Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 12 - Las Vegas Bears v Mount Buller Demons at The Stadium in the Sky [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Come to me for tips if you're fighting Cap

I am now the reigning Vegas boxing champ after wiping the floor with M92's fat arse.
Have you washed the pillows

I've got my new PJs

Kids Choice Sports 2019 Pillow Fight GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

I have two in issues with veganism.

1. Nonsensical naming descriptors. Some make sense but some are just bizarre.
Vegan sausage is okay, vegan ingredients in a sausage shape.
Vegan shepherds pie. No dice. A shepherds pie is synonymous with having lamb and that's what makes it a 'shepherds pie' so it makes no sense.

2. People who choose veganism on the grounds of not killing animals yet won't eat eggs or drink milk. Neither harm the animal or kill it so where's the issue...
1. Because "Vegan substitute pie with a topping of mashed potato" is probably a bit long. It makes complete sense. Please show me on the dolly where the vegans hurt you.

2. Veganism regards abstaining from the use of all animal products - it's not about if an animal is killed or not.

Cauliflower

Awful vegetable
A new bar opened up near us and after some slight trepidation due to the owners / crowd, we decided to give it a crack anyway. We ordered a number of small dishes to share between the four of us - one was fried cauliflower. The batter was s**t and the cauliflower half cold.

Between deep-fried cauliflower or eggplant and pumpkin on pizza, I'm not sure which is worse.

1. Because "Vegan substitute pie with a topping of mashed potato" is probably a bit long. It makes complete sense. Please show me on the dolly where the vegans hurt you.

2. Veganism regards abstaining from the use of all animal products - it's not about if an animal is killed or not.
1. No where. Their love of salad leaves more meat for the rest of us, we all win.

2. For most people sure. But you do come across people who explicitly state "killing" as their reason so it makes zero sense in that context.

1. No where. Their love of salad leaves more meat for the rest of us, we all win.

2. For most people sure. But you do come across people who explicitly state "killing" as their reason so it makes zero sense in that context.
1. Yet you still complain.

2. I don't. Vegetarians, yes. Vegans, no.

I have two in issues with veganism.

1. Nonsensical naming descriptors. Some make sense but some are just bizarre.
Vegan sausage is okay, vegan ingredients in a sausage shape.
Vegan shepherds pie. No dice. A shepherds pie is synonymous with having lamb and that's what makes it a 'shepherds pie' so it makes no sense.

2. People who choose veganism on the grounds of not killing animals yet won't eat eggs or drink milk. Neither harm the animal or kill it so where's the issue...
1. It is for marketing reasons. Plus since "vegan" has a stigma to it, most things call themselves "plant based" which is a more marketable phrase. Plus also means it can still be made in a non-vegan way and not be false advertising

2. You could argue that eggs is killing since they could have been hatched and that milking an animal doesn't always be the most ethical practice

A new bar opened up near us and after some slight trepidation due to the owners / crowd, we decided to give it a crack anyway. We ordered a number of small dishes to share between the four of us - one was fried cauliflower. The batter was s**t and the cauliflower half cold.

Between deep-fried cauliflower or eggplant and pumpkin on pizza, I'm not sure which is worse.
Pumpkin in a pizza is fine. Never really tried much eggplant before so not sure on how it goes

Let's not fight this morning.
I am too chipper thanks to München :rainbow:
To be fair, if you post nonsensical remarks on an anonymous online simulated text-based football league forum I am allowed to respond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pumpkin in a pizza is fine. Never really tried much eggplant before so not sure on how it goes
My issue (which appears to have abated itself over recent years) is/was that the pumpkin is/was never thoroughly cooked and still a little raw. It was during the stage of "hey vegetarian pizzas are now in fashion - lets just throw veggies on top"

disgusted matilda GIF

To be fair, if you post nonsensical remarks on an anonymous online simulated text-based football league forum I am allowed to respond.
To be fair, I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong :sunglasses:

1. It is for marketing reasons. Plus since "vegan" has a stigma to it, most things call themselves "plant based" which is a more marketable phrase. Plus also means it can still be made in a non-vegan way and not be false advertising

2. You could argue that eggs is killing since they could have been hatched and that milking an animal doesn't always be the most ethical practice
Wonder if there's those out there that proclaim 2. But are also pro-choice on abortions. Would be ethical gymnastics.
How about pineapple on pizza

smokebomb-krieger.gif

Continue to post nonsensical remarks on an anonymous online simulated text-based football league forum, yet be aware people will respond.

My issue (which appears to have abated itself over recent years) is/was that the pumpkin is/was never thoroughly cooked and still a little raw. It was during the stage of "hey vegetarian pizzas are now in fashion - lets just throw veggies on top"

disgusted matilda GIF
Yeah you'd need to cook it about 80-90% before being on on the pizza to finish cooking. Or use leftover pumpkin and reheat it when on the pizza

Yeah you'd need to cook it about 80-90% before being on on the pizza to finish cooking. Or use leftover pumpkin and reheat it when on the pizza
I love capsicum on pizza, always part cook it.

I mean I've seen people make chicken pizza, the chicken is never raw.

Preaching to the converted. You need to be directing your comment to various pizza establishments dotted around Victoria that seem to just whack raw pumpkin on a pizza before chucking it in the oven.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back