2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 39 Australia v Afghanistan 7/11 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a brilliant knock from Maxy, especially considering the dire situation the side was in, and more than likely heading for defeat. Full credit to Afghanistan as they were all over us, being 7/91, in only 19 overs.
The Maxy reverse sweeps for six were incredible, as usual, but considering it was an innings played under duress, so Maxwell decided to just practically whack every ball, it was breathtaking.

Just on a side note, considering what a feat it is to score a double century in ODI cricket, to see that Rohit Sharma has 3 of the top 10 highest ever ODI scores, all double centuries, with a highest of 264, got to appreciate and acknowledge that feat......
The bloke plays on postage stamps on absolute roads.

He also has not made a double at the World Cup and let’s be real ODI cricket rarely has a full strength bowling line up as all teams look to rest players

Considering Maxwell has single handedly kept NZ and Pakistan's WC hopes alive, I can only think most Kiwi's and Pakistani's will be quick to acknowledge that Maxi innings as the greatest knock of all time.
Aussies help the Kiwis,Plugger more distraught lol.

The bloke plays on postage stamps on absolute roads.

He also has not made a double at the World Cup and let’s be real ODI cricket rarely has a full strength bowling line up as all teams look to rest players

Ok, so lets not acknowledge the feat of 3 ODI double centuries. Let's be real, anyone scoring one double century is an effort in itself. What a pathetic post!
So do we say that Maxy's double century was against a minnow in world cricket standings on a postage stamp sized ground? No we don't, we just admire the brilliance of the feat, as it deserves....

Last edited:
Ok, so lets not acknowledge the feat of 3 ODI double centuries. Let's be real, anyone scoring one double century is an effort in itself. What a pathetic post!
So do we say that Maxy's double century was against a minnow in world cricket standings on a postage stamp sized ground?
Totally agree. I am not his biggest fan but Plenty of players have played on tiny grounds, why aren’t they all racking up double tons if it’s so easy?

His ability to go huge in the limited format is completely unprecedented. One of the of the only players that can legit single handily win a team a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree. I am not his biggest fan but Plenty of players have played on tiny grounds, why aren’t they all racking up double tons if it’s so easy?

His ability to go huge in the limited format is completely unprecedented. One of the of the only players that can legit single handily win a team a game.

He is similar to Maxy, in that he has one gear, and that’s all out bludgeon the ball. Like Maxy, when these types of batsmen get going, they're fantastic to watch.
I was just surprised that Sharma had 3 double tons, considering his attacking nature....

People commenting on the quality of the opposition are just plain ignorant.

If this was done against Sri Lanka or the West Indies no one would be saying that, when Afghanistan are now just as good (probably better) than those sides.

I personally cannot think of a better one day innings by an Australian. To score 70% of your teams runs, and get your team from 7/90 to 290 with your partner scoring 12 runs, in a game which potentially decides a semi final spot, is absurd.

If you can’t just admire that then you don’t love cricket.

If this was done against Sri Lanka or the West Indies no one would be saying that, when Afghanistan are now just as good (probably better) than those sides.

I personally cannot think of a better one day innings by an Australian. To score 70% of your teams runs, and get your team from 7/90 to 290 with your partner scoring 12 runs, in a game which potentially decides a semi final spot, is absurd.

There’s literally only one person saying it on here

Changing your Av to Maxi 🤔

I like Maxwell, he is a fellow Saints supporter and it was a good knock from him but it wasn't one of the greatest ODI innings of all time.

He looked terrible early, dropped twice and was also lucky not to be out lbw then cashed in on some terrible bowling from a minnow team.

He also cashed in against another minnow team in the Netherlands, I haven't seen him bat all that well against proper teams in this WC.

He made 15 against India, 3 against South Africa and 41 against NZ on a flat deck when he got given a big platform from Warner and Head.

Why didn't he play one of these amazing ODI innings against those teams? Maybe because they aren't minnows and have better bowlers.

You always take pot shots yet you never address why St Kilda have been shit for 124 years of its 125 year history or why the Kiwis always shit the bed, why is that?
If Sachin says it’s the best ODI of all time I will take that ahead of what some arse sore Kiwi and perennial loser says.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back