Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part about all of this is we've reminded Carlton what it takes to be a Premiership team, and they simply don't have the mental fortitude or talent to pull it off.

Carlton supporters were obviously gutted by us winning it last year, but they always comforted themselves with the prospect that they were near certainties of winning the flag in 2024 and they would be righting the wrongs of 2023. If they fail to win it this year, they'll be even more broken by what we did last year.

We have the monkey off the back now. This year is another free swing to go at it again, but Carlton has all the pressure in the world to deliver.

In one of the most exciting finishes ever, Luke Hodge’s commentary after the Daicos goal had all the excitement of a funeral. He was then campaigning for Pendlebury to be pinged for deliberate. Just like the GF commentary, so biased.
In fairness he was correct that should have been paid. Pendles knew exactly what he was doing. I do agree though Hodgey is the most deadpan commentator going around, but is it really worse than histrionics of BT and JB?

Just reading the Carlton board for research purposes and holy shit

They live on another planet lol

“Bottom 4 list”

“Carried by umps”

“Can’t win without the umps”

That’s rich from supporters of a side with a list that drops off a cliff after the top 6-8 that literally relies on favourable umpire treatment to get over the line

They even needed the rub of the green to control North lol

In fairness he was correct that should have been paid. Pendles knew exactly what he was doing. I do agree though Hodgey is the most deadpan commentator going around, but is it really worse than histrionics of BT and JB?
JB: “Aaaaewewwewwwwwwww”
BT: “and they score another”

Not really inspiring is it? Remember the old days?

DC: “And he bobs up like a cork in the ocean”

Just reading the Carlton board for research purposes and holy s**t

They live on another planet lol

“Bottom 4 list”

“Carried by umps”

“Can’t win without the umps”

That’s rich from supporters of a side with a list that drops off a cliff after the top 6-8 that literally relies on favourable umpire treatment to get over the line

They even needed the rub of the green to control North lol
The Carlton supporters meltdowns haven't disappointed :D

In one of the most exciting finishes ever, Luke Hodge’s commentary after the Daicos goal had all the excitement of a funeral. He was then campaigning for Pendlebury to be pinged for deliberate. Just like the GF commentary, so biased.
I got a real kick out of his almost wavering voice. Love how often we ruin his night

That’s fair, however I didn’t hear him constantly complaining when Elliott copped a high fend in our forward 50 or when there were two tackles in succession in the third inside our forward 50 and play was waved on.

For whatever reason, certain Hawthorn players from the 2010s era seem to really dislike us. Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis spring to mind.

What a win. That goal will be replayed for as long as Collingwood plays Carlton. To have a 21yo kid that says, nah, fu$k you Carlton, we should be 4 goals up, we are winning this and just rip it away from them. I mean, just sit back and enjoy the career of the best Pies player we will ever witness.

Also, Johnny Fn Noble, great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win, so enjoyable.

Could go on and on about the obvious ones like Naicos, but thought we were really well coached and structured as usual.

One thing I noticed at the ground is I believe Checkers was playing a decoy / sacrificial role to keep Weitering out of the game. The deepest forward was always a small (often Elliott) and we kept the ball low. Weitering didnt have the influence he has had usually.

Yep, even though Umpire Stephens did his best (two 50 metre penalties in the first half), even he would have had treouble penalising #SaintScott where he kicks it 60 metres. Brilliant by Scott and sensible by Stephens.

The Carlton supporters meltdowns haven't disappointed :D

Poor delusional sods can't even bring themselves to say who they played in the title of the autopsy thread. Apparently 60k of the 88k were Calrton supporters too :)

Any fair minded neutral who watched that game would say Carlton were flattered by the end result.

Honestly, one of the best wins I've ever seen live.

I was sat in a heavy, heavy Carlton area. They were some of the rudest, most disgusting, vile supporters I've ever witnessed.

Was getting chirped all game by one miserable Blues fan sitting next to me. I had to restrain myself from giving him a serve.

Fair to say he went reaaallll quiet for the last few minutes. He put his head down and got out of there before the siren went.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back