Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would anyone begin with the ins here? Who is not in the side who has shown the kind of form required to be a decent AFL player? There's no shortage of players demanding to be omitted, but unfortunately, there's no one up to taking their spots.
I think I've seen enough of Lipinski, bring in HH for a bit of pace and mongrel. Lipinski is a momentum killer atm

The problem with Cox is that after the ruck, his next most effective position is the interchange bench. He has turned into a pumpkin forward. He hasn't kicked a goal this year, and worst still, he's flying competing with the other forwards, making it easy for the defenders to spoil the ball.

Alternative view - why are our forwards flying for marks against Cox?

How about training our forwards to actually lead properly to the ball carriers and also to run decoy leads to drag defenders away from the hotspot to create space for team-mates?

Our “key” forwards are the most stationary in the comp, forcing our mids to mindlessly bomb it long to a congested pack. Watch closely the likes of GWS, Carlton, Bulldogs, Geelong and Brisbane - their key forwards are always on the move, repeatedly leading, even when ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where would anyone begin with the ins here? Who is not in the side who has shown the kind of form required to be a decent AFL player? There's no shortage of players demanding to be omitted, but unfortunately, there's no one up to take their spots.
Harrison, Sullivan, Richards, Macrae, Markov are the only players who are near enough to AFL standard to be considered.

Alternative view - why are our forwards flying for marks against Cox?

How about training our forwards to actually lead properly to the ball carriers and also to run decoy leads to drag defenders away from the hotspot to create space for team-mates?

Our “key” forwards are the most stationary in the comp, forcing our mids to mindlessly bomb it long to a congested pack. Watch closely the likes of GWS, Carlton, Bulldogs, Geelong and Brisbane - their key forwards are always on the move, repeatedly leading, even when ignored.

We just don't have a genuine KF. we need to hope that freddy comes good very soon and then at least try and draft a KF who knows how to lead and when

I think I've seen enough of Lipinski, bring in HH for a bit of pace and mongrel. Lipinski is a momentum killer atm
Lipinski is a nothing player. All the hype about stealing him from the dogs for a 2nd rounder or whatever but he is such a vanilla, almost clumsy, wooden sort of player. He was probably no worse than some others tonight, though it's hard to really judge in a noisy pub with no sound from the TV and only visuals to follow. Not to mention the rowdy group of about 10 Irishman at the table next door, all of whom had no interest in the football. I had a really ordinary chicken burger and three drinks, and paid about $50 to watch an awful display by a lacklustre outfit.

In: A team feasting on bowls full of cocaine pre game to whip them into a frenzy.
Out: Just about everyone who played tonight

Last edited:
We just don't have a genuine KF. we need to hope that freddy comes good very soon and then at least try and draft a KF who knows how to lead and when

And chase the best unrestricted free agent key forward or key defender that money can buy. After all, we’ll have no top end draft picks.

Really hope Kreuger can put together some good VFL games and stay injury free.. big ask yes..he is the only option until McStay is back other than just persist with Reef who is more of a flanker... why are both our Key Forwards so injury prone !

We don't have a genuine tall anything because we are obsessed with creating a midg*t fleet. We don't have any picks to draft anyone decent. And we have a supporter base that makes excuses week after week for sub standard performances from players who are drowning in their own bathwater.

We don't have a genuine tall anything because we are obsessed with creating a midg*t fleet. We don't have any picks to draft anyone decent. And we have a supporter base that makes excuses week after week for sub standard performances from players who are drowning in their own bathwater.
I think we've got away with it the last 2 years but this year it seems to have caught up with us. Our main competitors are stacked with quality KF's. We could have taken logan Morris with our first pick, not a genuine KF at 191cm but he knows how to lead and when to lead. He's a natural forward but instead we chose yet another midfielder. Ollie Henry isn't a key forward but his leading patterns and know how make him invaluable. We need to at least be trying to get players who have natural forward craft, even if they take a bit longer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get rid of noble
Turnovers
Frees
A disgrace
Dropping him in. The finals won us a flag.
Absolutely reckless brainless
Watch the replays
Been happening every time with pressure.
Ok in good going
Pressure he crumbles panic fear....
Don't waste time.....
Maynard not far behind in turnovers
Watch the replay...
Watch the replay.
The pressure they create on other players..
Watch the disposal efficiency....
Disgraceful
This costs goals
They were hard to get after half time ...
That is why noble got dropped for the finals
All low scoring games
We missed a bullet
He makes mistakes but he actually plays with attacking intent.

I get why we didn’t want to risk his mistakes in the finals last season but atm we need his run.

I think we've got away with it the last 2 years but this year it seems to have caught up with us. Our main competitors are stacked with quality KF's. We could have taken logan Morris with our first pick, not a genuine KF at 191cm but he knows how to lead and when to lead. He's a natural forward but instead we chose yet another midfielder. Ollie Henry isn't a key forward but his leading patterns and know how make him invaluable. We need to at least be trying to get players who have natural forward craft, even if they take a bit longer
I bet the supporters who crucified Ollie when he left, calling him cry baby and mummy's boy, pretending he was never going to amount to anything much as a peripheral forward, would not so secretly be happy now if he was our key forward. Despite any height deficiencies he may have for the role, he has a lot more to offer than McInness or Johnson. Without McStay at one end and Murphy at the other, our KPP stocks are about as threatening as a bunch of iceberg lettuces stuck on oversized cotton buds.

I bet the supporters who crucified Ollie when he left, calling him cry baby and mummy's boy, pretending he was never going to amount to anything much as a peripheral forward, would not so secretly be happy now if he was our key forward. Despite any height deficiencies he may have for the role, he has a lot more to offer than McInness or Johnson. Without McStay at one end and Murphy at the other, our KPP stocks are about as threatening as a bunch of iceberg lettuces stuck on oversized cotton buds.
you're on some way out stuff to come up with that combo

He makes mistakes but he actually plays with attacking intent.

I get why we didn’t want to risk his mistakes in the finals last season but atm we need his run.
Noble certainly would not have been inspired to greater heights by the defenders around him tonight. Don't know why he gets singled out for criticism.

The Henry predictions were crazy. It only takes the simplest football mind to see he was going to be a star from day one, anything else is just garbage and self justification

I'll be at a wedding and the ceremony starts at 4 lol. I'd be right if we were at the reception, any tips on how to sneak it in while the celebrant is rambling? :p
Headphones?

McInnes is still developing. Remember, he was drafted as a midfielder but it’s clear he belongs forward. That takes time.

Ollie Henry will have a solid career. Think he’ll be good to very good, not elite.

What we need is 195cm+ forward who can mark and they don’t come cheaply or grow on trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back