Preview Round 7 v Melbourne ANZAC Eve MCG Wednesday April 24th 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banks and HRS playing. No McAullife.
Just don’t get it!!
Must have Pickett playing a forward role, given we’ve picked 4 wingers .
Have no issues re Naismiths selection. His form has been outstanding, and you can’t let Gawn dominate hitouts to their midfield
Not sure on the Banks promotion, don't recall him having a stand out game in the ressies. Should be shelved until hes put on some size, there's no point playing him when hes built like the banner.

Watch McAuliffe and Sonsie get 30 each in the middle for the VFL again and then subsequently witness the coaches scratch their heads that they're not doing the same at AFL level when you put one in the forward pocket and the other doesn't get a fair go at it.

Playing in the middle in the VFL is completely different. You play on the best and fittest players in the comp at AFL level in there. Hopper had to come back in. Graham and Dow would want to play well in there though. Even Baker was shocking in the middle against West Coast.

The season has barely started and we already looked tired last week. There is plenty of time to play the kids in the 2nd half of the season. If we start getting thrashed now, we become like North and the senior players start checking out.

Last edited:
This is pathetic selecting Macintosh Pickett and Hugo who has numerous opportunities still named and earlier 2 have done jack shite in 6 games while the youngsters get dropped we need games into them I think it will be all over after 1 quarter then I will turn it off
Again lost it at selection
Hugo played his first game of the year last week. What are these numerous opportunities?

'Lost at selection' people are the most delusional of all supporters. Yes the only difference between us winning and losing is a Big footy posters team selection 🙃🙃

why are we selecting Naismith? does the mc think we can actually win? He has no future at the club (no offence to him). Play Ryan and Sonsie.

HRS selection baffling again

Surely Ryan has no future, hes 24 later this season. If hes not playing with Lynch Balta and Kosi not selected whats the point? . Personally I dont rate him, but if we are offering him another contract, he really needs to be playing.

Selection continues to get worse and worse. There is no logic in it. Tell me why banks deserves to play. McAuliffe hasn't even been giving a fair go.

Naismith over Ryan when we need a forward. Grimes is washed. Sonsie is continually played out of position then dropped to go play midfield in the VFL when he never plays midfield at AFL level. Great development by Yze!

Hope we lose by 10 goals with this selection mantra because the only hopeful thing about this season is now the top 3 draft pick coming our way

Last edited:
why are we selecting Naismith? does the mc think we can actually win? He has no future at the club (no offence to him). Play Ryan and Sonsie.

HRS selection baffling again
The goal from this point it seems is try to not to get humiliated and rotate through some kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing in the middle in the VFL is completely different. You play on the best players in the comp at AFL level in there. Hopper had to come back in. Graham and Dow would want to play well in there though. Even Baker was shocking in the middle against West Coast.

The season has barely started and we already looked tired last week. There is plenty of time to play the kids in the 2nd half of the season. If we start getting thrashed now, we become like North and the senior players start checking out.
Lets be fair though about the midfield last game. Dow and the rest of our midfield were not big enough against Kelly and Yeo. Was like the 2022 game against Carlton when Edwards and all that went through the midfield and Hewitt, Cripps and Kennedy were all just walking through the small players.

Hugo played his first game of the year last week. What are these numerous opportunities?

'Lost at selection' people are the most delusional of all supporters. Yes the only difference between us winning and losing is a Big footy posters team selection 🙃🙃
Over the past few years he has and he won’t make it he is a squib also blind Freddie could select a better team than that

Selection continues to get worse and worse. There is no logic in it. Tell me why banks deserves to play. McAuliffe hasn't even been giving a fair go. Naismith over Ryan when we need a forward. Grimes is washed.

Hope we lose by 10 goals because only hopeful thing about this season is now the top 3 draft pick coming our way
There is no logic in it because supporters are looking at it from the outside. You don't see any of the decision making or reasoning.

You don't see the decisions made because of matchups, the decisions made because of attitude, the ones made for a player to work on specific things. Everyone looks at it to try to put their most likes players on the field, not put together a team.

unless nank is going to play forward and cray in the ruck, I can’t see the point of not playing Ryan.
I would have liked to see Sonsie get a proper go in the midfield.

unless nank is going to play forward and cray in the ruck, I can’t see the point of not playing Ryan.
I would have liked to see Sonsie get a proper go in the midfield.

Maybe theyve decided they never need to play Ryan again and putting games into him is a waste? Wasnt there talk he wanted to go home, maybe they know hes leaving or hes just not good enough. Ryan would get absolutely destroyed by May anyway, but so will whoever plays there.

There is no logic to playing Naismith who has zero future with us in finals let alone flags, to Ryan who could still be part of our next flag.

Ryan can forward or ruck, Naismith is probably only going to be a ruck. Playing Nank and Naismith is like being 1 useless rotation when they aren't rucking.

There is no logic in it because supporters are looking at it from the outside. You don't see any of the decision making or reasoning.

You don't see the decisions made because of matchups, the decisions made because of attitude, the ones made for a player to work on specific things. Everyone looks at it to try to put their most likes players on the field, not put together a team.

I don't need to be inside the room to know the team selection is poor. Kids are being played out position then subbed or dropped after 1 week. Players selected off poor VFL form or no form. Any player with a bit of experience is never any danger of being dropped, only the kids.

You sound like a yes man supporter. Everything the club does is correct because they know best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back