Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon that's a pretty good effort for a hypothetical.

Geelong definitely takes that.

Essendon I'm not really sure about - depends on how set they are on O'Sullivan (who is likely to be taken with 9). I think it's a good deal for them overall, but I'm not sure if they'd agree (I feel like they would though).

If that deal guarantees both O'Sullivan and Wilson for us, then it could be worth it. But it does mean we miss out two first round picks.

I think if we got 31 and Geelong got the F2, it'd be closer to fair value. But then I'm not convinced the other two clubs say yes to that.
We are only giving up 1 first rounder not 2. We will end up with 2 first rounders this year in that deal rather than 3.

True but we are potentially the only ones keen …. Still I’m not sure it’s a great idea. Look at norf and the greenwood poach
We're definitely not the only ones interested in Himmelberg - GWS being the obvious potential poacher.

Of all the players who are out of contract in 2024, and who are borderline (or worse) for getting a new contract thereafter, Himmelberg is by far the least likely to be delisted this year. We're desperately short of backup tall options, at both ends of the ground. They had the opportunity of trading him to GWS, and knocked it back - there is 0% chance of them reversing that position now.

We're definitely not the only ones interested in Himmelberg - GWS being the obvious potential poacher.

Of all the players who are out of contract in 2024, and who are borderline (or worse) for getting a new contract thereafter, Himmelberg is by far the least likely to be delisted this year. We're desperately short of backup tall options, at both ends of the ground. They had the opportunity of trading him to GWS, and knocked it back - there is 0% chance of them reversing that position now.
Yes … we are the likely ones to take him …. His delisting was mooted above as part of a pick swap between you crow lads and us

Will Hamill delisted with the promise of rookie drafting him

Sholl before Hamill?

Agree on Sloane but we all know that was never happening

Just reckon we've seen a lot of Sholl and I don't think there's anything more there. I reckon Hamill has a higher ceiling and hasn't ever really had a decent run at it. Both will almost certainly fade away as depth, but there's a small chance Hamill doesn't.

Just reckon we've seen a lot of Sholl and I don't think there's anything more there. I reckon Hamill has a higher ceiling and hasn't ever really had a decent run at it. Both will almost certainly fade away as depth, but there's a small chance Hamill doesn't.
Main problem is that Hamill’s never really developed an ability to show consistent production. Having raw speed and not a lot else isn’t going to get you AFL games

Concussion issues have definitely hampered his development, though

FWIW I doubt Sholl and Hamill are on our list beyond next year - Hamill the lesser risk to be taken by another club due to said concussion issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we have senior assistant money after the increase in the soft cap...
It wasn't an increase in the soft cap, it was moving 20% of the Senior Coaches salary off the books. I would assume Nicks isn't among the upper echelon of highest paid coaches in the league, which means we get less of a bonus compared to the likes of North Melbourne or Gold Coast who would be paying their coaches a lot more (and what a surprise the move worked out that way)

It wasn't an increase in the soft cap, it was moving 20% of the Senior Coaches salary off the books. I would assume Nicks isn't among the upper echelon of highest paid coaches in the league, which means we get less of a bonus compared to the likes of North Melbourne or Gold Coast who would be paying their coaches a lot more (and what a surprise the move worked out that way)
That 20% of Nick's salary that can be added to what we were paying for our previous assistant!

Well it seems we were prepared to, Dew and Rutten would’ve taken top dollar to get over, but they wanted the senior title that Burns has. Frustrating, but what else can you do? Burns deserves his senior title
I’m sure it’s a different pay scale for assistant v senior assistant

They would have been offered less than Burns and less than Dew is likely to be getting at Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back