The SEN Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Dave from St Kilda is a tool. "Shane Warne had some breakfast and it was a poor turnout"

I want to know if he was actually there to count the number of people there. I was actually there and it was full. Over 1000 people including the AFL stars (Glenn Archer, Aaron Hamill, Adam Simpson), cricket stars and media personalities.

I turned off from the 23-25th it was horrible listening. I dont care about the AFL wrap-up year it was just a way of them doing their replays and getting as much out of their rights as possible. I would have much preferred a recap of the best interviews of the year.

It was the first time in a long time my clock radio wasnt on SEN.

God Dave from St Kilda is a tool. "Shane Warne had some breakfast and it was a poor turnout"

I want to know if he was actually there to count the number of people there. I was actually there and it was full. Over 1000 people including the AFL stars (Glenn Archer, Aaron Hamill, Adam Simpson), cricket stars and media personalities.

he's just a negative tosser

massive sad ****

Hey Icemen your favourite Sen personality Phillips is hosting the Run Home , heard him a short time ago just after 6pm.

Phillips is actually pretty good .

He is hosting with another that I have never heard of who isnt that good a Peter someone who has a voice like a cartoon character , dumb sounding and nasally bit irritating and I have only heard him for a few minutes driving home before .

Great to see Phillips hosting the run home.

Hopefully he can continue to do well. But what does that mean for All night sport?
Mark Franklin only hosting it?
Or will there be others?

-Ben

Brett's also doing 7-11pm....

Although whats coming up now: Interviewing Stephen J Peake (about himself).... I'm not sure he's going to make any sense since its not after midnight.

Hey Icemen your favourite Sen personality Phillips is hosting the Run Home , heard him a short time ago just after 6pm.

He is hosting with another that I have never heard of who isnt that good a Peter someone who has a voice like a cartoon character , dumb sounding and nasally bit irritating and I have only heard him for a few minutes driving home before .

That's Peter Mercarto, you can also hear him doing some things on Triple M at different times too.

i hope he is on at that time again friday and i will listen i dint hear him but wondered if he was on all night sport but mark franlin was on
i told you bp was really good better than tony shibeci how fake is the voice that tony shibeci puts on when he talks all the time like he thinks he has to speak like some w***er

Heard that tool Mark Allen yesterday saying he is supporting the Indians in the cricket due to the Aussie dominance. Then to top it off he didn't know the trophy the two countries are competing for!!:eek::eek:

Heard that tool Mark Allen yesterday saying he is supporting the Indians in the cricket due to the Aussie dominance. Then to top it off he didn't know the trophy the two countries are competing for!!:eek::eek:

He's not the only one.

Cricket bores me to death now because of Australia's dominance.
What Mark was saying is that he wants the Indians to win this test so cricket for the rest of the summer may become interesting again.

All radio presenters put on a voice. Which is good to see it is much nicer to hear a deep voice on radio....
How do you know what Tony's real voice sounds like anyway???

It has also been great to hear Matt Granland and Richardson doing breakfast radio. They have been very impressive! I have really enjoyed their efforts - much better than the regular team who are just OK.

Hopefully those two can knock the current ones off one day!

-Ben

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All radio presenters put on a voice. Which is good to see it is much nicer to hear a deep voice on radio....

It has also been great to hear Matt Granland and Richardson doing breakfast radio. They have been very impressive! I have really enjoyed their efforts - much better than the regular team who are just OK.

-Ben
:eek: No!!....You leave Billy and Tim alone!! Blasphemy!!..(you can have Andy tho)...others are good, as fill-ins for MG...hope they get more work on station elsewhere.......In response to other poster, I'm also well over the cricket.....boring!!..

Totally agree. The MG is so tired. Just listened to Peake and Salisbury sit in with Matt Thompson. they are both interesting and funny. I enjoyed them arguing about MMA and its merits as a sport. I am beginning think most of the talent on SEN are the guys in the fringe shows, gladiators, born in the usa, on the rise, etc.

Moz

-Ben

Yes, I agree with you about all three of those shows....they are the best, particularly B in USA....and by the way, I cant remember SEN being so bad as it is now with repeats etc other years this time of year...or have I forgotten cos I just didnt listen?..

He is a golf expert nothing more nothing less what do you expect
Notice he is not filling in these days on the Morning Glory or any other shows .
Not knowing things like the Border Gavasker trophy shows a thin knowledge of sport .......looks get you on tv but they dont help you on the radio .
Wonder if he hopes Tiger Woods loses each week ,

Why then does the station keep serving up tired shows like MG and throwing Matt Thompson or others out to sit in when they have so many other talented people? What are management listening to?

Yes, I agree with you about all three of those shows....they are the best, particularly B in USA....and by the way, I cant remember SEN being so bad as it is now with repeats etc other years this time of year...or have I forgotten cos I just didnt listen?..

