Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Anzac Day, 25/04/24 @ 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we convert the possible into the capable we're home.
If we continue to convert the winnable into what the **** happened there, goodnight.
To me we're playing just, and just winning.

If we convert the possible into the capable we're home.
If we continue to convert the winnable into what the * happened there, goodnight.
To me we're playing just, and just winning.
Yeah, we got away with it against Crows. Must nail our chances against the Pies or they will take the game away from us in an instant.

Nullify Elliot, DeGoey no Collingwood against us, knockout that stupid arrogant yank, win . I'm in heaven.

We won premierships with Madden, Merrett, Daniher, Vander Haar, and Salmon. Maybe Brad is going retro in order to progress. He’s gone fully meta in his coaching philosophy. He can see that the best way to subvert a tsunami of overlapping momentum is to offer mountains in its path. Truly transcendent in his vision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won premierships with Madden, Merrett, Daniher, Vander Haar, and Salmon. Maybe Brad is going retro in order to progress. He’s gone fully meta in his coaching philosophy. He can see that the best way to subvert a tsunami of overlapping momentum is to offer mountains in its path. Truly transcendent in his vision.
To be fair the game was very different then. Daniher and Vanders weren't that tall, both around the 190cm mark I'd reckon.

Goldy is not the future. Draper could be. Let's stop pretending we are top 4. We are culture building, and Draper is one of those the club is backing to build that culture. Its not all the campion data, its also the bonds, the energy, the team.
So many posters here treat the team like they are playing a video game. Performance has its place, but there is more to it, especially when building a team from the no-man's land of the bombers from the last 20 years.
The same goes of Laverde. When we are in a position to replace a guy who will run through walls, I'm all for it. But we are so far from that club right now.
Go bombers. Hope Draper finds his mojo when we need it.

I'm a little worried about Bobby Hill the most. He was big in creating scoring opportunities last week and we need to do all we can to nullify him as much as possible.

Fun fact though, the biggest crowd McKay has ever played in front of for Norf was 59k, and that was mostly Tigers supporters because it was Cotchin's farewell match.

Tomorrow's crowd will be about double that.

Goldy is not the future. Draper could be. Let's stop pretending we are top 4. We are culture building, and Draper is one of those the club is backing to build that culture. Its not all the campion data, its also the bonds, the energy, the team.
So many posters here treat the team like they are playing a video game. Performance has its place, but there is more to it, especially when building a team from the no-man's land of the bombers from the last 20 years.
The same goes of Laverde. When we are in a position to replace a guy who will run through walls, I'm all for it. But we are so far from that club right now.
Go bombers. Hope Draper finds his mojo when we need it.
re: draper, one could make the argument that our developing mids will benefit more from an experienced ruck who’s playing solid footy.

Can't think of a worse team to play tall against. One thing Collingwood know how to do is run. Attacking from defence is what won them the premiership.

Sigh. The game is already lost if there's no forward pressure.

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Tsatas, Zerk-Thatcher, Setterfield, Perkins, Snelling, Bryan, Phillips, Weideman, Menzie, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Baldwin
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Duursma, Kelly, A. Davey, Draper, Wright, Goldstein, Caldwell, Gresham, Jones, Stringer

COLLINGWOOD OUTS: Adams, Markov, Ginnivan, McStay, Macrae
COLLINGWOOD INS: Schultz, Moore, N. Daicos, McCreery, Harrison

Good GOD those are some strong ins on both sides

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Tsatas, Zerk-Thatcher, Setterfield, Perkins, Snelling, Bryan, Phillips, Weideman, Menzie, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Baldwin
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Duursma, Kelly, A. Davey, Draper, Wright, Goldstein, Caldwell, Gresham, Jones, Stringer

COLLINGWOOD OUTS: Adams, Markov, Ginnivan, McStay, Macrae
COLLINGWOOD INS: Schultz, Moore, N. Daicos, McCreery, Harrison

Good GOD those are some strong ins on both sides
Wow that’s 11 changes from last time. I didn’t realise it was that many.

If wright brings zero pressure in the forward line and press (like he often does) we are in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back