Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure it’s a different pay scale for assistant v senior assistant

They would have been offered less than Burns and less than Dew is likely to be getting at Bulldogs
How were the Kangaroos paying their assistants if there is a set pay scale & Clarkson is being paid a motza?

I’m sure it’s a different pay scale for assistant v senior assistant

They would have been offered less than Burns and less than Dew is likely to be getting at Bulldogs
And I guess Rutten’s been in Melbourne for 9 years so wouldn’t move unless there’s a big jump in pay?

How were the Kangaroos paying their assistants if there is a set pay scale & Clarkson is being paid a motza?
It's not just pure salary, but how many you're paying too and includes areas not just in coaching, but across the entire football department. We'd be paying Burgess a fair whack too for example.

In North's case with coaches though, outside of Clarkson they have Leigh Adams, Josh Gibson, Damien Monkhorst, Tom Lynch (VFL), Brent Harvey (Dev) and Emma Kearney (Dev) as their coaching set up.

We have Scott Burns, Nathan Van Berlo, Matthew Clarke, Vacant spot where Rahilly was, Mick Godden (SANFL), Marco Bello (Head of Dev), Matthew Wright (Dev), Jack Hombsch (Dev) and Chelsea Randall (Dev).

We've clearly put a big focus on having a set up of development coaches in place having a young team, which is something North haven't been able to afford at this stage.

Maybe, but the alternative is paying peanuts and getting the equivalent talent.
I don't think they're arguing for paying peanuts, they've clearly got targets, but won't or can't pay above market rates to get them. You don't go for those names without having at least a competitive offer on the table to start with.

What’s that got to do with what I said?
There are not set pay scales as the senior coaches are paid very differing salaries, leaving different amounts available for the rest of the staff.

Eg. McRae was OK to be paid less... far, far less than Clarkson, because he wanted to pay more for quality assistants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know it’ll end up being Matty Wright lol

Edit: does us ‘sounding out’ Lappin and Bolton mean we missed on them too?
To me hiring from within to replace assistant coach of the year would be by far the biggest failure this offseason and far worse than anything people were disappointed over in the trade period.

Well it seems we were prepared to, Dew and Rutten would’ve taken top dollar to get over, but they wanted the senior title that Burns has. Frustrating, but what else can you do? Burns deserves his senior title

agree

no doubt Dew and Rutten have aspirations to get back as a senior coach and it’s more about the Senior Asst role than the money

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are not set pay scales as the senior coaches are paid very differing salaries, leaving different amounts available for the rest of the staff.

Eg. McRae was OK to be paid less... far, far less than Clarkson, because he wanted to pay more for quality assistants.
You said “set”, not me

I think it’s reasonable to assume that the senior coach is paid more than a senior assistant, and the senior assistant is paid more than the assistants

You said “set”, not me

I think it’s reasonable to assume that the senior coach is paid more than a senior assistant, and the senior assistant is paid more than the assistants
At the same club.

But an assistant coach at the Pies would be paid far more than the assistant coach at the Roos.

Very likely there are assistants at one club paid more than senior assistants at other clubs.
Disagree. The 3rd highest paid coach at 1 club is unlikely to be paid more than the 2nd highest at another club.

And especially at Adelaide which is what we’re talking about.

Neither Rutten or Dew would have been offered more than what we’re paying Burns.

Disagree. The 3rd highest paid coach at 1 club is unlikely to be paid more than the 2nd highest at another club.

And especially at Adelaide which is what we’re talking about.

Neither Rutten or Dew would have been offered more than what we’re paying Burns.
Never claimed this! Read again I said different clubs not the same club.

We could pay Rutten more than he is currently being paid!

We all know it’ll end up being Matty Wright lol

Edit: does us ‘sounding out’ Lappin and Bolton mean we missed on them too?
Most likely. With Lappin it'd be "Any interest in leaving Geelong" which would probably be unlikely because like Rahilly was, he's been there for over a decade now. With Bolton it's "want to give up the media career to move to Adelaide and coach" which again, was probably a quick no.

Never claimed this! Read again I said different clubs not the same club.

We could pay Rutten more than he is currently being paid!
You need to read posts before you react. I said “another club” in my post.

Rutten might have been paid more with us as an assistant, but he doesn’t want to come as an assistant. He wants to go to be a senior assistant, which will be more than what he’s on, and more than what we’re paying.

Now before you hit reply, read the above again.

And again just to be sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back