Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard speculations that Mulwala star Kyle Abikhair was seen having lunch with Steve Johnson. Wouldn't be surprised if he received a pretty substantial offer $$$. Kyle was a very dominate player for Mulwala last year and would fit in very well in the stacked Yarrawonga Midfield. Anybody have any news on whether Kyle has accepted this contract?
Gee this sounds like a good one for some attention to one player. Just joined and one common name . Popcorn at the ready

He'll get a few easy paydays in that lot:

North Sunshine v Sunshine. He'll be on the end of a 30+ goal defeat there and hardly get a touch unless he plays on the ball all day.

Narre South v Black Rock - ditto.

And he thinks he deserves big bucks to pay Division 12 ressies in Adelaide - bugger me!

Wonder which Goldfields club picked him up - the other club will relish the chance to put him on his arse all day long. It's a pity he can't even spell Kalgoorlie correctly (or Barellan). I'm supposed to be going to Kal on the 4th - might have to delay my plans by a week so I can go and sledge him.

Last edited:
He'll get a few easy paydays in that lot:

North Sunshine v Sunshine. He'll be on the end of a 30+ goal defeat there and hardly get a touch unless he plays on the ball all day.

Narre South v Black Rock - ditto.

And he thinks he deserves big bucks to pay Division 12 ressies in Adelaide - bugger me!

Wonder which Goldfields club picked him up - the other club will relish the chance to put him on his arse all day long. It's a pity he can't even spell Kalgoorlie correctly (or Barellan). I'm supposed to be going to Kal on the 4th - might have to delay my plans by a week so I can go and sledge him.
Classic, I did notice he couldnt even spell , adds to the list of things he cant do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Footballers in the Ovens and Murray, Hume and Tallangatta leagues will have to sit out of the sport for three weeks if they suffer a concussion this season.” -Border Mail

I think this is ridiculous. Yes the evidence points to players requiring longer periods of time to recover. But, players will now be putting themselves at further risk when they try to hide it especially when things head towards the pointy end. 14 days is better than a bloke playing 7 days later because they won’t sit out three

“Footballers in the Ovens and Murray, Hume and Tallangatta leagues will have to sit out of the sport for three weeks if they suffer a concussion this season.” -Border Mail

I think this is ridiculous. Yes the evidence points to players requiring longer periods of time to recover. But, players will now be putting themselves at further risk when they try to hide it especially when things head towards the pointy end. 14 days is better than a bloke playing 7 days later because they won’t sit out three
"The evidence is clear and obvious, but I disagree"

It's in all leagues , move on it's going to be the Norm

Look up oandm live on Facebook and check the comments section where prime gets a free to win round 1 last year

Are the afl going to pay a doctor to attend every footy game on a Saturday? How many guys are going to see a doc on the Monday if they have mild symptoms, they won't, as they won't want to miss 3 weeks. This is purely insurance protection from the afl to stop being sued in the future that's all

I reckon some players will more than happily oblige with the 3 week rule mid season in the peak of winter, (quick trip to Bali 🤔)
But it will go out the window come finals time surely.

Look up oandm live on Facebook and check the comments section where prime gets a free to win round 1 last year

Are the afl going to pay a doctor to attend every footy game on a Saturday? How many guys are going to see a doc on the Monday if they have mild symptoms, they won't, as they won't want to miss 3 weeks. This is purely insurance protection from the afl to stop being sued in the future that's all

Can you post a link please Trent?

The question I have is who is going to want to be a trainer?

Hard enough to find without having the potential issues around having to make the decision to take a player out of a game which will mean three weeks off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back