Review Fremantle Contest a Game in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton peeps, come on, no one on here wants your advice, stay out

Edit: holy heck Carlton people, how can you think anyone here wants your input on umpires or anything to do with the game. Stay out or get pointed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The non advantage when it was Tabs marked it on the wing

The touched ball

The umpire consent

Put your house on Carlton for the flag, I said it during pre season, the script is there for the world to see
there are four umpires, why the hell can't one of them overrule one of the others every now and again

36 players knew that ball was touched surely one of the umpires could have at least shown some balls and said yes
that ball was touched, it's a ball up.

Umpires never change their mind though. What’s the point in pushing things? Don’t f-ing swear at umpires. There’s having a conversation and there’s abuse. Sounds like this wasn’t even the tricky touchwood “dissent” crap that was screwing a lot of players but abuse that would always have been payed. We’d 99% likely lost the game. But swearing at them made sure of it. What I tell the kids when they play sport. Umps don’t change their minds, never will.

That's not on the umpires, that's on our players for being deadset morons. The umpires have never overturned that marginal a touched ball ever in the entire history of the game. Just don't be *******s.
oh yes they have and many times too, it just takes one of the four umpires to actually say "hey I saw that was clearly touched, we are going to ball it up"

Last edited:
Honest question, and I'm gonna put it out here first that I've watched Freo play since approximately 2007/8 but - how many times have we been on the other end of a bad decision in a close game?

I vaguely remember an issue about a ball hitting an umpire in the goal square and the call going our way against Richmond a few years back. Anything else?

However in recent memory we have:

• This game
  • The contentious non deliberate v North
  • The Newnes goal against us

Just finished watching and processing it….

It’s the first time I have genuinely questioned the umpiring. They honestly have too much power and control, even if wrong! They honestly do have the capability to throw a game should they choose, and there ain’t much you or I can do about it.

For the first time ever, I do question if corruption really is in the AFL? All that ump had to do was be bigger than the game, turns out he actually is.

What a way to ruin a match.

I don’t blame that for losing though, we let plenty of opportunities slip.

We lost no fans today, maybe even made some. We will be all the better for coming off second best, had we been in front by 30 at the time those last minutes wouldn’t have even mattered, we still have plenty to improve and I bet the boys want nothing more after that.

Just finished watching and processing it….

It’s the first time I have been so pi$$ed with the umpiring. They honestly have to much power and control, even if wrong! They honestly do have the capability to throw a game should they choose, and there ain’t much you anyone can do about it. For the first ever, I do question if corruption really is in the AFL. All that ump had to do was be bigger than the game, turns out he is. What a way to ruin a match.

Despite that, we lost no fans today, maybe even made some. We will be all the better for coming off second best, had we been in front by 30 at the time those last minutes wouldn’t have even mattered, we still have plenty to improve and I bet the boys want nothing more after that.
There have been way too many close games in recent times where the AFL has come out after the game and said "Yeah, we were wrong. Nothing you can do about it though, we're only human." It literally cost a team finals and they still did nothing about it. They don't lose anything by stopping the play after the mark is taken and having a proper review. They don't lose anything by reviewing that Adelaide goal against Sydney.

You can't keep ******* up over and over again and then using the excuse that they're only human and are bound to make mistakes. If you're arguing that humans can't officiate the game themselves properly then implement measures to assist them by reviewing things that are ambiguous.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Tabs literally took a mark and kicked a goal and they went back and overturned it because they decided to review a play that was called differently in game.

A lot.of Carlton fans are smug and gloating with a real sense of arrogance.

The umpiring system needs change.
They need to be paid full-time with constant training, signed up for 1 season contracts and be held accountable.
On top of the base pay, which should be only minimum wage, they can make good coin from match payments.
Even better coin, the opportunity to umpire finals games. Only the best of the best.
Every game to be reviewed comprehensively by people with 0 affiliation.
The s**t umpires will not get match payments as they will be working to get better in the state leagues.

Umpires will need to confirm any issues with bias, conscious or unconscious, and be kept well clear of those games.

heck Tasmania.
They need to spend up on the officiating of the game first.

There have been way too many close games in recent times where the AFL has come out after the game and said "Yeah, we were wrong. Nothing you can do about it though, we're only human." It literally cost a team finals and they still did nothing about it. They don't lose anything by stopping the play after the mark is taken and having a proper review. They don't lose anything by reviewing that Adelaide goal against Sydney.

