D1 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he said.

As for hecklers, haven't had many over the years, but unless they say something that warrants a response (which would have a touch of sarcasm and/or humour), I'd probably ignore them.

Fortunately, I'm not coaching at 9.30pm on a Sunday night next year. :)[/quot

I would have thought you would like these types of rumors gathering momentum....especially if they weren't true.
I admire you for not using a fake account but I'm not sure the club or players would think it was wise for the senior coach getting on social media and calling people flogs for their opinion - even if it is way off the mark.
Good luck next year - you deserve your shot....

What he said.

As for hecklers, haven't had many over the years, but unless they say something that warrants a response (which would have a touch of sarcasm and/or humour), I'd probably ignore them.

Fortunately, I'm not coaching at 9.30pm on a Sunday night next year. :)

More concern is trying to hold back from umpires trying to screw you every week, very poor standard at times in D1

Have OGFC had their lease renewed at Como yet? I assume there will be a lot of clubs sniffing around.

Have OGFC had their lease renewed at Como yet? I assume there will be a lot of clubs sniffing around.

I believe that Stonnington ground applications are not due until early January as is the case every year, so we will be advised in due course I suspect.

My Predicted Ladder.

Williamstown
North Old Boys St Pats
Prahran-Assumption
Bulleen-Templestowe

Old Geelong
Therry Penola
Old Mentonians
Whitefriars
Yarra Valley
MHSOB

My Predicted Ladder.

Williamstown
North Old Boys St Pats
Prahran-Assumption
Bulleen-Templestowe

Old Geelong
Therry Penola
Old Mentonians
Whitefriars
Yarra Valley
MHSOB
Kindly cease and desist this downplaying the Friars 2014 prospects.:) Definite serious flag contenders - at this stage.

Nobody gives Therry or Yarra much of a chance this season do they? Prahran did very well coming up last year why couldn't either of those sides?

Kindly cease and desist this downplaying the Friars 2014 prospects.:) Definite serious flag contenders - at this stage.

I don't see how you can call Whitefriars flag contenders just yet, as previous posts have pointed out they have been one of the longest sides to remain in Division 1, which means that they are yet to really prove themselves in this division. Last year showed that when they had the opportunity to make finals and maybe give the top sides a shake, they choked under the pressure which saw them drop a very important game at home (which is quite rare for Whitefriars,) and therefore knocked themselves out of the finals race all together. Next season may be different, but i will not change my opinion of them until they begin to show something in this division.

I don't see how you can call Whitefriars flag contenders just yet, as previous posts have pointed out they have been one of the longest sides to remain in Division 1, which means that they are yet to really prove themselves in this division. Last year showed that when they had the opportunity to make finals and maybe give the top sides a shake, they choked under the pressure which saw them drop a very important game at home (which is quite rare for Whitefriars,) and therefore knocked themselves out of the finals race all together. Next season may be different, but i will not change my opinion of them until they begin to show something in this division.
There was a large dose of frivolity in my post. The reason for the small font at the end. Truth is, we're all crystal ball gazing.

So now that the likes of fletcher, corp, robbins, martinov etc, are out of the D1 competition who do we think will be the players to look out for in 2014?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now that the likes of fletcher, corp, robbins, martinov etc, are out of the D1 competition who do we think will be the players to look out for in 2014?

Hamblin is the 1 name that will take D1 by storm in 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamblin is the 1 name that will take D1 by storm in 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From where I've been standing, this kid's work rate is great.

Still needs to take the Friars warmup by storm first before setting his sights on the competition as a whole. ;)

Apparently Prahran Assumption have had ex AFL/VFL player Jarrad "Stelloochi" Stella training with them can anyone confirm or deny this rumour? Would be a huge pick up if true!

Geez things are quiet around here... Any news on anyone doing anything at all? I'll get the ball rolling with a juicy piece of info that's sure to incite some discussion.
Willy CYs are set to run out in a different strip in 2014. The disgraceful looking seagull on the front is gone and they have decided to align with the junior and VFL sides in donning the traditional royal blue with a gold sash. They have also designed a clash strip that may be worn for all away games but a decision has not been finalised at this stage.

In non fashion news (not that any of you will care) we are averaging over 50 seniors and close to 40 juniors at training. Obviously it's impossible to tell at this stage how we will fare but from the inside we certainly feel we have improved on last year and harbour strong hopes for the season ahead. Intra club this weekend has plenty of lads excited. FOOTYS ALMOST BACK!!!
TJ out

I think Williamstown should definitely walk into the season as favourites...

A quick peruse of social media and club websites suggests that the Cy's are getting the best number's on the track. Add that to the huge numbers of players coming across from the WRFL on the clearances page and things are looking good.

Prahran and Whitefriars to challenge them at this stage...

The WRFL clearances can be misleading as a majority of those are from Williamstown juniors u16s who play in the WRFL and are moving to play 18s at CYs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back