Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf Creek 2

It has some pretty extreme stuff in it that wouldn't have passed the PC censors a few years ago
Still felt more like a comedy then a Horror though. John Jarrets character was a crack up

Bit of a spoiler alert(dunno how use function) .......The scene where the truck was speeding down the hill and crashed was one of the coolest things on film I have seen in a while. No CGI, No shaky camera, No flicking between multiple camera shots 10 times a second, It was pure action awesome

7.5/10

Hadn't bothered with it due to very bad reviews here & elsewhere, but gave it a watch last night & have to say it wasn't all that bad...it also wasn't all that good, & your right that it is more comedy than horror & I did laugh a bit so it gets a pass. 5.5/10

& I suspect Tourism Australia would see Jarret as the anti Hoges;)

how bout dem car scenes ay.....
over-the-top.jpg

Ed Wood
8.5/10

The King is Dead (de Heer)
8/10

Blackmail (Hitchcock)
7/10

Cold Prey
6.5/10

Cold Prey 2
6/10

Young and Innocent (Hitchcock)
6.5/10

Jesus (1979) (rewatch)
8.5/10

Wake in Fright (rewatch)
10/10

The Hurt Locker (rewatch)
8/10

The Evil Dead 2
7/10

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
5.5/10

Scarface (De Palma) (rewatch)
7.5/10

Labor Day

Didn't mind this despite getting a little annoyed with the constant voice over, was well acted by all & maybe I was having a seniors moment while watching it, but the flashbacks did trick me a bit, cant really say more without a spoiler.

6.5/10

Nice got that one on my box ready to go. I think it was on ABC2 recently and I recorded it. :thumbsu:

Just a bit of warning that it is an unusual and unsettling first watch. But I think it gets richer every time you see it. I've seen it 4 or 5 times now, and now rate it as my favourite Australian film (even if part US-financed with some international cast & crew).

The Lone Ranger.

No it was not perfect and in parts it was down right awful... but it was an enjoyable late night flick to switch your brain off to. The train sequences were pretty good as well.

6/10

Death Sentence.

This is a James Wan non horror movie starring Kevin Bacon. It's a revenge flick in the mould of Death Wish. Has some great scenes and action but in the end is let down by severe implausability. Still, it was fun and I'd rate it a 6/10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

School holidays so it means a kids movie.

Mr Peabody and Sherman: 8 out of 10

You know what, it was actually very funny. The main premise is to entertain a bunch of kids for 90 minutes but the movie has plenty of jokes directed towards the adult audience. It was really funny, enjoyable and value for money. Plus, it kept the kids happy.

Anchorman 2: the legend continues: 6 out of 10

I don't know - a tad disappointing but has a few moments of laugh out loud humour but way too much WTF moments as well. Wasn't as good as the first, not many sequels are but it wasn't a waste of money to watch it as I downloaded it. Would have been pissed off if I watched this at the movies for $15.50.

Cold Prey
6.5/10

Cold Prey 2
6/10

Good to see Norwegian slasher movies follow all the clichés. Personally, I liked the second movie a little better.

Not sure if it's appropriate, a few people joked that these movies were about the band who sang "Yellow".

Labor Day

Didn't mind this despite getting a little annoyed with the constant voice over, was well acted by all & maybe I was having a seniors moment while watching it, but the flashbacks did trick me a bit, cant really say more without a spoiler.

6.5/10

No, it wasn't just you, I had the same problem when I saw this film.

Good to see Norwegian slasher movies follow all the clichés. Personally, I liked the second movie a little better.

Not sure if it's appropriate, a few people joked that these movies were about the band who sang "Yellow".

Haha yes, was a love letter to slasher tropes.

I found they were about equal, but I thought some of the third act choices in no.2 were a little ludicrous (by Cold Prey standards). I think both films mirror Alien/Aliens in many ways (except quality).

Lol, hadn't even thought about that.

gravity-film-poster.jpg

8/10. Had me on the edge of my seat on more than one occasion. I think sometimes it dragged on abit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back