List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North have picks coming out of their ass now. Would be disappointed if we accept peanuts for Fish. One of those future picks should be the goal.

If the rumoured 5 year deal is actually true I’m just blown away with that.

How just how and why would you do it.

3 years is plenty.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dow finished eq 7th in the Liston.

He only played 10 matches.

He may not be the full AFL package, but he is waaaaaaaaay too good for VFL.

We also have an absolutely stacked midfield with players that would be in his exact role. I could see him finishing top 5 to 10 in a club best and fairest with a less complete midfield.

Now that we've made a prelim people can acknowledge that it's not just a "feeling" or "big noting" ourselves but something that has now been proven (our midfield quality). The additions of Hewitt and Cerra changed everything for Dow. Not just behind Cripps and Kennedy anymore but two additional genuine well rounded game changers.

We cooled on Gresham.
He had interest in us, and a figure around 500k seemed to be the going rate.
But SOS was never going to let him leave for a band 3 compo pick and we were never going to enter into a bidding war for a player like that.

Saints and Bombers are now working together to do some very clever/edgy deals that would see the saints take Shiel and his full salary for a semi high pick, but the bombers will the pay Gresham extreme overs to ensure the saints get band 1 compo… clever… dodgy… somewhere in the middle. These are the deals the SOS and Adrian like to do.

Yep all over herald sun now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hasn't Kemp been tried forward before in the VFL for a fair amount of time and it didn't work out? I'm not 100% on that but I'm sure I recall it was tried and wasn't overly effective.
Kemp's problem as a forward is that he wasn't holding his marks and his kicking was erratic. Neither of those is something he can't fix. Certainly, he was holding his marks better as a defender and his field kicking wasn't bad.

That said, if he goes forward, who goes back? Sam Durdin hasn't really had a chance to show his wares: the only time we really needed him, he was injured. Young has gone backwards, a long way backwards.

I wouldn't say it was time to end the Young experiment, but I would be recruiting a decent tall defender with an eye to groom him to be #2 defender in a couple of years. McGovern and Kemp, with the other 2 guys, can probably hold the fort until then.

Another idea is what to do with Dom Akeui: he played forward a couple of times late in the season. He is quite a good kick and he will take mark of the year someday. Not sure he is the answer, but he is developing.

Lemmey worries me at this point. His work as a 2nd ruck isn't bad, but he seems to lack intensity. Confidence? And one can never be sure how he will develop, so I won't be critical of him yet.

Shiel's ball use will break down Ross's gamestyle.

Gresham is yet another talented flanker for Essendon to try and squeeze in.

My Latin is a bit rusty, but that would be dud pro quo...

Pretty sure...

We also have an absolutely stacked midfield with players that would be in his exact role. I could see him finishing top 5 to 10 in a club best and fairest with a less complete midfield.

Now that we've made a prelim people can acknowledge that it's not just a "feeling" or "big noting" ourselves but something that has now been proven (our midfield quality). The additions of Hewitt and Cerra changed everything for Dow. Not just behind Cripps and Kennedy anymore but two additional genuine well rounded game changers.
Did u see how they performed in the prelim?
Not all of us are so convinced

Did u see how they performed in the prelim?
Not all of us are so convinced
I watched the game live (mostly) and also have seen the replays twice.

The two things that stand out to me.

1. We ran out of legs and we're carrying way more injured players than what was ever reported. We played a team that was completely fresh on their home deck where they've not lost all year. You give us a top 4 place next year and it comes down to winning that first final.

2. I think we tried to beat them at their own game much more than what we should have. I think this is something that the coaches will learn from over the coming few months and We will grow from it

Will be genuinely interested to see the list of players who going for some sort of surgery over the next week or so. I think it'll be much longer than what we thought.

Their fifth year of finals to our first. Fine was experience also comes into play pretty significantly.

I watched the game live (mostly) and also have seen the replays twice.

The two things that stand out to me.

1. We ran out of legs and we're carrying way more injured players than what was ever reported. We played a team that was completely fresh on their home deck where they've not lost all year. You give us a top 4 place next year and it comes down to winning that first final.

2. I think we tried to beat them at their own game much more than what we should have. I think this is something that the coaches will learn from over the coming few months and We will grow from it

Will be genuinely interested to see the list of players who going for some sort of surgery over the next week or so. I think it'll be much longer than what we thought.

