• Rory Sloane (sub)

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The other player I reckon who could do it is Carey — though he wasn’t one to purposely run onto it, he did have a very good non-preferred foot.
I never saw Phil Carman play but have heard others say he'd kick set shots with his non-preferred left foot if he was in the right forward pocket

They are squarely ****ed. The league will make an example of them. The investigation will probably stretch past the possibility of any penalties this season though. I doubt they’ll lose points for just the Aliir and Jones incidents.

They are squarely ****ed. The league will make an example of them. The investigation will probably stretch past the possibility of any penalties this season though. I doubt they’ll lose points for just the Aliir and Jones incidents.
Should be draft picks. Bringing the game into disrepute. Fairly harsh but they really ****ed up this time. CD seems to push the boundaries of what's acceptable.

The problem Port has now is that they're going well.

Near the top of the table, stable off field. Crowds ok. Financially...? Don't know. Not crying for save the club donations anyway

So they're in a position where they can be given an actual penalty.

If they were losing games and clearly struggling they would have avoided a severe penalty. The don't kick a horse while it's down clause.

I'd love to know the focus group/meeting that led to them being so determined to press this comically contrived s**t.

It's hardly Roo/Carr at the ramsgate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to know the focus group/meeting that led to them being so determined to press this comically contrived s**t.

It's hardly Roo/Carr at the ramsgate.
Maybe they should just stick to trying to beat us. They aren't doing a real good job of that recently. I can't see them beating us for sometime either. I hope they still have the tarps ready for when they topple down the ladder.

Last edited:
InDaily reported this afternoon that Port have been fined $100k over the Aliir Aliir fiasco - but not lost any draft picks or premiership points. Their Doc admitted that he stuffed up big time and has taken the fall for Ken and the club I think. The AFL Chief Medical Officer will review the whole fiasco before Port play Geelong this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Jones and/or Aliir play.

InDaily reported this afternoon that Port have been fined $100k over the Aliir Aliir fiasco - but not lost any draft picks or premiership points. Their Doc admitted that he stuffed up and the AFL Chief Medical Officer will review the whole fiasco before Port play Geelong this weekend. Will be intereting to see if Jones and/or Aliir play.
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

InDaily reported this afternoon that Port have been fined $100k over the Aliir Aliir fiasco - but not lost any draft picks or premiership points. Their Doc admitted that he stuffed up big time and has taken the fall for Ken and the club I think. The AFL Chief Medical Officer will review the whole fiasco before Port play Geelong this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Jones and/or Aliir play.
Compare that to Dean Bailey, who as an assistant coach at the Adelaide Crows, was suspended from his position for the first sixteen matches of the 2013 for something that was done by Melbourne.

I'm not sure if the AFC were compensated at all.

Port Adelaide former player Jay Schulz had 20 ‘concussions’ but didn’t miss a game
Port Adelaide’s Jay Schulz suffered more than 20 ‘concussions’ during his career at the Power – and shockingly always played the following week. Watch the video showing some of his head knocks.

Former Port Adelaide player Jay Schulz suffered more than 20 probable concussions during his time at the club and played again the following week.

Footage supplied to The Advertiser shows some of the apparent concussions suffered by Schulz, including instances when his head came into violent contact with the ground or with other players, completed the game and also played the following week.

In it least one instance, Schulz suffered apparent concussions in consecutive weeks. A commentator in one clip says: “He’s coming off a concussion last week, Jay Schulz". We have identified, looking at around 50 per cent of his games, he’s around 20 (concussions) at least, and they are real concussions, that should never have been allowed,’’ Mr Griffin said.

Mr Griffin confirmed that Schulz had informed him that he had never missed a game because of concussion. Schulz retired in 2016 after a 194-game career at Port Adelaide and Richmond that began in 2003.

A spokesman for Port “politely declined’’ to comment because of the upcoming class action. The AFL also declined to comment, citing the class action.

Back