• Rory Sloane (sub)

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex sold candy to kick a goal from 55m out on his left foot.

It won't win goal of the year but it should.

Most goals of the year are a combination of great skills and a bit of luck that the 2% attempt went through.

This was pure skill.

Is there another player in the entire comp who can do that on their non-preferred foot?

Struggling to think of many in history who could do it.
Not a one. He is unique like that. Can kick 60 on either foot and accurately. Just enjoy it while we have it

Pedlar getting on his bike?

Soligo....can he go?

You can just picture him writing down these gems mid week, and working out how he can shoehorn them into the commentary on match day.
It’s more his generic Dwayne-isms that annoy me

“Rolls it, goals it”
“Fortune will favour the brave here”
And an Adelaide special “that’s in the Torrens”

I thought he was done at this level but Crouch was everywhere. He's a ball magnet when he's at his best.
He seems to suit the style Nicks is going for, being to break congestion via handball

He is so clean with handballs. the biggest criticism of him beforehand was that his disposals went to players in worse positions, but last night he seemed to hit the right targets.

The hate for our club must have overwhelmed poor Burton…
I’m not surprised with the “hate” mentality coming from Port.

Having grown up in the 1980’s with my mums side being port supporters, it is like witnessing a cult mentality the blind faith the die hard port supporters have for the club, and the absolute hate they have for others.

Truly bizarre mentality.

Disappointing; not having commentators at the ground - towards the end of the game the guys in Melbourne screaming at Dawson to kick it to Tex when he wasn’t even in the forward line so he kicked to Thriller.

surely Foxtel are making enough coin to have a team at the ground.

Top 4 sides - COLL, PORT, BRIS, and MELB

COLL - 2 point and 1 point loss
PORT - 2 wins
MELB - 4 point loss
BRIS - 17 point win

Anyone who thinks we haven't improved, or we're not on an upward curve ......or Nicks can't Coach ....think again
If the squad improves by recruitment and organic growth, we can be a very good team next year.

Disappointing; not having commentators at the ground - towards the end of the game the guys in Melbourne screaming at Dawson to kick it to Tex when he wasn’t even in the forward line so he kicked to Thriller.

It's another one of those 'because of covid' measures that's been lazily kept in place for purely financial reasons.

If the squad improves by recruitment and organic growth, we can be a very good team next year.
Yep, gotta keep growing though

Includes guys like Rachele, Soligo, Pedlar, Schoenberg stepping up a level, as well as Keane/Butts making up for Murray’s absence week in, week out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, gotta keep growing though

Includes guys like Rachele, Soligo, Pedlar, Schoenberg stepping up a level, as well as Keane/Butts making up for Murray’s absence week in, week out
The fact that our best can beat the best teams in the league indicates we're going in the right direction, and the future is bright.
The fact that we're unlikely to make the eight and we can't win away indicates that there are missing pieces, in our list and in development of the current players.

That's quite obvious, but I think it still pays to point it out. I'm very optimistic about our club's near future. We can easily win a premiership in the next five years if we don't take our foot off the pedal.

F* yes Adelaide, f* yes!

That was a most unexpected win, and they are always the best wins.

Have to eat some humble pie regarding Crouch, he certainly wound the clock back. That 1 game could well get him a new contract, and signal the end for Sloane.

Didn't have too many passengers, Murphy and Keays were ordinary, but we know they won't get dropped for anyone.

The defence was solid and held up really well, despite a severe lack of experience down there. We'll now be without our best 2 key defenders, wonder if Borlase will now get a debut?

Keane did a good job on Charlie (even though Dixon isn't 100%) despite some expected early nerves.

There'll certainly be some pep in my step going to work tomorrow!

I agree that it's ugly, but not in any way comparable to the disgusting Mass Crowd Racism Abuse that Goodes received.

Jason Half Forward is paying the Disloyalty Tax. You're the #1 draft pick, best young talent in the country, so you get picked by the bottom club, which then showers you with confetti and love, fans invest their hope and aspirations in you...so what do you do? You sook. You half-train. You focus on putting your unhappiness out there for all to see about being with a bottom club...because you can't see a premiership medal around your neck anytime soon. You pick up your ball and announce you are going home. You approach the nearest-to-home club that is in its premiership window. Who naturally are delighted.

That's not how being a super-talented young AFL player is done. You haven't paid your dues to the game that is going to reward you handsomely. You haven't grown up. You have attempted to 'break the system'. If the top 5 picks every year immediately made it known they won't be happy and need to join a top club straight away, the AFL would be a shambles and devolve into Elite Clubs and Feeder Clubs.

He is being booed for behaving like a brat and disrespecting the game itself. I won't encourage it, but I can understand it.

Are you kidding me, to say that Adam Goodes was being booed because of the colour of his skin is absolute crap!
It’s the political responce that everybody is now told to take. Anybody that thinks a huge percentage of the crowd are all rasists is totally out of their mind.
Just do the math and work out how many people it takes to make that amount of noise,we aren’t all racists!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree that it's ugly, but not in any way comparable to the disgusting Mass Crowd Racism Abuse that Goodes received.

Jason Half Forward is paying the Disloyalty Tax. You're the #1 draft pick, best young talent in the country, so you get picked by the bottom club, which then showers you with confetti and love, fans invest their hope and aspirations in you...so what do you do? You sook. You half-train. You focus on putting your unhappiness out there for all to see about being with a bottom club...because you can't see a premiership medal around your neck anytime soon. You pick up your ball and announce you are going home. You approach the nearest-to-home club that is in its premiership window. Who naturally are delighted.

That's not how being a super-talented young AFL player is done. You haven't paid your dues to the game that is going to reward you handsomely. You haven't grown up. You have attempted to 'break the system'. If the top 5 picks every year immediately made it known they won't be happy and need to join a top club straight away, the AFL would be a shambles and devolve into Elite Clubs and Feeder Clubs.

He is being booed for behaving like a brat and disrespecting the game itself. I won't encourage it, but I can understand it.
I don’t think I’m much of a boo’er, I don’t really understand why clubs not associated with JHF are doing it, but that’s footy. So what? He left a club asap. That’s footy. Why do people make such big things out of it?

Apparently it’s due to some of their big name commentators not wanting to travel.

I don’t think I’m much of a boo’er, I don’t really understand why clubs not associated with JHF are doing it, but that’s footy. So what? He left a club asap. That’s footy. Why do people make such big things out of it?
I think it’s to do with the fact that he was the first draft pick and what that means to the team who came stone motherless last. As a team who has come stone motherless last, you just feel for the club and pissed off at the player that has let them down (and a bit of “that could have been us”).

Back