Ins & Outs Rd 5 vs North Melbourne - No change

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Brown is an automatic replacement for Keeffe at the moment.

Done nothing to deserve his spot just in there because Brown got injured
Where do you get this stuff from Blaze?

He may have been lucky to come into the side because of Brown's injury but he has performed well since being in. He comprehensively destroyed Vickery to the point where that guy has now been dropped to the twos.

I don't think he's had a goal kicked on him since being back in. Give him a break mate.

Not an automatic replacement. Keeffes preseason form might have been ordinary but its on the improve now.

Yep. Keeffe deserves his spot. Remember his opponent was Vickery last week and Keeffey destroyed him that much Vickery was unceremoniously dumped from the team! Hopefully he can do the same to whoever he plays at North.

I think people are looking too far into the Adams dilemma.

Adams got himself suspended at the wrong time, just when the side was starting to get settled. If he hadn't done that, he'd probably be getting picked, and Blair and JT would be fighting for a spot.

Adams not getting picked is not an indication of his talent, rather the overall form of the team.

He needs to now wait until a spot opens for him, when in reality if he hadn't been so careless in the first place, his spot in the team would be safe.

As it stands now, he is in competition with BenKen, and Sammy Dwyer when eventually a spot does open up.

Why aren't people more upset that Brown wasn't automatically picked? Because they understand there isn't a spot in the 22 right now. Frost and Keefe are playing good enough to deserve the spot they have, rather than being dropped through no fault of their own.

It's the same with Adams. Ball, JT, and Blair all did enough last week to keep their spots.

Agreed about Young. I feel like the Seed is a younger, tougher and faster version of Young. Still a bit raw, but I would have him in over Young in the same role.

Young has been fantastic and is getting better each week. He is as hard as any player out there has to be. His tackling has been excellent.He has broken the lines with his run and long kicks. I like Seed too, but why do you feel the need to disparage another good player?

Adams was in most preseason posts as best 22. Isnt that enough for Bucks? Evidently there's problems between the two. This might be the start of a downhill slide. I foresee a rush to the exit by a lot of players at the end of this year if we dont get the selections back on track.

I wonder if we will ever play a 3 tall backline, quite a few other clubs do.

I'd imagine it would only happen if the opposition set up demanded it.

Just off the top of my head if the bombers had all of Ryder, Bellchambers, Carlisle and Daniher playing then it'd be likely we'd go with the 3 talls down back. All 4 are very strong overhead.

I can't believe we are actually favourites going into this game.

It's not surprising. Our form is pretty good. I think it's pretty much a 50-50 game.

These are the games we dropped last year and is why we finished 8th. Knock off North Melbourne and Essendon and our season really starts to open up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langdon is 19years old and only played 4 afl games. He needs to be given a chance to get some experience in playing in big games on afl quality opponents and this only comes from playing AFL. At the moment he is holding his own, his made a few mistakes but he shouldn't be crucified for them. Give him time and experience and we may see him as an improvement on Heath.

He needs to stay in the team for as long as possible or until he becomes a liability and at the moment he is doing what the team requires of him. Give him a chance.

The fact we have Kennedy, Adams, Brown and Dwyer lining up in the reserves is a HUGE positive.

The boys in the team are performing and as it stands we have quality players missing out, exactly how it was in 2010/11...

Langdon is 19years old and only played 4 afl games. He needs to be given a chance to get some experience in playing in big games on afl quality opponents and this only comes from playing AFL. At the moment he is holding his own, his made a few mistakes but he shouldn't be crucified for them. Give him time and experience and we may see him as an improvement on Heath.

He needs to stay in the team for as long as possible or until he becomes a liability and at the moment he is doing what the team requires of him. Give him a chance.

I agree that we should give Langdon a chance in the seniors, he hasn't done a lot wrong with only four games of exposure. However, the bolded part above is a massive stretch at best and an absolute pipe dream at worst. Heath Shaw is a proven defender over many seasons and was a general in the backline. He constantly tore the opposition apart with his run and carry from defence and creating many scoring opportunities for the Pies.

Langdon is a long, long way from being considered to be anything near Shaw's career for the Pies thus far. So to suggest he may be an improvement on Shaw in good time after only four games is extremely premature. Obviously time will tell, but the Pies would be very fortunate indeed if Langdon reaches anywhere near the heights of Shaw.

But I did address the argument. I said I expected him to be best 22 and he is not. What more can I say? I'd prefer that he was a bit taller and quicker, as well as a better kick of the football, but if he was a walk up start in the 22, I could perhaps overlook those inadequacies.

Adams is a grunt midfielder. Height is almost irrelevant in this position.

The problem is that we never made a concrete decision about who was in the best 22. Sure there was a lot of lists and choices but there was no final list. Now we dont know definitively who is in our best 22. I'm worried sick about all this. I think the lack of a list is causing the match committee to take a conservative approach. Maybe we should start using coin tosses to determine ins and outs....

Reid, Adams, Brown, Kennedy and Dwyer- all arguably best 22 players.

Depth has been tested so far this season and we have broken even, albeit not convincingly.

Keeffe hasn't got much of the footy, but he's stopped his man and been very tidy with the footy. Basically, he's stopped his man as effectively as Brown would have and used the footy better. I think that Brown is in direct competition with Frost not Keeffe. WE can't really afford to have Brown, Frost and Toovey all in the same defence, because they are all a bit dodgy with the footy in hand.

Reid, Adams, Brown, Kennedy and Dwyer- all arguably best 22 players.

Depth has been tested so far this season and we have broken even, albeit not convincingly.
We belted Richmond and if we had kicked straight would have comfortably beaten Sydney too. Then we were a whisker away from beating Geelong too in a game most experts didn't think we had a chance.

How is that unconvincing?

I agree. Brown should be in.

Where do you get this stuff from Blaze?

He may have been lucky to come into the side because of Brown's injury but he has performed well since being in. He comprehensively destroyed Vickery to the point where that guy has now been dropped to the twos.

I don't think he's had a goal kicked on him since being back in. Give him a break mate.

Meh, at the moment I would have Brown comfortably ahead of him.

Beating Vickery in a half of footy is not as great as you make it sound, Vickery is a massive spud and was dropped for not giving even a minimal amount of effort, in conditions hard for tall forwards as well.

For memory Keeffe was okay at best against Geelong and both games is averaging a measly 7 possessions. I want to see him lift, as do the coaches I'm sure. He would still be playing VFL if not for some luck. I wouldn't say Keeffe has been terrible but Brown deserves to play ahead of him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back