• Rory Sloane (sub)

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve heard a lot of old bastards over the years talk about this goal (0:48) from Darren Jarman in the 1987 SANFL Grand Final.

DJ reckons it’s the best goal he’s ever kicked in his life.

I think Tex’s goal last night was every bit as good.
I thought about this the other day (before having read your post), and I actually think Tex is like a taller D. Jarman. I honestly don’t think this comparison is far off the mark.

I thought about this the other day (before having read your post), and I actually think Tex is like a taller D. Jarman. I honestly don’t think this comparison is far off the mark.
The DJ that played in the forward line yes. Not a bad comparison.

Tex has to be close to the most elite non-preferred big man of all time.

Fair push in the media for an investigation, AFL have announced they have a broom and rug lifted in regards to the collision and subsequent medical efforts from Port. I think Laqchie Jones will be ruled out as Port will have to sacrifice one of the two
I'd usually agree but there's way too much attention on this one now. AFL going to have to come down hard otherwise they're just opening up lawsuit city.

Monday morning and I'm still struggling to understand just how we pulled off a victory like that.

Port effectively at full strength.

We went in with no Rachele, Rankine, Doedee or Murray. Murray and Rankine had clearly been our best two players the week before.
Then we lost Butts.

It left our key defenders as Hinge, Worrell and Keane. Against Dixon, Marshall and Finlayson. There were times where Michaelanney was matched up on Marshall.
Yet we completely shut them down. Utterly dominated their key forwards.
There was a time where our defence looked like this (games played before this game):
Keane - 5 games
Worrell - 12 games
Michalanney - 17 games
Hinge - 38 games
Nankervis - 1 game
Jones - 74 games

What an incredibly inexperienced defence.

Somehow, our midfield of Laird, Crouch and Dawson managed to completely blanket the younger and faster Port mids.

Milera was outstanding. Smith went onto a wing.

Then there was Tex. It defies all logic that he be playing like this, but here he is - a lock for All Australian CHF.

What a wonderfully bizarre game.

Dawson choosing us over Port after listening to the pitches from both is one of those real sliding doors moments. Imagine if he'd chosen them, but instead he chose us and has torn them to shreds ever since.
Dawson picks Port and they win multiple premierships. He's that good.

Apparently it’s due to some of their big name commentators not wanting to travel.
One of the many "Covid sacrifices" that showed the higher ups that how much they can save by skimping so never went back to normal, despite how much the quality suffers. Let's not forget the Big Bash graphics flashing up "SIX!!!", because the cameraman lost it so the commentators called it six, even though it was caught 10m in from the boundary.

Kind of like how nearly every inbound call centre is still horribly understaffed because the bosses found that you can just reduce staff numbers, overwork them, and still get the job done.

One of the many "Covid sacrifices" that showed the higher ups that how much they can save by skimping so never went back to normal, despite how much the quality suffers. Let's not forget the Big Bash graphics flashing up "SIX!!!", because the cameraman lost it so the commentators called it six, even though it was caught 10m in from the boundary.

Kind of like how nearly every inbound call centre is still horribly understaffed because the bosses found that you can just reduce staff numbers, overwork them, and still get the job done.
Like I said- I don't think it's that - it's the Dwayne Russells and the Nathan Buckleys etc saying they don't want to travel interstate.

Like I said- I don't think it's that - it's the Dwayne Russells and the Nathan Buckleys etc saying they don't want to travel interstate.
Probably both. They can demand it, but Fox also aren't going to push it if they can save a buck on it.

I’m not surprised with the “hate” mentality coming from Port.

Having grown up in the 1980’s with my mums side being port supporters, it is like witnessing a cult mentality the blind faith the die hard port supporters have for the club, and the absolute hate they have for others.