Their fifth year of finals to our first. Fine was experience also comes into play pretty significantly.
That’s all understandable, but it’s the reason for the performance - the performance itself was my point.
Given u just outlined the reason they didn’t perform well - that’s confirmation they didn’t play well & were comprehensively beaten on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kemp's problem as a forward is that he wasn't holding his marks and his kicking was erratic. Neither of those is something he can't fix. Certainly, he was holding his marks better as a defender and his field kicking wasn't bad.

That said, if he goes forward, who goes back? Sam Durdin hasn't really had a chance to show his wares: the only time we really needed him, he was injured. Young has gone backwards, a long way backwards.

I wouldn't say it was time to end the Young experiment, but I would be recruiting a decent tall defender with an eye to groom him to be #2 defender in a couple of years. McGovern and Kemp, with the other 2 guys, can probably hold the fort until then.

Another idea is what to do with Dom Akeui: he played forward a couple of times late in the season. He is quite a good kick and he will take mark of the year someday. Not sure he is the answer, but he is developing.

Lemmey worries me at this point. His work as a 2nd ruck isn't bad, but he seems to lack intensity. Confidence? And one can never be sure how he will develop, so I won't be critical of him yet.
Imo we currently have 3 list cloggers on our list who have a contract for next year - Dom is one of those. Can’t believe we resigned him.
LOB & Mirkov the other 2

That’s all understandable, but it’s the reason for the performance - the performance itself was my point.
Given u just outlined the reason they didn’t perform well - that’s confirmation they didn’t play well & were comprehensively beaten on the day.

We lost by 16 points with everything going their way on the last three quarters.

None of it on lack of talent.

No word of a joke,,I turned to my partner at quarter time and told her we'd lose this by 4 or 5 goals. Bloke behind me said that late goal gave them a sniff and I agree. I was proud of that first quarter effort but understood they'd come back and when they did that we wouldn't have enough left.

Put all of our eggs in the first quarter basket. It didn't work out but we weren't absolutely slaughtered.

A couple of things don't go their way, we make those chances count in the third, Harry gets that 50/50 call in his favour and we add scoreboard pressure and you never know what might have happened.

Lots more positives to take out of it than what I think you say right now.

We live and we grow. One foot in front of the other. Stronger together.

We lost by 16 points with everything going their way on the last three quarters.

None of it on lack of talent.

No word of a joke,,I turned to my partner at quarter time and told her we'd lose this by 4 or 5 goals. Bloke behind me said that late goal gave them a sniff and I agree. I was proud of that first quarter effort but understood they'd come back and when they did that we wouldn't have enough left.

Put all of our eggs in the first quarter basket. It didn't work out but we weren't absolutely slaughtered.

A couple of things don't go their way, we make those chances count in the third, Harry gets that 50/50 call in his favour and we add scoreboard pressure and you never know what might have happened.

Lots more positives to take out of it than what I think you say right now.

We live and we grow. One foot in front of the other. Stronger together.

That 1st Q goal given up in the last 2mins was crucial unfort. Think it would have dented their confidence & lifted ours with a goalless Q.
And we certainly missed out chances to kick back into the game and then chase down the win ala MFC game.

My Latin is a bit rusty, but that would be dud pro quo...

Pretty sure...

quit pro quo

Trading for midfielders who frequently don't give a s**t.

I want pick 4 because I really really want Nick Watson, think he will change the dynamic of the forward line immensely.

Whilst I’m really angry at what North have got from the AFL gift wrapped, we absolutely can use that to our advantage

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Throwing this one up.

• Fish apparently a lock to go to North on a 5-year deal
  • We want to move LOB on, who has one year left on his contract
  • Lewis Young is surplus to needs (keep Sam Durdin as low cost back up KPD)
Could we package these three players up to North, who are desperate for a KPD and would take LOB for depth?

Might get a half reasonable pick..

Throwing this one up.

• Fish apparently a lock to go to North on a 5-year deal
  • We want to move LOB on, who has one year left on his contract
  • Lewis Young is surplus to needs (keep Sam Durdin as low cost back up KPD)
Could we package these three players up to North, who are desperate for a KPD and would take LOB for depth?

Might get a half reasonable pick..
If anything, they may be considered salary dumps and erode the value of the return.

Anyone who thinks our improvement should or could solely come from within is in for a shock. We need to add 2 preferably 3 best 22 players externally. It's been the lore for as long as I can remember. I don't know how we get it done but we must.

Why is it a shock? We will add kids, but why can't one of in that haven't featured in the AFL side be the ones that take the step up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back