D1 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gents,

I have been trying to have a good look at this league of late, I have compiled a list of my tips for the race to the Coleman.

1: C. Bannister (Therry)
2: C. Ryan (NOBS)
3: J. Bannister (Therry)
4: S. Donald ( Yarra Valley)
5: D. Brown (Mentonians)

Going to be a close race and a strong showing from the Bannister boys is going to be very difficult to compete with.

Best of luck to all.

Kind regards,

Keith W.

Grizzle I've certainly changed my tune on the High they were really competitive on Saturday, very fit and some superstars in their lot! With all of this rain I reckon they'll really worry Therry!!

OG's v NOBS - Good start to the year by NOBS will be too good for OG's
Willy v Whitevale - Draw plenty of history of close games and the rain will see them even at siren time
MHS v Therry - Therry still in party mode, MHS strong and hard working will take the Chockies
Prahan v BT - Two Blues to bounce back after the long haul to ballarat last week
YV v OM - Bushrangers to just out klast the Panthers

You were right about Therry in party mode.

1402d1.jpg

I think the top for will look like this:

Williamstown
Therry
Yarra
Prahran

Bulleen will be close as well.

I think the top for will look like this:

Williamstown
Therry
Yarra
Prahran

Bulleen will be close as well.

Willy
Therry
Prahran (Not as bad as Rd 1 result)

(gap)

Bulleen (6 goals off Prahran)
Yarra
Old Geelong (Not as bad as Rd 1 result)
Old Mentonians

(gap)

Whitefriars
NOBS
MHS

Was no42 for the willy twos last week josh Lawson? The dude in anchor man 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Willimastown and Therry are the two early contenders, round 4 at Therry should be great encounter.

Scribe no comment on the umpires or the game against williamstown. From the score looks like Williamstown blew the game beyond doubt.

Looks like Willimastown and Therry are the two early contenders, round 4 at Therry should be great encounter.

Scribe no comment on the umpires or the game against williamstown. From the score looks like Williamstown blew the game beyond doubt.

Pretty close :thumbsu:

Round 3
OG's at home
Williamstown at the Fearon
Prahran in close one
NOB's
Therry too strong for the Friar's

Good luck to all.

OLD GEELONG v Yarra Valley - The Bushrangers won't know what hit em
WILLIAMSTOWN v Melbourne High - MHSOB is s**t.
Old Mentonians v PRAHRAN - Prahran third best team in comp.
BULLEEN TEMP v Nobs - The knobs can expect to be circumcised here.
Whitefriars v THERRY PENOLA - Bannisters will kick 64 goals between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terribly scrappy game down at the Fearon today.
Well done to MHSOB, they had a real crack, and may trouble some teams this year, especially at home.

Looking forward to The Scribe's assessment, now having played Therry Penola and Williamstown in the last two weeks.

Therry Penola have done just what you need to do when coming up a grade - kept their list intact and recruited 4 to 5 extra senior players to ensure they will be top 4 in September.

I doubt any defence in D1 can keep their 3 key talls quiet. We were pretty happy keeping them to 9 goals for the day! Willy were great in their midfield but were missing Ben Gray up front. I reckon right now (importantly) Therry are a tad stronger in attack and defence, but I would give Willy the edge onball.

Should be a ball tearer at Oak Park this Saturday, with home ground advantage tipping the TP boys into favouritism.

Therry by 11 points with Willy coming home with a wet sail to scare the bejesus out of them!

Saturday 3 May
Summary
rain.png

Min 7
Max 14
Rain at times.
Melbourne area
Cloudy. Areas of rain. The chance of thunderstorms in the late morning and afternoon with possible hail. Winds southwesterly 30 to 45 km/h.

This weather will should favour Willy in the match of the round against therry as they are used to playing in terrible conditions.

Round 4
Winter upon us.
NOBs by 12pts
Whitefriars @ home 15pts
TP in a close one 6pts
MHSOB by 18pts pushed Willy last week
Prahan@ home by24pts

Saturday 3 May
Summary
rain.png

Min 7
Max 14
Rain at times.
Melbourne area
Cloudy. Areas of rain. The chance of thunderstorms in the late morning and afternoon with possible hail. Winds southwesterly 30 to 45 km/h.

This weather will should favour Willy in the match of the round against therry as they are used to playing in terrible conditions.
Are you serious? You have never been out here then. An absolute pit when it rains. No team more used to these conditions than Therry. Another 4pts.

You have to feel sorry for the mentone players. So much talent, so poorly coached.

Putting 3 men back in the reserves game was the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen. Especially considering they were 10 goals down at the time.

To follow that up their twos coach was running messages through their trainer, which is against vafa rules, then entered into a verbal dispute with the crowd and screamed expletives in front of both women and children.

I for one will not be bringing my son to the away game against mentone in fear of him picking up the disgusting language and unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Their ones put up a much better fight but ultimately did not show the heart or desire of a team that wants to ever leave d1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braved the weather yesterday to watch match of the round. d1 finalist v d2 premiers.
In short TP are the real deal, much has been highlighted about the brothers up forward. There success is only coming through the service of the half backs and midfield who continually supply good football to #3. His conversion on a horrible day was excellent. They are a more mature bodied team.

Williamstown appeared to be younger and not as physically strong as TP. They had enough ball through the game and probably ran the ball better than TP, they let themselves down not hitting targets. They also struggled inside 50 to convert and keep any sort pressure to keep the ball inside 50.

Best players
TP - 3, 13, 17, 2, 15, 21
Williamstown - 20, 16, 24, 56, 13, 7

Not sure on how both teams are for injuries and players missing, should certainly pencil TP into a GF spot, Williamstown hope they had some outs, if not they have some work to do if they believe they can compete for 4 quarters and challenge.

Season showing home ground advantage playing a big part in wins each week. Nob's, Prahan and Og's will push for the other 3 finals spots.

Braved the weather yesterday to watch match of the round. d1 finalist v d2 premiers.
In short TP are the real deal, much has been highlighted about the brothers up forward. There success is only coming through the service of the half backs and midfield who continually supply good football to #3. His conversion on a horrible day was excellent. They are a more mature bodied team.

Williamstown appeared to be younger and not as physically strong as TP. They had enough ball through the game and probably ran the ball better than TP, they let themselves down not hitting targets. They also struggled inside 50 to convert and keep any sort pressure to keep the ball inside 50.

Best players
TP - 3, 13, 17, 2, 15, 21
Williamstown - 20, 16, 24, 56, 13, 7

Not sure on how both teams are for injuries and players missing, should certainly pencil TP into a GF spot, Williamstown hope they had some outs, if not they have some work to do if they believe they can compete for 4 quarters and challenge.

Season showing home ground advantage playing a big part in wins each week. Nob's, Prahan and Og's will push for the other 3 finals spots.

Kidding if you don't think Whitefriars are a chance. Their two losses were against Willy and TP, only lost to TP by 20-odd points. Easier run to come.

Other four will struggle:

Hard to see Bulleen make it - have lost to Prahran, NOBS and MHS, and yet to play Willy, TP and Whitefriars.

MHS is rubbish. The fact they beat the Ants, shows Bulleen aren't much chop either.

Old Mentonians and Yarra Valley have a long way to come back from 1-3. Neither have played TP yet, and YV still to play Willy. Hard to see them win away from home.

Quick ladder re-assessment:

Therry
Willy
Prahran
Whitefriars
Old Geelong
NOBS
Yarra
Old Mentonians
Bulleen
MHS

A lot of clubs can't be written off just yet. Only need to look at last year where Ormond were 2-4 after 6 rounds. Now running around in C Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back