The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Lyon like a robot constantly splurting out the same old stat about 'last 4 weeks , you can only drop 1 game stat because history says'. How is that good analysis?
History can be a great teacher - makes sense if it doesn't happen very often that the laws of probability say it won't happen this year as well. Mind you the form teams really seem outside the 4 rather than inside it which is a very different look to years gone by.

Gary Lyon like a robot constantly splurting out the same old stat about 'last 4 weeks , you can only drop 1 game stat because history says'. How is that good analysis?
Yup, it’s getting very tedious. Stats like these are broken all the time because there are so ******* many of them.

Nobody has hung Port out to dry after crapping on all year that the last 17 premiers have had top-6 defences—and Port’s is currently 12th. Likewise Melbourne should be written off too as nobody has won from 4th under the current system.

Hell 7 or 8 years ago they used to go on about the 100 points for / 86 against rule, then pretty much every premier since has failed to meet it.

Niche stats are far too over used.

Yup, it’s getting very tedious. Stats like these are broken all the time because there are so ******* many of them.

Nobody has hung Port out to dry after crapping on all year that the last 17 premiers have had top-6 defences—and Port’s is currently 12th. Likewise Melbourne should be written off too as nobody has won from 4th under the current system.

Hell 7 or 8 years ago they used to go on about the 100 points for / 86 against rule, then pretty much every premier since has failed to meet it.

Niche stats are far too over used.
I forgot about the 100 for 86 against, that was trending for sure in the mid 2010s lol

Howie having a mare tonight. Getting a lot of names wrong. Missing touches on the goal line.
I'm counting down the games this round until we're rid of the pathetic tokenism of FoxFooty for another year.

Wonder if they'll spite us and have Underwood do Carlton v Giants.

Apart from Adam Papalia, their callers are crap.

Ch7 aren't much better but at least they go to the games (Jason Bennett being the big exception of an overall rubbish commentary team).

I'm counting down the games this round until we're rid of the pathetic tokenism of FoxFooty for another year.

Wonder if they'll spite us and have Underwood do Carlton v Giants.

Apart from Adam Papalia, their callers are crap.

Ch7 aren't much better but at least they go to the games (Jason Bennett being the big exception of an overall rubbish commentary team).
Yet they all seem to have monstrous ego's and don't want to leave Melbourne.

their use of BS stats and metrics is ridiculous and lets them manipulate a story

Kingy and Leigh Montagna the floggiest of flogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What this particular thread shows is that everyone has their own preferences which obviously makes it hard for tv decision makers. The only universal dislike seems to be for BT though who isn't Fox. He really is incompetent as a commentator. It's like he's trying to be Lou Richards but without the charisma

I agree with Leigh Montagna being OK.

He has improved this year.

Not in Papalia territory yet (nor Hudson when he focusses on calling the game and not being a smart-alec).

Underwood, Howard and Russell haven't gone backwards.

They are already at the dregs level.

Re: overuse of stats. I was watching the baseball today. That was one sport that I thought bombard the viewer with useless stats. King and his constant Champion Data dribble leaves baseball for dead.

Probably best then to avoid AFLW coverage this weekend, of their 5 games they'll probably subject us to a double dose of Kelli likely calling the Sydney Derby remotely.....

Then looking ahead to GF Day, I guess their pre-match will get interrupted by an AFLW match starting at 11AM (Collingwood vs Essendon) so I'm guessing abbreviated panel or altered longest kick.

Probably best then to avoid AFLW coverage this weekend, of their 5 games they'll probably subject us to a double dose of Kelli likely calling the Sydney Derby remotely.....

Then looking ahead to GF Day, I guess their pre-match will get interrupted by an AFLW match starting at 11AM (Collingwood vs Essendon) so I'm guessing abbreviated panel or altered longest kick.
Never heard of the mute button?

They should do more games at the ground imo. Studio takes you away from the atmosphere
I'm hoping they at least go to all the Victorian games once they start to call every match come 2025.
I'd say every game full stop but I'll take what I can get at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back