Fixture PM's XI vs Pakistan. 6-9 December @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of pressure on them collectively

Looking up and down the Pakistan bowling for this game, they all bowl medium (the pacers). Not sure mediums will cut it out here, there is going to a massive reliance on Afridi, who relies a lot on swing, and it don't swing much in Aus.

Have there been any medium quicks that have done well in Australia?

Credit for the 50 for sure, the issue being that they (Harris, Bancroft) no showed good things, but also exposed their flaws. Harris, looked fluent at the crease, not really troubled until he played one of the dumber shots youll see - head not in the game, classic him. Bancroft - never looked completely comfortable, but supremely driven to stay in, buttttt, certainly gave the bowlers things to attack. I was hoping he go on to 75-100, put those doubts out of my mind

Bancroft is just Harris but a better fielder. There’s no difference with the bat. Least Bancroft won’t drop catches but I really hope Renshaw makes a hundred

Would've been nice for one of the openers to go on with it, but they did their job.

Hardly. On this deck you’d want 100+ to stake your claim. They both showed why they are considering Green opening

Dont wanna sound bullish but your original post read' over the past THREE YEARS he was averaging 50 in Test cricket'. He had not played a Test since 2019 before the Ashes, which turned out a rare tick in an otherwise poor career.
Lies, damned lies and statistics hey... But Marsh is finally producing with the bat after all these years. My thoughts are he's not the worst performing batsman in the team right now.

Looking up and down the Pakistan bowling for this game, they all bowl medium (the pacers). Not sure mediums will cut it out here, there is going to a massive reliance on Afridi, who relies a lot on swing, and it don't swing much in Aus.

Shaheen Shah and Hasan Ali will probably take the new ball in the first Test (not playing in this game).
Probably looking for a medium pacer or two between Khurram Shahzad, Mir Hamza and Faheem Ashraf
Haris Rauf is playing BBL and Naseem Shah is injured

Probable 1st Test XI
1 Imam-ul-Haq
2 Abdullah Shafique
3 Shan Masood (c)
4 Babar Azam
5 Mohammad Rizwan (+)
6 Saud Shakeel
7 Agha Salman | pure ar | os
8 Faheem Ashraf | bowl ar | med
9 Shaheen Shah Afridi | pure bowl | lf
10 Hasan Ali | pure bowl | rmf
11 Abrar Ahmed | pure bowl | ls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaheen Shah and Hasan Ali will probably take the new ball in the first Test (not playing in this game).
Probably looking for a medium pacer or two between Khurram Shahzad, Mir Hamza and Faheem Ashraf
Haris Rauf is playing BBL and Naseem Shah is injured

Probable 1st Test XI
1 Imam-ul-Haq
2 Abdullah Shafique
3 Shan Masood (c)
4 Babar Azam
5 Mohammad Rizwan (+)
6 Saud Shakeel
7 Agha Salman | os
8 Faheem Ashraf | med
9 Shaheen Shah Afridi | lf
10 Hasan Ali | rmf
11 Abrar Ahmed | ls

I thought they might bring Wasim Jnr on this tour (if he is fit), he has some pace.

McGrath, Philander ……

Remove this Banner Ad

Back