Truly bizarre mentality.
Sure is - we have 'dyed in the wool' Port Supporters who married into our family and they are simply diabolical. Hate everyone except Port - and if that had been a head clash between two Crows supporters they would have been whooping in glee. While I'm sure there are Pears who wouldn't do that, it sure colours your view of Alberton ferals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Sure is - we have 'dyed in the wool' Port Supporters who married into our family and they are simply diabolical. Hate everyone except Port - and if that had been a head clash between two Crows supporters they would have been whooping in glee. While I'm sure there are Pears who wouldn't do that, it sure colours your view of Alberton ferals.
Go read some of the Port board in the lead up to the showdown, re the Bond brothers and Showdown trophy \ who should be on it. Plenty of options being given on who would be more suited on the trophy, main qualification was that they had to have knocked out or badly injured a crows player. Matt Thomas holding aloft Trent Hentschel's shattered leg was one that sticks in my mind

Go read some of the Port board in the lead up to the showdown, re the Bond brothers and Showdown trophy \ who should be on it. Plenty of options being given on who would be more suited on the trophy, main qualification was that they had to have knocked out or badly injured a crows player. Matt Thomas holding aloft Trent Hentschel's shattered leg was one that sticks in my mind
Man I'll never forget the career ending Hentschel injury - I almost vomitted - I think that one is probably top three of the worst AFL injuries ever. The only good thing to come out of it was I then knew which surgeon to use for my own ACL repair. I wonder what happened to Trent? Hope he's enjoying life. :)

Monday morning and I'm still struggling to understand just how we pulled off a victory like that.

Port effectively at full strength.

We went in with no Rachele, Rankine, Doedee or Murray. Murray and Rankine had clearly been our best two players the week before.
Then we lost Butts.

It left our key defenders as Hinge, Worrell and Keane. Against Dixon, Marshall and Finlayson. There were times where Michaelanney was matched up on Marshall.
Yet we completely shut them down. Utterly dominated their key forwards.
There was a time where our defence looked like this (games played before this game):
Keane - 5 games
Worrell - 12 games
Michalanney - 17 games
Hinge - 38 games
Nankervis - 1 game
Jones - 74 games

What an incredibly inexperienced defence.

Somehow, our midfield of Laird, Crouch and Dawson managed to completely blanket the younger and faster Port mids.

Milera was outstanding. Smith went onto a wing.

Then there was Tex. It defies all logic that he be playing like this, but here he is - a lock for All Australian CHF.

What a wonderfully bizarre game.
Loving watching the development of the Corsican Brothers Worrell and Michalanney and Nankervis seems to be coming along nicely, all look to be composed and have a bit of time and space.

Man I'll never forget the career ending Hentschel injury - I almost vomitted - I think that one is probably top three of the worst AFL injuries ever. The only good thing to come out of it was I then knew which surgeon to use for my own ACL repair. I wonder what happened to Trent? Hope he's enjoying life. :)
Last I heard he was working for Port Powa as a development coach and their SANFL forwards coach.

Good: 4 quarter effort, Tex on fire and Crouch palying well... too late for him to stay?
Bad: Another injury to a key defender. surely Bolases gets a gig now?
Ugly: Aliir not going through the correct protocols. that's port being desperate to save the game

At the start of the year when we posted our pass marks and what you want to see from 2023 i remember posting i wants to see at least 10 wins, to win at least 1 of the showdowns and to hopefully be challenging for the top 8 at the end of the year. so far so good. we are better than 13th (9-10) we shot ourselves in the foot by losing the 2 games to the pies and 2 games to the GWS... we should be playing finals this year. Next year is a must

Last I heard he was working for Port Powa as a development coach and their SANFL forwards coach.
The irony of him working there
But hey they hate our club.... don't they? :D

Loving watching the development of the Corsican Brothers Worrell and Michalanney and Nankervis seems to be coming along nicely, all look to be composed and have a bit of time and space.
How's Charlie shaping up for your mob?

Good: 4 quarter effort, Tex on fire and Crouch palying well... too late for him to stay?
Bad: Another injury to a key defender. surely Bolases gets a gig now?
Ugly: Aliir not going through the correct protocols. that's port being desperate to save the game

At the start of the year when we posted our pass marks and what you want to see from 2023 i remember posting i wants to see at least 10 wins, to win at least 1 of the showdowns and to hopefully be challenging for the top 8 at the end of the year. so far so good. we are better than 13th (9-10) we shot ourselves in the foot by losing the 2 games to the pies and 2 games to the GWS... we should be playing finals this year. Next year is a must
What do Collingwood and GWS have in common? Deep midfields.

Back