Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 12 - Las Vegas Bears v Mount Buller Demons at The Stadium in the Sky [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

My GF is a vegan. Not all mock meats are created equal

Except tofu which is always s**t
I love Tofu in Thai Cuisine but tend not to eat it away from home

I think mock meats have a place but texture wise , they aren’t for me

The dairy substitutes are getting better though. I remember when they only readily available option was soy milk…

Pumpkin in a pizza is fine. Never really tried much eggplant before so not sure on how it goes
They’re both great in pizza (and pasta ) but it’s about the combination. I stay clear of descriptions like “roast vegetable” (too vague , often overcooked , and often a questionable combination)

So, when making a non traditional pizza, do you go sauce, cheese other toppings, or sauce, other toppings then cheese ?
I go base, sauce, toppings, cheese

The really nice pizza place near me goes base, sauce, cheese, toppings, cheese

I go base, sauce, toppings, cheese

The really nice pizza place near me goes base, sauce, cheese, toppings, cheese
I do the latter too but the first layer of cheese is thin

A new bar opened up near us and after some slight trepidation due to the owners / crowd, we decided to give it a crack anyway. We ordered a number of small dishes to share between the four of us - one was fried cauliflower. The batter was s**t and the cauliflower half cold.

Between deep-fried cauliflower or eggplant and pumpkin on pizza, I'm not sure which is worse.
Pumpkin on pizza. By an absolute street. For the reasons mentioned previously.

I really thought you wouldn't have an issue
I nearly bought beef sausages on special in Woolies, before I noticed the small vegan written on it. All the 'meat' in the reduced specials section in my local Woolies was plant based. And there was a lot of it. Sausages and burger patties. We already have a fruit and veg section...they belong there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I nearly bought beef sausages on special in Woolies, before I noticed the small vegan written on it. All the 'meat' in the reduced specials section in my local Woolies was plant based. And there was a lot of it. Sausages and burger patties. We already have a fruit and veg section...they belong there
I ive tried a few different meat replacement products out of curiosity.

Some arent that bad, however they are way less healthy than I thought they'd be.

Some arent that bad, however they are way less healthy than I thought they'd be.
I think meat replacement products tend to get a really bad reputation from a sense that people think they're 'unnatural', but I try to stay open-minded.

People quickly forget that meat isn't super healthy either, but this isn't substantially better.

I think they’re relying on ppl saying ‘they taste the same, I’m going to make the right environmental choice’ rather than they’re delicious in isolation …

It doesn’t help that they’re not that much cheaper, which you’d expect it to be - up against meat after all.

It’s a bit like how 0% alcohol drinks aren’t that much cheaper than alcohol

I have been forced to cut out meat temporarily for health reasons, but I will just stick to the tried and true formula of fresh veg and fruit and avos

It doesn’t help that they’re not that much cheaper, which you’d expect it to be - up against meat after all.
If meat alternatives end up being half the price, better or equal in nutrition and better for the environment we will see them take off

Then the demand will be high and prices will skyrocket because hashtag freemarket

And the photos of DemonJim we really didnt need to see.

Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU
Hey!

You pulled them out of my locker! You didn't have to share them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back