Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

the simpsons GIF

Watching the replay and seriously Carlton don’t even play AFL

They play Rugby and somehow get away with it

Their “handball” stats are complete falsified records

The ground floor of the apartment block in which we live has 4 Collingwood supporters, 2 Carlton supporters, 3 Brisbane supporters and 2 Bulldogs. We have an agreement: scarves, caps teddy bears may be displayed after a win and up until the Thursday before a game. The situation tonight - first the Collingwood end Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 12.25.54 AM.png
and next, the Carlton end
Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 11.58.14 PM.png

Highlight from the commentators was Hodge crying that Pendles kick should have been pinged for deliberate. The Collingwood player nearly got to the ball before it went out of bounds ….and in fact would have got there except his opponent blocked his run at it presumably to try and draw that deliberate free.

Hodge is possibly the biggest whinger of all the commentators out there.

Highlight from the commentators was Hodge crying that Pendles kick should have been pinged for deliberate. The Collingwood player nearly got to the ball before it went out of bounds ….and in fact would have got there except his opponent blocked his run at it presumably to try and draw that deliberate free.

Hodge is possibly the biggest whinger of all the commentators out there.
He's still sooking about the advantage from the grannie

That’s fair, however I didn’t hear him constantly complaining when Elliott copped a high fend in our forward 50 or when there were two tackles in succession in the third inside our forward 50 and play was waved on.

For whatever reason, certain Hawthorn players from the 2010s era seem to really dislike us. Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis spring to mind.
Even one from the 80s/90s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fair, however I didn’t hear him constantly complaining when Elliott copped a high fend in our forward 50 or when there were two tackles in succession in the third inside our forward 50 and play was waved on.

For whatever reason, certain Hawthorn players from the 2010s era seem to really dislike us. Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis spring to mind.

Carlton too busy, basking in the glory of their April Premiership forgot that the Flag is won in September.
…… those nobodies are about to embark on their routine tailspin.
How glorious. 😄

Great win. Could have kicked straight to save me a heart attack, but geez Daicos is a gun.
He seems to be getting quicker by the week. I never saw his pace as a strength but by God he opens up a gap on his opponent very quickly. That arched back as he avoids a tackler before he takes off followed by that explosive break away is already an iconic idiosyncrasy of Nick Daicos. Can you believe he is ours?

He seems to be getting quicker by the week. I never saw his pace as a strength but by God he opens up a gap on his opponent very quickly. That arched back as he avoids a tackler before he takes off followed by that explosive break away is already an iconic idiosyncrasy of Nick Daicos. Can you believe he is ours?
I’m really pumped about the prospect of landing Bailey Sniff…. God, can you imagine a midfield of Nick, Josh, DeGoey, Sniff and McGuane?

Peter Daicos knows how to embarrass himself at times.
Bad call. He is a joy to watch. He loves his boys and he loves his club. None of this too cool for school crap from past players and legends who look like they'd rather be somewhere else much of the time. To see a legend of the game expressing pure elation and pride in his sons is a thing of beauty. I laughed every time the up yours gesture was shown.

Come on TGG. Do you really want to frown upon such infectious moments from a legendary Collingwood family?

Last edited:
Honestly, one of the best wins I've ever seen live.

I was sat in a heavy, heavy Carlton area. They were some of the rudest, most disgusting, vile supporters I've ever witnessed.

Was getting chirped all game by one miserable Blues fan sitting next to me. I had to restrain myself from giving him a serve.

Fair to say he went reaaallll quiet for the last few minutes. He put his head down and got out of there before the siren went.

They're the worst. After the siren tonight, a drunk Carlton fan grabbed my scarf and threw it down to the lower level. Lucky I have about 20 spare at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back