• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 52 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Richmond have never changed a raft of rules to stop Geelong.
Geelong,the precious pussies have done that to Richmond though.
#boysclub

yes that’s right the best and brightest minds in the league couldn’t devise a tactic to stop the Tiger train but one simple stroke of a pen managed to do it and Hardwick was such a s**t coach that he couldn’t find a way around it.

Make more excuses.

Then in the midst of Richmond's dynasty Colin Carter tried to fudge the Premiership Cup figures.

Eat a bag of furballs Cats!

1967 and 2020!

You'll NEVER BEAT The TIGERS!

How proud must a man be, who became the club’s most famous figure and has the nickname ‘Captain Blood’, that his club’s first rise to power in four decades was thwarted by a man in a yellow shirt saying ‘stand.’

No it’s been a traumatic and conspiratorial process and I hope sooner or later the league wide nature of this anti-Richmond and pro-Geelong bias gets exposed and they can continue to do things like staging Geelong home finals against MCG tenants at the MCG etc as a way of manifesting this bias.

Again you’ve put a lot of thought into this.

Yeah well I just did. Sorry, but this isn’t the Supreme Court.

Same reason I’ve told you the other 400000 times and you still can’t wrap your head around it. A player can win a medal for being mediocre in year X relative to a player in year Y who was twice as good but didn’t win the medal because someone else happened to be 0.1 per cent better. Player Y has had easily a better season but has no medal to show for it. So when the teo
Players go hypothetically head to head, the medal doesn’t do their kicking and hand passing for them does it. Their kicking and hand passing does their kicking and hand passing. The medals mean jack s**t.

Medals also depend on the system in which they are awarded and are often given in imperfect systems whereby a player can have 6 goals and 30 touches in a game and get 2 votes in a losing game because an opponent in the winning team had 35 and 3, meanwhile someone else in a winning team in another game has 22 and 2 and gets 3 votes.

It’s a s**t system.

That logic can apply to any award. Guess they are all meaningless to you then.

Perfect logic when things don’t go your way, quite ingenious coping mechanism. You’ve always got a way to rat out of the argument by saying it’s all just BS.

Perfect logic when things don’t go your way, quite ingenious coping mechanism. You’ve always got a way to rat out of the argument by saying it’s all just BS.

Well to some extent yeah. I would say that if someone has won a Brownlow medal it’s very safe to assume they are a quality footballer and with the exception of probably Shane Woewodin, elite. Saying ‘Player A has won a Brownlow Medal ergo he has to be better than Player B who has not’ is about as stupid as it gets, however. This is borne out quite clearly by measuring players like Matt Priddis and Tom Mitchell against contemporaries like Scott Pendlebury and Joel Selwood.

Equally while Jason Akermanis WAS quite clearly a very very good footballer with exceptional skills, just blindly saying ‘oh well blah blah blah he had a Brownlow medal so their midfield had to be better blah blah blah’ doesn’t really mean much does it when a player from another midfield in the argument who played a very very similar role had a very very similar level of talent and boasted better stats in almost every aspect of the game.

Again, the medal isn’t going to kick the ball or hand pass it in a hypothetical showdown between the two sides is it.

I’m not ratting out or anything and I don’t need to because it isn’t ’not going my way’ you idiot.

it’s not ‘not going my way’ because I’m not losing the argument.

I’ve stated that I think Brisbane probably shades the question, because I think across the full depth of all the midfields theirs has the best cross section of talent, skill, toughness etc.

Your reliance on ‘well they had three Brownlow medalists and so and so played well in the last quarter of a grand final’ and then just being downright disrespectful about players you never even watched and making a fool of yourself, to win an argument you don’t even have to win, because I’m literally not even saying Geelong had the best midfield, is f**king woeful.

The fact that you STILL, after 100 attempts to understand the idea that winning an award doesn’t inherently mean you’ve outplayed someone, can’t wrap your head around the concept, is a reflection on you. No one else.

Saying the word ‘cope’ and trying to tell other people that they are having an issue with coping - when they are discussing a football topic - is just, it’s just moronic mate. Take a breather.

Can you honestly not see the logic in PB’s argument? It is sound.

Have another try at comprehending it. Give it your best try. There’s still hope for you if you can open your mind a little.

Do you know - and promise me no Googling Cleansweep17 - who Christopher Marlowe was?

Well I’ll save you a quick Google anyway.

He was the second best playwright of Shakespeare’s lifetime and if you’re into plays and theatre is pretty famous in his own right.

Now imagine there was a Brownlow for writing plays.

I think we know who would have won it most of the time.

Poor old Christopher Marlow would have had to sit there year after year listening to Bill giving pissed acceptance speeches ‘Ye all bless me, I beseech you to continue to grace me into the wee hours with thine presence as we partake in this delightful bitches brew….. and tear The Globe Theatre a new a-hole.’

