Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

People tend to introduce themselves with the name they prefer you to use, not really sure what is so controversial about that one
i changed my bigfooty name because people kept shortening it

i changed my bigfooty name because people kept shortening it
I work with a guy who gets really annoyed if you don't refer to him the same way he refers to himself and yet he doesn't extend the same courtesy to others :think:

To be honest, I see where he is coming from. I hate people shortening my name as well. I don't know why but it irrationally shits me.

Rightio Gas

fart-smell-it.gif

To be honest, I see where he is coming from. I hate people shortening my name as well. I don't know why but it irrationally shits me.

At work I go by what they use in their signature. But I get a mix of short and long name for me. There was one person at work who’s email signature always contained his full name but everyone called him by the short name so never knew which to use!

This more so shits me because of ridiculous it is.

My colleague's husband called the office phone yesterday.

His name is Cameron. He said it was him, can he speak to my colleague. I either said, no worries Cam, or when I called my colleauge I said Cam is on the phone.

Anyway, she messaged me this morning saying this;

"FYI for the future if Cameron rings not to shorten his name, I’ve seen him go crook at people on the phone or in person for doing it without asking first"

What an absolute bloody joke. If you're going spare at a stranger for shortening your name you have problems. And if you're worried about your wife's colleague shortening your name call her mobile then you twat.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Sorry, I agree with Cameron. You don’t get to shorten a person’s name if you don’t know them. It’s disrespectful. You’re not a friend of his.

The only people who get to shorten my name are relatives and close friends. A few months ago I had someone I’d just met ask if they could shorten my name, I said no, nicely.

They are actually disrespecting you. It’s an unconscious desire of the person to be the dominant person in the interaction. He wii decide what you will be called by him. Don’t allow it.

Sorry, I agree with Cameron. You don’t get to shorten a person’s name if you don’t know them. It’s disrespectful. You’re not a friend of his.

The only people who get to shorten my name are relatives and close friends. A few months ago I had someone I’d just met ask if they could shorten my name, I said no, nicely.

Being an Aussie traditionalist in regards to nickname convention, Ima start calling you Shorty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting reaction to someone having a preference about what they're called

I don't even remember if I said to him or my colleague. I wouldn't want to be his friend if this is what he gets worked up about!

And if I said it to my colleague, why does it even matter? It's not like it's a direct interaction. And pretty baffling to message me on FB this morning about it. It was that important you needed to send me a message at 8am? Get real.

Call her ******* mobile ffs.

I don't even remember if I said to him or my colleague. I wouldn't want to be his friend if this is what he gets worked up about!

And if I said it to my colleague, why does it even matter? It's not like it's a direct interaction. And pretty baffling to message me on FB this morning about it. It was that important you needed to send me a message at 8am? Get real.

Call her ******* mobile ffs.
If someone you're not friends with tells you their name is Cameron maybe just call them Cameron?
Like you're the one who called them the wrong name and are bitching about being corrected on it

If someone you're not friends with tells you their name is Cameron maybe just call them Cameron?
Like you're the one who called them the wrong name and are bitching about being corrected on it
Mate I don't even remember if I said to him or my bloody colleague!

And he's my colleague's partner for God's sake - who I will never meet. What's he gonna do, come to my work and beat me up?

At work I go by what they use in their signature. But I get a mix of short and long name for me. There was one person at work who’s email signature always contained his full name but everyone called him by the short name so never knew which to use!

I've had a "Cam" before at work where their email was cam@companyname.com and they sooked up because I called them "Cam"

Mate I don't even remember if I said to him or my bloody colleague!

And he's my colleague's partner for God's sake - who I will never meet. What's he gonna do, come to my work and beat me up?
Did she suggest he might?

I've had a "Cam" before at work where their email was cam@companyname.com and they sooked up because I called them "Cam"
See that one you've got a pretty good defence I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back