Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is making an appearance here also, and probably getting more useful as the season draws to a close and this discussion ramps up

Hawthorn still looking for a key back.

If Port are coming to the table with 37 for Esava and we do let him go through, I wonder if Hawthorn actually pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Just my opinion - but i think Rhys has been really good value for Geelong - enjoyed watching him play - gets the ball out of the centre - doesnt mess around with it and kicks it long to the forward line

And i can remember watching a few of his early games at STK - they played him CHB - because he had great Athleticism - i like those type of players
That was a long time ago he is now 32 and struggles to consistently get on the field.
Not saying Goldstein is the answer but Rhys can't be counted on to provide a full season's service

Huh? 3 of our 4 top 35 picks across the last 2 drafts have been inside mids (Clark, Knevitt and Willis). And we traded in Bruhn last year.

If anything we're overloaded for young inside mids.
Yes to the first part, no to the second

You need a big rotation and we don't have it

Who honestly gives a rats if we are a “laughing stock”? We do things our own way and more often than not it is successful.

Re: Goldstein, he fits our needs perfectly. We need a back up ruckman, and the 2 most important things about the backup ruck role are:
1. Durability
2. Availability

They don’t need to be a world beater, if they were they wouldn’t be a back up.

Goldstein has always been durable, and he won’t clog up our ruck spot for 4 years. He is probably the best back up ruck for our particular situation out of any of the candidates.
He still a No....
Conway is thr future, id rather get a guy like Hayes anyway then a player who is going to be 36.. as it's not about a durable 36 Goldstein, it's about finding up a back up ruck that will also challenge Conway for many years to come, not just a year.. as no club will offer Goldstein 2 years at his age

We don’t need a ruckman for 3 years or more. We need 2 at most at which point Loch Ness Conway should be ready.

We need a cheap, durable option for 1-2 seasons. That is 100% Goldstein.
No club will offer a 35 - 36 year old 2 years contract, Geelong won't and he wants a 2 year contract...

I thought it was widely reported that Goldy is going to Essendon.

Why are there pages of discussion of the pros/cons of someone we know we're not getting? We really must be bored.

Trade period proper needs to hurry up and start
It's not officially his going to Essendon, it's speculation

Hawthorn still looking for a key back.

If Port are coming to the table with 37 for Esava and we do let him go through, I wonder if Hawthorn actually pull the trigger.

The issue is if he goes to the ND their p29 will be absorbed by a mccabe bid. But if they have a pick before port at 37 they would pull the trigger for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous the way people are speaking about Stanley as though he’s injury prone. He missed three months with a facial fracture!

Hes not been super durable though in previous years and hes 33. Hes not likely to last a full year and conway is not ready

No club will offer a 35 - 36 year old 2 years contract, Geelong won't and he wants a 2 year contract...

Someone will especially with getting around the soft cap. Ess likely but we would if they didnt.

Sort of my point and maybe I didn’t make it well.

No one cares if it’s right or wrong. We’re only posting what we hear. The last thing we want is people not posting for fear of persecution.

Just to be clear (even though they’ve missed the point) … I personally don’t care if people post - but then retract or back pedal when other info comes to hand. My comments about ‘mystery mid’ were not a dig at the poster specifically. It was more a reference to the throwaway term which we’d all referenced as a bit of a nod to all the rumours and stories floating around.

People get too easily offended. And too quick to take something personally. I’ve got a prosthetic leg and people call me stumpy …. Do I get offended - no. I learnt a long time ago not to take anything too seriously.

Anyway, I’ve gotta hop along and get stuff done. Heard a rumour about a mystery ruckman I need to chase up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I maybe a bit slow with this one but this is where I am up to with reading posts

Did you give yourself the moniker Jumping Jack prior to the prosthetic?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think youd struggle to get Goldy to move to be a backup anyway, if we were interested I'd expect Stanley to play plenty of VFL.

Hell play every week for the Bombers and not have to be an hour away from his kids.

He wont play every week unless draper is injured he might play some weeks and vfl others. But they will pay him well and offer him a coaching role and the no travel and close to his kids will make him choose them over us.

He would just go the psd though

Psd he is no chance of getting to port as hawks would take him.

Nd he is some chance of getting to port so he will go nd.

I agree people are being too harsh on rhys.

But we still have to trade in a ruck for the reasons i stated-100 %.
Irrelevant. I have said elsewhere we will bring in another ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back