Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

So he’s not finished?
Depends how you want to look at it, the concern is that no young our players are stepping up when he isn’t on field

It’s what Richmond saw last year with Cotch one side of the coin is you want to see them in the side every week for that leadership because it’s needed but you also need to be looking to the future

Pies short/med term future Looks very similar to what Richmond was looking at 2 years ago

Some elite talent but not enough to cover what you are going to lose and right now the club isn’t trying to try and prevent the drop

Depends how you want to look at it, the concern is that no young our players are stepping up when he isn’t on field

It’s what Richmond saw last year with Cotch one side of the coin is you want to see them in the side every week for that leadership because it’s needed but you also need to be looking to the future

Pies short/med term future Looks very similar to what Richmond was looking at 2 years ago

Some elite talent but not enough to cover what you are going to lose and right now the club isn’t trying to try and prevent the drop

My point is when they are losing people say he’s finished, when he’s off the ground and the other team is on top, it’s because he’s not playing.

Great player, great leader but his influence is overstated.

Any particular piece of memorabilia from 2023 that you think it looks the best in?
I hear Warner Bros want Moorre ot star in the upcoming biopic on Herman Munster but the stickingpoint is the peroxide hair colour- too post modern a take ..

Thoughts?

The Blues aren’t peaking too early are they?

After not peaking for 29 years….

It’s a looooooong season, timing and luck matters.
Peaking?

We’ve been well beaten in the middle in multiple games. Had a shaky backline for a few games without Weitering and have a few guys to come back in.

Wouldn’t that define that as peaking.

I hear Warner Bros want Moorre ot star in the upcoming biopic on Herman Munster but the stickingpoint is the peroxide hair colour- too post modern a take ..

Thoughts?

I think when you aren’t watching Carlton highlights on the VCR in the spare room at your parents place, you are watching VHS tapes of Australia’s funniest home videos.

That’s how good your banter is.

Peaking?

We’ve been well beaten in the middle in multiple games. Had a shaky backline for a few games without Weitering and have a few guys to come back in.

Wouldn’t that define that as peaking.

Peaking by Carlton’s standards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think when you aren’t watching Carlton highlights on the VCR in the spare room at your parents place, you are watching VHS tapes of Australia’s funniest home videos.

That’s how good your banter is.
I think peroxide is under rated and Herman Munster is really funny - hey do you think Herman could start his own fashion label?

the addams family horror tv GIF by absurdnoise

this is Herman's better looking cousin reminds me of someone but for the life of me I keep thinking peroxide ponytail

amazing huh?

the addams family horror tv GIF by absurdnoise

this is Herman's better looking cousin reminds me of someone but for the life of me I keep thinking peroxide ponytail

amazing huh?

The black and white photo doesn’t capture the colours, the face looks like Weitering if I’m being honest

Can we get a poll on this?

Collingwood board has a yearly thread about Carlton and we have a yearly thread about......Essendon. Personally I'd like Richmond to fold.

I don't think either team is playing anywhere near their best so I'm keen to see how we match up in a few weeks.

Back