Old Mentonians
Whitefriars

NOBS
Old Geelong
Therry Penola
MHSOB
Bulleen
Yarra Valley

Pretty amazing that Whitefriars and Old Mentonians have been in the same division for so long! Whitefriars 8? years and Old Mentonians 10+. Probably hasn't happened anywhere else except A-Grade.

Friars only 5, next year will be our 6th straight in Div 1.

Prior to that it was A (2004), B (2005/06) and C (2007/08).

New coach at Whitefriars. Much known about him?;)
11jx0rd.jpg

Why do people always have Mentone up there? They have been in D1 for 11 years and never looked like going up.

Will be interesting to see how close the competition is next year! obviously a very even league this year, but with the dominant side for the year Hampton, going up and also Ormond who were not as dominant but still very hard to beat going up also, should be very interesting.
Expecting Williamstown to have another successful year next year, given that they are a very young side and can only get better. Also look out for Old Mentonians next year, riddled with injurys this year, who knows what they can do if they can manage to keep there guns on the track.
Any comments about the teams coming up, Yarra Valley and Therry Penola? Don't know alot about these clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting Whitefriars to finish in the bottom four next year, the way they finished last season shows they maybe are on the slide, also seems like their playing list is quite old, got that from watching their slow ball movement last season! Williamstown also didn't look convincing at all come finals time, do they buckle under the pressure?
Predicting Old Geelong to come back with vengeance, a top 2 finish for them!
Bit of a cop out to say that injuries cost Old Mentonians last year, its part of footy and really tests their playing list depth, not expecting anything different from them next year!
Ladder Prediction 2014:
Old Geelong
NOBS
Williamstown
Prahran
Bulleen Templestowe
MHSOB
Old Mentonians
Therry Penola
Whitefriars
Yarra Valley

Expecting Whitefriars to finish in the bottom four next year, the way they finished last season shows they maybe are on the slide, also seems like their playing list is quite old, got that from watching their slow ball movement last season! Williamstown also didn't look convincing at all come finals time, do they buckle under the pressure?
Predicting Old Geelong to come back with vengeance, a top 2 finish for them!
Bit of a cop out to say that injuries cost Old Mentonians last year, its part of footy and really tests their playing list depth, not expecting anything different from them next year!
Ladder Prediction 2014:
Old Geelong
NOBS
Williamstown
Prahran
Bulleen Templestowe
MHSOB
Old Mentonians
Therry Penola
Whitefriars
Yarra Valley

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, well informed or otherwise, but consider this one bookmarked for future reference.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, well informed or otherwise, but consider this one bookmarked for future reference.

I question their mental strength, looking at their results last season, every time they were challenged they rolled over, I also have it on good authority that Daniel Hogan is set to sign with EDFL power house Airport West on good coin! This may really test their club culture and playing list depth.

I question their mental strength, looking at their results last season, every time they were challenged they rolled over, I also have it on good authority that Daniel Hogan is set to sign with EDFL power house Airport West on good coin! This may really test their club culture and playing list depth.

Ok - now I can officially take you with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the "good oil" on our 2013 VC who has already been instrumental in bringing 3 new recruits to the club he is about to walk out on.

Hilarious!

Nice try ;)

Ok - now I can officially take you with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the "good oil" on our 2013 VC who has already been instrumental in bringing 3 new recruits to the club he is about to walk out on.

Hilarious!

Nice try ;)

This is fantastic....a senior coach confronting rumors on Bigfooty.
What will he do with hecklers from over the fence???

Why shouldn't he put the truth out there , instead of rumour mongering flogs on here

What he said.

As for hecklers, haven't had many over the years, but unless they say something that warrants a response (which would have a touch of sarcasm and/or humour), I'd probably ignore them.

Fortunately, I'm not coaching at 9.30pm on a Sunday night next year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back