You can't keep ******* up over and over again and then using the excuse that they're only human and are bound to make mistakes. If you're arguing that humans can't officiate the game themselves properly then implement measures to assist them by reviewing things that are ambiguous.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Tabs literally took a mark and kicked a goal and they went back and overturned it because they decided to review a play that was called differently in game.
Great points.

There is a lot of pressure on umpires late in game when a game is close but if there are consequences for them, like being dropped, if they don't follow procedures. Stop play, talk with other umps, change decision on review if necessary.

This is Beveridge and Kane

Despite his best Joseph goebbels impression you really Gotta love corn cob for his next 2 points

- straight into a negative , disdain attack on freo and our fwd line.
Yes we know it’s not great /finished product but as others said it’s actually composure going into 50 and then in front of the sticks that cost us .

No mention of Carlton only being able to kick 10 goals despite one of their Coleman medalists on a 3rd gamer?
No mention of us getting the game on our terms majority of the match.
And no mention of the enthralling classic arm wrestle of a match that it was.

-and of course no Cornes commentary would be complete without a reference to his favourite freo bug bear and the Jackson /darcy combo but he really ties himself in knots on it this time.

after admitting we need Darcy back so dogga can go fwd and “probably kick 30 goals”(fair return for a 2/3 kpf I would’ve thought?)he then follows up with but you lose him out the ruck… and? … must of missed the part where Darcys now a confirmed potato ruck and unworthy of “relieving” jackos ruck duties !

the cognitive dissonance reached in order to not let go of his ingrained POV is impressive.

Darcy due back against his port next game
Known to get fired up over his critics I do hope Darcy comes out and has blinder whilst jacko kicks 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot.of Carlton fans are smug and gloating with a real sense of arrogance.

The umpiring system needs change.
They need to be paid full-time with constant training, signed up for 1 season contracts and be held accountable.
On top of the base pay, which should be only minimum wage, they can make good coin from match payments.
Even better coin, the opportunity to umpire finals games. Only the best of the best.
Every game to be reviewed comprehensively by people with 0 affiliation.
The s**t umpires will not get match payments as they will be working to get better in the state leagues.

Umpires will need to confirm any issues with bias, conscious or unconscious, and be kept well clear of those games.

* Tasmania.
They need to spend up on the officiating of the game first.
Geez I thought it was a full time job? Surely it is? They have too much responsibility for it not to be? You would argue it warrants an Apprenticeship even…

Carlton peeps, come on, no one on here wants your advice, stay out

Edit: holy * Carlton people, how can you think anyone here wants your input on umpires or anything to do with the game. Stay out or get pointed
We had plenty of Freo folks who wanted to tell us pre- game how things were going to be. So it's no surprise you got some feedback post game.

2 years ago the umpiring lost us the Carlton game which kept us out of the finals that year with dubious 50 meter penalty and free kicks with seconds to go.
Thought that would never happen again.
Not happy, still not happy.
There’s a common factor..
The VFL roll out Stevic to umpire Carlton games against us
Expect him to be appointed when we play The Pies

Following that horrific ending I needed to cheer myself up. So I’ve had 3 x pieces of fried pizza dough with burrata, a slice of margarita pizza, a plate of crab bucatini, some beef and pork ragu tagliatelle, two amaretto sours and two thirds of a bottle of wine.
Do you live in an Italian restaurant?

Also, I now have a great deal of affection for you.

We’ll be ok peeps. Took it right up to them and remember we are a very young side. Should’ve won it but at least we didn’t get our pants pulled down (well, except maybe by the umpires).

We had plenty of Freo folks who wanted to tell us pre- game how things were going to be. So it's no surprise you got some feedback post game.
I read pages of pre game opinions that said we would get dodgy umpiring. The comments were that if it was close the umpires would decide it against us. It’s happened before against Carlton so you can understand Clark blowing up. We all blew up. And everyone who is saying we blew our chances and are forensically analysing every touch, kick or decision that wasn’t perfect, did you do the same to Carlton? They had their chances, they made some bad decisions, they couldn’t put us away. The difference, again, the DIFFERENCE, was a bad umpiring call in the last minute of the game. And not for the first time. And again, we loose the 4 points. Never Carlton. Us.

"yeah the call was completely incorrect and we ****ed up but how dare Jordan Clark call as out for being wrong thats abusive"
Profane and demonstrative, I tells ya!

He’s from ******* Albany, you silly campaigner. That’s how he asks his Nan for two-fruits with the icecream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back