Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Much improved player - twin abilities of being able to effectively spoil a contest while also being able to run off an opponent and create.

Gets first crack at Curnow next week.

Thought he had his colours slightly lowered yesterday.
Just a few miskicks and spoils missed.

Was probably the best defender again but no one who played in our backline yesterday played well.

Last edited:
Thought he had his colour slightly lowered yesterday.
Just a few miskicks and spoils missed.

Was probably the best defender again but no one who played in our backline yesterday played well.
Pink and Corr - 4 one on one contests each, lost 3 each

Dawson - 2 one on one contests, didn’t lose either

Doesn’t count frees given away, but Dawson is doing ok

Kallan was good again yesterday

He's composed, competes and unlike a few around him, thinks his way through things for a guy with a handful of games under his belt.

A few good judges around here said he couldn't kick.

Not seeing that at all.
Well said one of the positives so far. Happy with his improvement

Really like him. Logue and the Dawsons should be where we are trying to head as the talls, with Chom keeping a seat warm until he returns to the forward line... unless he really is some Moore-esque freak, which I'm still skeptical about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said after the saints game, is now our best back man.

Made a few stuff ups yesterday when he dropped marks he should have taken (or punched).

But my god has he come along way. I remember in his first games, whilst rebounding well, he couldn’t defend one on one to save himself.

Now he’s capable one on one vs Charlie curnow.

Him and Logue are the future, with Wil Dawson from round 1 next year.

Made a few stuff ups yesterday when he dropped marks he should have taken (or punched).

But my god has he come along way. I remember in his first games, whilst rebounding well, he couldn’t defend one on one to save himself.

yeah and mpst on here not willing to give Pink a go after only 3 games

And this is why you don't chuck them in the ones before they are ready. Played good footy in the seconds learnt his craft and now delivering in the seniors.

Yep - it will be a very different looking back 6/7 in the last few rounds of this season and Round 1 of next season.

B Hardeman/Goater Logue K Dawson
HB Sheezal W Dawson Fisher

This will give us more pure defensive capability and (against bigs and smalls) without losing the run we have created. Will also allow McKercher to push to a wing with Bailey on the other wing.

From there we will be down to only having 3 holes in the side - (i) big bodied mid - Smillie, (ii) small forward ???and (iii) key position forward (which could be Comden/Finnbar depending how they progress this year).

"Was at training today and unfortunately Kallan Dawson rolled his ankle in match sim - he walked (limped) off but it had blown up already and was about half the size of a tennis ball, fingers crossed isn’t a bad one."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back