The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Need a open mike replacement. It won't be as good but a former player interview show is interesting. Just need the right host/journo. I can't believe I'm saying this but open Robbo? Lol
Kick him off 360 and let him do this instead. His interview style would actually be the most suitable. He can give it as good as he receives it as far as handling awkward or hostile questions. Someone like Jon Ralph is too much of a yes man it would be too dull. Robbo interviews Wayne Carey first episode

Fox Footy was at its peak in 2002-2006 when it launched. Absolutely awesome. Full match replays, White Line Fever, Headliners docos, Grumpy Old Men, Club shows, kids shows. Now it's just lazy and boring so I'll be finally getting rid of it for good before summer.

I used to press red and have the crowd noise only - unless Clinton Grybas was calling the game.

Watching back some of the trade period shorts

What the hell is Montagna's issue with Hawthorn and Collingwood

He contradicts himself over and over again re Ginnivan

I know he has been fed info from Harvey after we sacked him

Is it the same for the Pies?

Watching back some of the trade period shorts

What the hell is Montagna's issue with Hawthorn and Collingwood

He contradicts himself over and over again re Ginnivan

I know he has been fed info from Harvey after we sacked him

Is it the same for the Pies?
Yeah he hates us with a passion

Remember pre original fox footy there was c7 sport pay tv service. Had the sports Australia channels and was owned by channel 7, then they got sued didn't they? Had to pay customers back.
Then fox footy channel was born. The original fox footy channel 2002-2006 had some great programs

IMG_20240109_110936.jpg
IMG_20240109_110950.jpg

Remember pre original fox footy there was c7 sport pay tv service. Had the sports Australia channels and was owned by channel 7, then they got sued didn't they? Had to pay customers back.
Then fox footy channel was born. The original fox footy channel 2002-2006 had some great programs

View attachment 1883748
View attachment 1883749
Yes, well before C7 Sport there was Sports AFL (Channel 13) on Optus Vision. Had every match, either live or (mostly) replay with some magazine shows. Was part owned by 7 at that time. Match coverage from 1996 was produced by 7, even the exclusive matches, then they did their own coverage for some matches in '97, with the infamous G.B. score graphics. Unclear what happened in '98 before it got turned into C7 Sports in '99.

Not much of a stretch to say Foxtel stole the idea of a 24/7 AFL channel from them, though I don't think anyone was/is complaining.

Just wanted to shout out to whoever at Fox is scheduling all the historic games at the moment. Maybe I'm just lucky, but they seem to be trolling Essendon deluxe - every game they are just losing close ones, or getting run over in the last quarter. Very enjoyable.
plotting episode 4 GIF

AFL reports that match sims are Kayo exclusive, whereas Fox Sports reports they will be on Fox Footy.
confusing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick to return now?
If it results in her being part of the live coverage every game at the ground, and then Papalia, Pavlich and Schofield (or they could find new talent, lol) actually calling from the box, then it is a wonderful thing.

Why do Gary Lyon and Jonathan Brown have to inform us in every sentence they speak that they're talking to Gaz and Browny as if we don't know? Just a tad irritating. 😬

Fox League related - but funny how everyone can get on a plane for a junket to Vegas, but they won’t drive a couple of hours to Canberra to call a game.

Keeping in mind that they are actually Channel 9 games as well.

Fox League related - but funny how everyone can get on a plane for a junket to Vegas, but they won’t drive a couple of hours to Canberra to call a game.

First one is fox exclusive, second one is nine.

hmmm very interesting. The usual excuse when calling from the studio is "got access to all the stats, angles. all in front of me" (D. King). Yet when it comes to the biggest game(s), funny enough you find them at the ground.

Fox are showing both live though.
I assume he's referring to the host broadcaster arrangement, not that it matters with Fox League since they get clean feeds ala 7s BBL matches on Fox Cricket.
hmmm very interesting. The usual excuse when calling from the studio is "got access to all the stats, angles. all in front of me" (D. King). Yet when it comes to the biggest game(s), funny enough you find them at the ground.
True, just like Fox Footy makes the effort to turn up to Gather Round or the Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back