Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad idea. If I do a double downgrade I can do Flanders the week after.
Double downs are a serious consideration this week. Some good BE's on offer, last of the best 18 for 6 or so weeks. I'm fortunate to have Daicos and Roberts back, yes lose Max, but have Jackson to swing there, so it kind of feels like my best 18 are fairly good scorers even if I go double down. Bank some coin for a good launch next Round after the DPP's🤞

Considering this. Luke Jackson is such an issue. Kind of wish I didn't pick him. The 92 avg wasn't worth having to use another trade on him now. I expected 100+ playing #1 ruck

1713325080040.png

He's playing West Coast so can leave it one more week but also beneficial to not have the problem as of next week.

A lot of my trade plans hinge on whether Sanders gets FWD DPP. My trade out options now or in comings weeks are Jackson and Fisher but I also don't want to be fielding multiple forward rookies

Considering this. Luke Jackson is such an issue. Kind of wish I didn't pick him. The 92 avg wasn't worth having to use another trade on him now. I expected 100+ playing #1 ruck

View attachment 1962027

He's playing West Coast so can leave it one more week but also beneficial to not have the problem as of next week.

A lot of my trade plans hinge on whether Sanders gets FWD DPP. My trade out options now or in comings weeks is Jackson and Fisher but I also don't want to be fielding multiple forward rookies
I'm in the camp of holding him right now, agree he hasn't been what we wanted but he has 3 really good matchups the next 3 weeks for Rucks/Forwards, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he scores better playing abit more forward.

He's also close to top 6 forwards currently (F6 right now), so i think hes a low priority trade out unless you don't have any other major issues.

I'm in the camp of holding him right now, agree he hasn't been what we wanted but he has 3 really good matchups the next 3 weeks for Rucks/Forwards, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he scores better playing abit more forward.

He's also close to top 6 forwards currently (F6 right now), so i think hes a low priority trade out unless you don't have any other major issues.

Agree. It's a tough call either way.

Another move I have looked at is Jackson to Comben as a reliable fwd option but also gain about 340k.

I expect Comben to average about 70. Jackson about 80-85ish with Darcy back. Then use the money elsewhere in the midfield to gain more than the minor points difference

View attachment 1962027

A lot of my trade plans hinge on whether Sanders gets FWD DPP. My trade out options now or in comings weeks are Jackson and Fisher but I also don't want to be fielding multiple forward rookies

wow tough crowd!!

Go back in time and I'm still locking in Jackson in my forward line Round 1!
$770k forward who I can chalk up as a 94 average... sign me up!

I agree we need a plan to move on from him but until options jump out what's the point? Even if he scores 60 this week I'm not jumping off yet... odds are we're jumping onto something worse.

wow tough crowd!!

Go back in time and I'm still locking in Jackson in my forward line Round 1!
$770k forward who I can chalk up as a 94 average... sign me up!

I agree we need a plan to move on from him but until options jump out what's the point? Even if he scores 60 this week I'm not jumping off yet... odds are we're jumping onto something worse.

A lot of it is eye test too. I've watched a few Freo games and Jackson is in really poor form.

I think the ruck role being around the ball has propped up his average to mask his poor play. If he had a worse role and this poor form I think he would be averaging 70 right now.

He is fumbling everything, overrunning the ball and dropping every single mark. Even when gets possession he doesn't know what to do with it. I don't remember him being this poor last season.

Maybe Darcy in will actually settle him and allow him to play better because he's not a #1 ruck. Getting smashed

Not a bad idea. If I do a double downgrade I can do Flanders the week after.
Generate some cash to do future upgrades ......Flanders has SYD this week ...if you get him the week after, GC have WCE on the Gold Coast (drooling)

On the other hand .....it gets Darcy RUCK / FWD status ....but his body will restrict his Ruck minutes against the big brutes .....so I wouldn't be too worried about English

Unless Bevo wants English to leave the kennel .....playing him FWD will achieve that goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson hasn't had the easiest run yet - only game I didn't like his score to cost ratio was the last one against Port, and followers will know that is a hard one often to get a decent score in. I understand the impatience, nearly as much as I understand the grass is often greener on the other side. He's at $801k with a BE of 107 now, so there is a world he might be better traded this week if that's where you are going anyway.

1713331288736.png

I think that's a bit of a myth though. players haven't scored much against those teams in the last few weeks.
WCE are one of the hardest matchups for inside mids courtesy of Yeo, they're pretty much the easiest matchup in all other facets of the game. Sydney is one of the harder matchups for Wing/defenders and general defenders but one of the easiest for a designated kicker. It'll be interesting to see how Lukocious goes as well as Flanders. I'll be bringing in Flanders next week FWIW

I'll be keeping an eye on the Adelaide mids this week mainly because I'm holding Crouch and wanting to see how productive they'll be without him, but also because I'm going a little early on Rankine but I'm also thinking that Dawson could be a big beneficiary of Crouch missing then to see what Nicks actually does do if the mid mix becomes more effective.

I'll be keeping an eye on the Adelaide mids this week mainly because I'm holding Crouch and wanting to see how productive they'll be without him, but also because I'm going a little early on Rankine but I'm also thinking that Dawson could be a big beneficiary of Crouch missing then to see what Nicks actually does do if the mid mix becomes more effective.
I would assume Berry comes in to play a full game at Crouch's role.

Currently deciding two options,

Get in walsh this week and lukosius next week. Upgrading my team but I'm not trading out my red dots like Clark and will have to trade out a roberts/sharp early to make the trades work.

Or double downgrade this week and bring in lukosius and adams/rankine next week. I'll be able to trade out Gallagher Clark and Massimo to make the trades work, getting rid of the red dots and having sanders as my only forward rookie on field.

First option feels like I'm upgrading my team faster but the second option could be better for cash generation and the long run.

Currently deciding two options,

Get in walsh this week and lukosius next week. Upgrading my team but I'm not trading out my red dots like Clark and will have to trade out a roberts/sharp early to make the trades work.

Or double downgrade this week and bring in lukosius and adams/rankine next week. I'll be able to trade out Gallagher Clark and Massimo to make the trades work, getting rid of the red dots and having sanders as my only forward rookie on field.

First option feels like I'm upgrading my team faster but the second option could be better for cash generation and the long run.
With out cash gen the upgrade options will dry up.

I'm keeping a close eye on Soligo .....if he can three-peat, becomes an irresistible target .....and Nicks would have declared his hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back