• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Reilly O'Brien

• Jordon Butts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe that's fine, but it does mean you're going to have a lot of time with Thilthorpe, Fogarty or Walker on the bench or playing way up the ground.

Yes but its always Thilthorpe doing the bench time. This game Fogarty had 8 disposals with 94% ground time, Walker 9 disposals 86% game time, and Thilthorpe 11 disposals with 65%. Internally TT must be very frustrated or exceedingly patient.

Yay for 4 umpires, I was thinking this meant they were going to have one on each side of the play pretty much (certainly in the middle of the ground)
Even last night.

Not one of the 4 umpires saw Rioli whack Murphy.

That kind of strike was meant to be picked up with more umpires.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrestles generally happen when the ball is kicked on your head.
Exactly..

the ball comes in more often than not as a kick and hope hack.

you simply cannot, as a forward, lead to this type of garbage forward 50 entry.. you cant even position yourself for it.

but given 90% of the time its coming in that way you are stuck hanging back hoping it at least comes to your advantage in the contest.

results in your forwards jostling for position with their opponent.

the wrestling everyone here is complaining about is a symptom.. its not the fxxking cause.

The cause is the erratic, unpredictable, often hack and hope, shithouse delivery from the midfield.

fix the cause and you’ll see far less of the symptom..

Tell me anyone that didn’t think if we hit the lead, the umpires will help Melbourne out. How can the same umpire have a different interpretation of holding the ball for 2 different teams?? We lost due to poor kicking but the umpires created momentum when we started coming at them. Needs to be called out in the media because we have been bent over the last 7 or 8 weeks by the umpires

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nank needs to keep playing... It's he a full time defender? He doesn't appear to be a lockdown defender like brown. He has good touch and looks a good reliable kick. I want to see more.

Cook also needs to keep playing.

Glad to see sholl and McHenry dropped. I hope to not see them again.

Summer we can't make finals, we need to give the kid's a run. Rest the older players.

Sloane needs to retire. His time is over. He's not fast enough anymore and gives away cheap frees.

Milera had a shocking game. He needs to stay away from defence. It's like to see him played on the wing.

It was nice to see us play in an attacking, free way for stages of the game today.

Previous games like GWS were an absolute grind even when we were ahead. No fluency, no risk, no dare. I thought we were pretty much done for the season, cooked. Times today were a bit more like we were earlier in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly..

the ball comes in more often than not as a kick and hope hack.

you simply cannot, as a forward, lead to this type of garbage forward 50 entry.. you cant even position yourself for it.

but given 90% of the time its coming in that way you are stuck hanging back hoping it at least comes to your advantage in the contest.

results in your forwards jostling for position with their opponent.

the wrestling everyone here is complaining about is a symptom.. its not the fxxking cause.

The cause is the erratic, unpredictable, often hack and hope, shithouse delivery from the midfield.

fix the cause and you’ll see far less of the symptom..
Tex has never been a great leader to the ball. Never is Fog. Both more comfortable man on man.

The majority of our i50s are terrible. It goes with having one of the worst midfields in the comp

But...

Our best lead for the ball is McAdam. He created a few scoring chances meeting the ball, often from terrible delivery.

Rankine crumbed from his leads a few times.

All I am saying is that if Tex and Fog are more mobile, they make those bad I50s work better. Instead of sitting back often losing the wrestle contests

Milera had some plays that didn't come off for sure, but in defence he was the only trying to make stuff happen for half the game.

I don't mind this and we need more of it from defence. Otherwise we have this stagnant chipping around.

I'd rather all our guys try and play on quick and take the game on right from the start of the game.

That's the role of a half back.

Thought Nank did a great job of this

Tex has never been a great leader to the ball. Never is Fog. Both more comfortable man on man.

The majority of our i50s are terrible. It goes with having one if the worst midfields in the comp

But...

Our best lead for the ball is McAdam. He created a few scoring chances meeting the ball, often from terrible delivery.

Rankine crumbed from his leads a few times.

All I am saying is that if Tex and Fog are more mobile, they make those bad I50s work better. Instead of sitting back often losing the wrestle contests

I think McAdam causes a mismatch for defences.

He's too strong over head and man on man for a small player and too quick for a big player. Importantly, he kicks goals.

That's his value in our system.

I am a Schoenberg backer, but his first half was pretty bad. His second half was good though.

Compare Sloane, really good first quarter, other three pretty ordinary. He’s been like this all year, but never dropped/rested or subbed. Schoenberg, who might have some improvement in him, can barely crack a game.

Murphy had some good clutch plays.

Look, he's no superstar, but don't let the hate blind you..... ooops too late.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Look, Murphy gives 100% every frigging game. He’s fierce in general play, fearless at the contest and you could never question his commitment. BUT, he doesn’t have the class and skill to take us to that next level. That’s what we need now going forward.

Nank needs to keep playing... It's he a full time defender? He doesn't appear to be a lockdown defender like brown. He has good touch and looks a good reliable kick. I want to see more.

Cook also needs to keep playing.

Glad to see sholl and McHenry dropped. I hope to not see them again.

Summer we can't make finals, we need to give the kid's a run. Rest the older players.

Sloane needs to retire. His time is over. He's not fast enough anymore and gives away cheap frees.

Milera had a shocking game. He needs to stay away from defence. It's like to see him played on the wing.
Ned wasn’t dropped. He was sick

Unless you’re there (I certainly wasn’t) it’s very hard to tell how he was leading.
One thing you could see was our forwardline was extremely clogged compared to Melbournes, it emptied out a bit in the last and that’s when we did the scoring.

Agree with that.
This has been my biggest gripe for years with our fwd line. I use to watch young FOG get very frustrated as hed motion toward a play,to then just stop dead as Tex drifted over with no real urgency or Ned, Murph flailed back into the holes, screaming like wildmen for the ball.

Its a crap setup, but FOG has shown in the past 18 months that he can command it when he wants to.

Back