He is a golf expert nothing more nothing less what do you expect
Notice he is not filling in these days on the Morning Glory or any other shows .
Not knowing things like the Border Gavasker trophy shows a thin knowledge of sport .......looks get you on tv but they dont help you on the radio .
Wonder if he hopes Tiger Woods loses each week ,

Mark Allen's knowledge of general sport would be miles ahead of Brownless's.

Totally agree. The MG is so tired. Just listened to Peake and Salisbury sit in with Matt Thompson. they are both interesting and funny. I enjoyed them arguing about MMA and its merits as a sport. I am beginning think most of the talent on SEN are the guys in the fringe shows, gladiators, born in the usa, on the rise, etc.

Moz

who was for/against mma?

mark allen in a gun, i was pissing myself when he did the interview with the tennis player last night and then when he butchered that live ad it was hilarious

people who are expecting him and the other part timers to have full knowledge on sport are kidding themselves, its guys like the ox, watson, bornwless etc who do it FULL TIME and still have nfi that are rubbish

Peaky for and Salisbury against.

who was for/against mma?

mark allen in a gun, i was pissing myself when he did the interview with the tennis player last night and then when he butchered that live ad it was hilarious

people who are expecting him and the other part timers to have full knowledge on sport are kidding themselves, its guys like the ox, watson, bornwless etc who do it FULL TIME and still have nfi that are rubbish[/quote]

Yeah, I have to agree with you on Allen. He's pretty funny. Listening to him with Salisbury and Harf this afternoon, I realised how funny he is. Between marko and steve, you have a comedy hour.

who was for/against mma?

people who are expecting him and the other part timers to have full knowledge on sport are kidding themselves, its guys like the ox, watson, bornwless etc who do it FULL TIME and still have nfi that are rubbish[/quote]

I can't believe some of the negative crap I read on this forum. I have been reading your posts now for over a year and finally felt compelled to finally come here and try to set a few of you straight. First of all it's Christmas and people who work take holidays,(take note some of you, this will happen when you get a job). All radio stations have their B teams on and it is their time to shine, but they know where they stand. It's 4 weeks on then back to the regulars, no ratings so nothing special in the programing. Also could be cost restrictive reason as to why they don't use big names in the summer. All Radio stations now days only care about money and ratings nothing else, and currently SEN is making money and are enjoying their best ratings ever so why would they change, (if it ain't broke...). Also I read some of you taking about replacing regular on air people with others. Has it not occurred to you that the non regular weekday staff may already have jobs that they are happy with. Why can't people be happy with what they have and just enjoy the Radio Station. I am happy to answer any questions that you might have about any radio station as I am an insider from the industry who does know.

hope that w***er mark johnson hasnot stopped all night sport again.
bp said he wasnt going to be on christmas day that was okay but when i turned on this morning it was just tony shibeci talking about the afl rd after rd . anyone know why it wasnt on if all night sport is back tonight.
like a nightmare hearing shibeci talk for so long everytime i checked back to see if bp or even mark franklin were on but i gave up and went to bed .

Did it not occur to you that it was Christmas night and nobody wanted to work. How stupid are you. Why would you not have a go at Brett Phillips or Mark Franklin for wanting to spend time with their family on Christmas Eve and Morning. Why would you have a go at the program director for not being able to find someone to work on Christmas Day. I can tell you there will probably be nobody on New Years eve either. Unlike you, people have a thing called family that they would like to spend sometime with on special occasions. Here's to a happy 2008 to you and your trans sorry radio..

I can't believe some of the negative crap I read on this forum. I have been reading your posts now for over a year and finally felt compelled to finally come here and try to set a few of you straight. First of all it's Christmas and people who work take holidays,(take note some of you, this will happen when you get a job). All radio stations have their B teams on and it is their time to shine, but they know where they stand. It's 4 weeks on then back to the regulars, no ratings so nothing special in the programing. Also could be cost restrictive reason as to why they don't use big names in the summer. All Radio stations now days only care about money and ratings nothing else, and currently SEN is making money and are enjoying their best ratings ever so why would they change, (if it ain't broke...). Also I read some of you taking about replacing regular on air people with others. Has it not occurred to you that the non regular weekday staff may already have jobs that they are happy with. Why can't people be happy with what they have and just enjoy the Radio Station. I am happy to answer any questions that you might have about any radio station as I am an insider from the industry who does know.

Radio Insider, do you reckon there is ratings and money to be made from cricket broadcasts? Channel 9 and the ABC have had the cricket all to themselves and as you have mentioned no body gives a stuff during summer to put anything half decent on tv.

What if one commercial radio station radio station (SEN) started doing the cricket more often, maybe this could be a money spinner like the footy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back