Thommo report

Remove this Banner Ad

How would it work if he took it to the tribunal?
No early plea, so it would be 80+60?
Or could the tribunal upgrade the charge and give him two weeks?
Surely if he is looking at 140 v 120 points it should be challenged.

Laughable, surely the mrp are taking the piss. Hey AD, you are damaging your own brand. Who will be in goal defence (GD) this week? Challenge this crap.
Cheers all.

Correct. The only thing we gain from pleading is 20 less carry over points.

If North challenge it and wins the carry over points will remain at 80
If not Scooter will get 1 week suspension and 140 carryover points

It was a dumb, frustrated action by Scotty. It cost a 50 and the resulting score.

But to get a 1 week suspension? lol I don't care that it was a reprimand that carry over points made it one week. The report itself was a joke. Sadly we have seen already this season, the MRP is absolutely broken. This is simply not the great game I grew up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should challenge it on principle. Who cares if we don't get him off. You can't accept BS decisions like this
Are u serious? He had no eyes for the ball. Made contact with a round-arm. Deserved a week for stupidity.
He cost us a goal and allowed Cloke to get his confidence up - the rest was history. If SDT went for the ball, I wonder how different his and Clokes games wouldve been?

Scotty Thompson is our best player, and his season has been superb. But yeah, a costly brain-fade.

I have just seen this.

I would fully support the team just standing in the field without engaging in any of the play.

There is no reality, except this completely ****ed one, where this action can get you a suspension.

Which leads to my next point, carry over points can go and get ****ed.

Each case should be judged on its merits. No previous action taken into account. Just like the legal system.

Are u serious? He had no eyes for the ball. Made contact with a round-arm. Deserved a week for stupidity.
He cost us a goal and allowed Cloke to get his confidence up - the rest was history. If SDT went for the ball, I wonder how different his and Clokes games wouldve been?

Scotty Thompson is our best player, and his season has been superb. But yeah, a costly brain-fade.
I know you are probably trolling but I'll respond anyway. I watched the incident live and my first thought was It was a soft 50. Free kick - sure. 50m penalty -if you're being generous... but reportable offense? Get the f*** out!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fremantle_FC coach Ross Lyon confirms club will accept one-match ban for Hayden Ballantyne for two separate offences in loss to Swans #AFL

Another perfect example of a player missing a game of footy over soft incidents.

The AFL players association needs to take a stand on the crap players are missing games of footy for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back