Meanwhile whoever the hell arrived straight after Shakespeare and Marlowe died was probably shithouse. But he would have won more ‘Brownlows’ than poor old Christopher.

Can you honestly not see the logic in PB’s argument? It is sound.

Have another try at comprehending it. Give it your best try. There’s still hope for you if you can open your mind a little.

I can and you should agree with me especially since GAJ is considered by most as one of the best of all time because of those exact awards he is saying doesn’t matter.

PB doesn’t like it here because it shows that Lions mids are better than the Geelong ones.

Who wouldn’t pick a midfield with more Brownlow medalists in it like seriously?

Do you know - and promise me no Googling Cleansweep17 - who Christopher Marlowe was?

Well I’ll save you a quick Google anyway.

He was the second best playwright of Shakespeare’s lifetime and if you’re into plays and theatre is pretty famous in his own right.

Now imagine there was a Brownlow for writing plays.

I think we know who would have won it most of the time.

Poor old Christopher Marlow would have had to sit there year after year listening to Bill giving pissed acceptance speeches ‘Ye all bless me, I beseech you to continue to grace me into the wee hours with thine presence as we partake in this delightful bitches brew….. and tear The Globe Theatre a new a-hole.’

Meanwhile whoever the hell arrived straight after Shakespeare and Marlowe died was probably shithouse. But he would have won more ‘Brownlows’ than poor old Christopher.

And how does this relate specifically to the Lions and Geelong mids? Are saying you have a bunch of players that were better than Voss, Aker and Black but didn’t win Brownlows because Cooney beat them?

And how does this relate specifically to the Lions and Geelong mids? You saying you have a bunch of player that were better than Voss, Aker and Black but didn’t win Brownlows?

It is explaining to you how someone can miss out on an honour or a medal, and be better or equal to someone else who won it. Using medals as a means to assess players rather than actually assessing the players themselves is perhaps the dumbest way in history to rate anything. As I’ve said to you before, it’s like saying that a film which won Best Film at the Oscars HAS to be better than another movie from a different year that didnt win.

That you even need to ask that question shows that you’re too thick to understand it.

And yes I’ll say it straight out. Peak Steve Steve Johnson is as good as peak Jason Akermanis having seen both of them. Both exceptional players and both walk into any greatest hits team you want to name from recent times. But I sure don’t think Akermanis was better simply because he once won a Brownlow.

Guess what- Johnson once polled 25 Brownlow votes. Aker never did.

Last edited:
I can and you should agree with me especially since GAJ is considered by most as one of the best of all time because of those exact awards he is saying doesn’t matter.

PB doesn’t like it here because it shows that Lions mids are better than the Geelong ones.

Who wouldn’t pick a midfield with more Brownlow medalists in it like seriously?

Gaz is not considered great because he won awards.
He won awards because he was a great player.
Strange you can’t grasp this.

Oh so now MVP awards are important?
That’s an interesting turn of events

Hahaha you overlooked that before insulting me didn’t you lol

Yes MVP are an award so of course they matter, I’ve been saying that the whole time . F me Jock McHale could not coach somebody to be this stupid. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I didn’t overlook anything. I just responded to the idea that the Brownlow medal somehow a) does all the kicking and b) needs to be won during the relevant period. You’re tying yourself in more knots than a bondage mistress’ favourite rope trying to prove that awards somehow make a player better than their actual quality.

How tf do you think AFL awards are won buddy, by playing chess? 🤣

We are talking about a teams midfield here. So there obviously has to be a relevant time. You must be from the Twilight Zone or something man.

And actually when I think about it Geelong 11 can’t be included either because Ablett wasn’t in it. Unless you think the Geelong midfield was better when he wasn’t there.

Anyways I’m leaving it. You’ve lost the plot, making imaginary midfields and Shakespeare references. Weird unit.

but then you’ve also had players like Jenkins, Menzel and dalhaus. Plus some players probably both of us have forgotten about.

The role players crumble when the stars aren’t on the field. Stengel in 2022 is a massive example.
Apples What Do You Think Of That GIF by Chicks on the Right

Steve Hocking brought in rule after rule after Richmond won all those flags.
The Stand rule reminds us Tigers how salty Shocking and the CFL were after the 2020 Richmond premiership.
I can't see Richmond ever doing something like that.

Steve Hocking brought in rule after rule after Richmond won all those flags.
The Stand rule reminds us Tigers how salty Shocking and the CFL were after the 2020 Richmond premiership.
I can't see Richmond ever doing something like that.
It's getting to the point where none of us can tell the difference between parody and serious posting.

It's that bad.

They are a deluded, pathetic embarrassment.
It's a great case study.

Normally, people need a corrupt election, a government cover up, or something along those lines to go full Alex Jones on everybody.

All Richmond supporters needed was their footy team returning to being s**t, and they went straight down the rabbithole.

Back