offer, maybe back your coach in? I see Port as a loyal club like us, stupidly loyal, so loyal sometimes you hang on to coaches and players way too long. It pays off sometimes. Choco got a flag after being told he never would. Don't try to be some other club, you are Port, and even Victorians know what that means.
Chris Scott in a second.

And I'm going to respectfully disagree, 11 years and no grand final does not make you an B tier senior coach in my book.
A B tier development coach perhaps.

I'm loyal to our midfield coach, as he has got results this year.

Having said all that, I enjoy your posts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw hinkleys presser, he was pretty fired up, he’s also had enough of Collingwood and their talk about themselves.

I reckon we in this 20+, and send them back to vic licking their wounds.

cant wait for tomorrow night
100% agree, we’re winning this.

We haven't pooed the bed in too many of these sorts of blockbuster games under Hinkley ('21 PF notwithstanding) even if we haven't always won.

lol - make sure you come back to us and tell us how you feel about him if McRae stinks the joint up for eleven years without making a GF and Port supporters start posting on the Collingwood board about why you should stick fat with him out of loyalty.

"back your coach in"

I liked your post ... Except this part!

Sorry, but there is clearly a new narrative at Port this year, and it just doesn't include Hinkley! Regardless of how well the Victorian media think he is doing, or the sickening swooning they perform over him, it is all just 'too little, too late.'

lol - make sure you come back to us and tell us how you feel about him if McRae stinks the joint up for eleven years without making a GF and Port supporters start posting on the Collingwood board about why you should stick fat with him out of loyalty.
2 years and looking good, and more successful given we dont have 4-6 low first round picks in our side , and what will y'all say about Hinkley in 11 more years ( we hope)

Wolverine sub makes most sense.
More likely JHF or Butters don't see out the game
emoji848.png
Who is Wolverine?
Well in my opinion, our last 4 games have been very ordinary, and as WGT said post game, we have not looked hungry.
I hope no-one has been fed this week.
WGT and others also said a few weeks back that it would be hard for a young team like ours to keep up that level of manic pressure all year.

How is this negative?

"It is a great game - 1 v 2. And a worthy 1 v 2. We look forward to the challenge.

"We have to keep winning to get the highest position we can get (leading into September's top-eight finals). But the result won't have a major bearing on either side should we come up against each other (in finals).

"Our players will rise to the opportunity before them. They are playing in a big game - 1 v 2. We look forward to that."

Hinkley: Our players will rise to the opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back