Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams do Ross Lyon spoke about teams putting work into Degoey owning the corridor.
Similarly Crisp has also had the handbrakes put on him.
Both were big reasons we moved it fast on turnover.

But on top of that is our application to do the 1% efforts that allow players who run forward to recieve the ball.
It breaks down quicker at the source we are then caught out the back on turnover.
Yeh - it is pretty apparent from watching the first 3 games that teams are denying us the corridor at all costs and are content for us to work the ball along the wings to 60m out. Meanwhile, they're flooding numbers back to clog up our forward 50 as they know that we like to chip a ball to Cox or Cameron 30m out.

The only theory I can come up with is slightly far fetched and likely not true...

What if we've been training pre-season style for longer with anticipation of dropping a couple of games, but hoping to finish off the season stronger than last year? I know we won the flag but you can say we limped through towards the end.

If only we had track watchers at each session to pick up on such thing 😂

Fundementals are hard when you're flat and unfit. We can't be unfit, can we? Do we have higher than usual loads against fit and fresh opposition? Or are the early 6 day breaks killing us more than we dare to believe?

That said last night we just didn't want contact and things like spoiling the ball into the hot spot... unforgivable.

That's a long "peaking" cycle from start of the year lol.

Usually that starts 4 or so weeks out from finals.

You lost me at Erin Phillips said… awful special comments person and brings nothing insightful to the table.
But as long as the Female representation percentage is right it’s all good.

What an ordinary take. Maybe step away from the keyboard for a spell.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was pretty disappointing to be honest.

Firstly though, I hope Wood is ok. Hate seeing guys go down like that. I also thought momentum was lost a bit right there too.

Secondly, while I find it disgusting that people hide behind their keyboards relentlessly bagging out young kids, I also thought Nick let himself down a couple of times. In all honesty though, that's actually ok as I think he's still developing physically and will work out those issues over time. He still offers so much which balances out those other things.

I was surprised Steele saw out the game. He would've been the 1st player I would've subbed out.

Love Scotty, but like Moore, IQ, Steele, and a few others, they're giving up too much of the ball to the opposition and it's ultimately costing us the game. I don't know what it is. It looks an easy fix, but is it?

I also feel for Mason Cox. Not his biggest fan, but any chance you could give him a ******* free kick for all the s**t he has to take?

Finally, Umpire #3 seemed to go out of his way to give St Kilda a leg up far more than the other 3. Just added to a frustrating night.
Umpire # 3 🤦🏼, ex Saints player Leigh Fisher ! ……….

It really is fascinating (and galling) that a team just coming off winning a flag are managing to look so timid, flustered, scattershot and completely devoid of confidence. I would have thought reaching the summit would have done the opposite.

Yup night and day to how the 2010/2011 team came out but then again that side was built to be a 2 or 3 flag side.

It was much more talented across all lines pound for pound.

Our current team was designed to pinch one. And it did. Was a great ride but all things end.

I'm more upset with the position the club keeps putting itself in at the trade table with F rnd 1 picks.

And This is on the club, within the last 3 to 4 years, we could have had a go at Hogan or Peter Wright for peanuts yet we end up with AJ and Mcinness trying to compliment Mihocek.

Hogan never would have come to a club with our high profile, but Wright would have if we hadn’t stuffed our cap.

The way we’ve played has been concerning, very concerning and you have to question club decisions, e.g letting two of our coaches split a gm of footy job seems insanity right now.

But feel like sometimes we need to step back. We won the flag last year, been in two grand finals, two prelims and a semi final in 6 years. Clubs don’t stay up this long, we’ve tried to win a flag and if all things fail we lose a top 10 pick this year due to a Schultz trade. Ah well

But also, we’ve played two sides many tip to be top 4, including the current premiership favourite. And another side many tipped to feature again. We need to win games that’s obvious without our first pick, still a long way to go before the sky is drastically falling.

Go enjoy your weekends brothers, won’t have any Collingwood ruining it for you

Shades of Harmes, Cameron & McCluggage.
View attachment 1935753
He’s a crook! That piece of s**t took every opportunity to blow the whistle for the smallest thing and our blokes especially Checkers were mauled at every entry and got nothing.
AFL needs to look at this! I have never blamed an umpire as the sole reason for a loss but that arsehole cost us big time last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Leppitsch and Bolton are coaches first and foremost. Their moves may provide some explanation for the disjointed nature of our play, particularly the lack of cohesiveness which has been on display for all to see.
are Leppa and Bolton in the coaches box on gameday and still active?

Look at the boundary umpires.About ten metres away and they didn’t see that the ball was way over the line.It makes you wonder,doesn’t it?
He’s a crook! That piece of s**t took every opportunity to blow the whistle for the smallest thing and our blokes especially Checkers were mauled at every entry and got nothing.
AFL needs to look at this! I have never blamed an umpire as the sole reason for a loss but that a-hole cost us big time last night.
Clearly last night was the best game EVER Leigh Fisher has played for StKilda ! close to BOG🤣😛 ……

Umpire # 3 🤦🏼, ex Saints player Leigh Fisher ! ……….

I did not see a lot of the game and I certainly can't single out one umpire, but what I did see was it seemed that your boys missed getting free kicks for infringements against them, while the saints were getting frees for fairly similar incidents. I would have been incensed if I'd been there and was a Pies supporter if I'd seen the same as I did on TV.

A 30-15 free count tends to support the notion that the Saints got the better deal from the umpires. A closer free kick count might not have made the difference, because what I have seen so far in the first 2 games, your boys are not yet properly switched on, but irrespective, I get very disappointed when I see such large discrepancies.

I'm not sure. Irrespective of whether they're in the box on gameday though, I wouldn't expect them to have much say in moves made during the game if they're not the coaches responsible for a particular area of the side, or be the ones on the track during the week running the drills etc.

You wouldn’t think so, it’s a stupid move and has affected the fortunes on the ground.
Big Successful business usually promote the big talkers and people who can influence others.
The people who are damn good at what they do on the ground usually find it tough to move up as management knows their value at a lower level.

what I did see was it seemed that your boys missed getting free kicks for infringements against them, while the saints were getting frees for fairly similar incidents. I would have been incensed if I'd been there and was a Pies supporter if I'd seen the same as I did on TV.
Crowd near me went past the incensed stage and it progressed to pies fans laughing, cheering and calling for the umps to pay free kicks to the saints. Essentially mocking the umps.

I’ve only seen this happen a few times previously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back