No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was even the slightest doubt Caro is obsessed with James Hird prior to TF last night - none exists now.

It's gotten to her to the point she can't even mask her anger, and she is so frustrated he's not here she is trying to create stories about him in his absence :rolleyes:
He's making it all about him. By saying nothing, being 10k miles away and having absolutely no input in discussion, he's making it all about him.

See it's him, not the journos who are rinse and repeating with the articles.

Is it just me or does the sentence about the Fletcher article not make any sense?

The editors were the second group to go at Fairfax behind the Integrity Unit.

Yesterday's Age had the headline "kicks like a forward but kicks like a backman" when talking about Carlisle. :drunk:

Did I hear correctly KBartlett describing the "joint" ASADA/AFL investigation as a "co-endorsed" investigation? Weasel words from a weasel man. Is this the line ASADA are going to take in court?

Also when is Patrick Smith ever going to acknowledge that this "Ziggy" report he relies on so heavily in his argument, is an incomplete and manipulated paper produced as part of a manufactured outcome for the AFL? How many, or is it few people were interviewed at the time?

And we all knew (and I hope the club did too) that this heat from the usual suspects was always going to occur leading up to the return of Hird. I just hope someone at the club has a big scrap book and a tape recorder for all the commentary that has occurred. Saving it all up for another big day in court.
Most importantly - the Ziggy report about governance makes no comment on the culpability of the senior coach. It says the CEO should be accountable for the football department, after which, Robson resigns - Caro and I don't remember who else peddled that as being him taking the fall for Jim, ignoring Ziggy but still happy to use the "pharmacologically experimental" line.

Or is it in that part where the Ziggy report is bogus because he's a good old Essendon boy? Just like how our drugs seem to just reactivate when we win and we initiate cyborg mode?

Can people define exactly what Hird's 'return' means? I'm assuming it is a very broad term for his return to Australia, yes? Ok, let's look at how it could very well pan out....

So Hirdy may try and slip quietly back into Tullamarine after midnight. Emerging bleary-eyed from a full day on a plane, he'll immediately be set upon by flogs like Mitch Cleary shoving a mic in his face and ask him something like 'So James, will you return to coaching this season?' Hird, already thinking about his bed and looking forward to sleeping off some jet lag, will smile politely and make a basic comment like 'I'll sit down with the club and we'll discuss it then. Thanks guys.'

Cue the headline: 'HIRD REFUSES TO RULE OUT COACHING IN 2014'

This headline will be picked up by s**t morning programs on all channels, and Kochie will discuss it over footage of Hird at the airport, jumping into a van and being whisked away. He'll say that Hird should stay away and think of the players etc. FSN will run it all morning. Every footy-based program that day will give their two bob's worth on TV and radio, all stemming from the original headline that he 'REFUSES' to rule out coaching. That negative slant will be picked up on far more than anybody actually bothering to check that he simply said it'll be discussed with the club, which has been the stance maintained by Bomber, Little and anyone else associated with EFC these last few weeks.

Now though, Caro has her story. There is a lot of media being generated that is ('to my understanding') a distraction to the poor, innocent players on the verge of a finals campaign. Now will come the reminder of them being cruelly denied a finals appearance last season. The reason for all this? The reckless, irresponsible behaviour of the club during 2012, headed by the selfish, egotistic Hird. This is a man who, to this day, makes it all about himself, as evidenced by the current media storm.

So essentially, Hird will be smashed in the media (again) for daring to return to his country of birth and back to his own home. Whether he goes near the club in any official capacity is completely irrelevant, as the narrative will once again have been set against him. Now, none of this may happen this way, but I'd be willing to bet there will be elements of it that will.

TL;DR = Caro to blame Hird......again.
Not to mention if we are one and done in the finals it will be Hirds fault for coming back

The editors were the second group to go at Fairfax behind the Integrity Unit.

Yesterday's Age had the headline "kicks like a forward but kicks like a backman" when talking about Carlisle. :drunk:

Futurama-Episode-415-The-Farnsworth-Parabox.jpg

"Getting the brain out was the easy part. The hard part was getting the brain out."

Part of me hopes that ASADA try and go forth with Tb4 just for the comedic value that will ensue. They won't even prove it got to Essendon, let alone trying to establish that it was given to the players

Australia's richest woman, Gina Rinehart, is reportedly considering launching a takeover bid for Fairfax Media. Ms Rinehart owns almost 15 per cent of Fairfax and may launch a full takeover bid, The Australian reported on Monday. The multi-billionaire is reportedly disappointed with the performance of the company and the decline in value of its radio assets.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/gina...ax-takeover-20140721-zv69e.html#ixzz38ACXnCG9

I know what the first order of business should be..

Asset-stripping and shutting it down?

First thought that popped into my head, like the stay-puft marshmallow man, was girl on girl action between Caro and Gina.

I didn't want it there, god knows I don't want it there now - but it just 'popped' in there.

I'm sorry to everyone, because if I asked you to NOT think of elephants, what are you going to think of?

Yeah..... just let that marinate right in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just dusted off my trusty replica Fauxfacts Media-politics-and-sport-b/s-article-generator, plugged in a few words and figures, and this is what we came up with. Anyone want to tell me if we did it right?

WILSON UNLIKELY TO CONTINUE IN ROLE

Caboose Media staff writers - 22 July 2014

Fauxfacts Media's strange decision to delay its call on sacking sports gossip columnist, Carowhine Wilson, again smacks of kid glove treatment toward their increasingly irrelevant and disrespected employee.

The strong message coming even from Wilson's own senior colleagues is that she is the last person they want to be sitting anywhere near in their newsroom.

That the highly respected writer Rohan Connolly belled the cat on Wilson on Twitter on Monday (referring to her "parallel universe", observing that "she's (not) speaking for the paper" and saying that "Caro hates Hird just a bit more than last week") was ominous enough. But even more telling is the complete recent public silence from people who once supported her.

With fact increasingly continuing to supplant rumour and innuendo about the joint ASADA-AFL investigation of Essendon, Wilson has no longer been able to count on the blind loyalty of fellow football journalists and some of the sport's senior officials. Sources allege that the appearance of her series of increasingly delusional recent ravings about James Hird and his family and legal team are a direct result of her growing sense of personal isolation.

Fauxfacts' editorial team has refused to publicly clarify that Wilson has been reprimanded for her constant attempts to present her own opinions as having the unilateral support of her colleagues. But Caboose Media understands Wilson has been made strongly aware of the hostile internal sentiment that is increasingly enveloping her.

There has been speculation that Wilson may even need to return to working in The Age's mail room, opening the reducing numbers of envelopes being sent to a newspaper seen by many as in its death-throes.

Wilson maintained an impressive recent silence about Essendon and Hird while she escaped Melbourne for a gap week. Her focus rightly shifted to where it should - a family that we understand is increasingly worried about her mental health and stability and growing symptoms of an exotic obsessive-compulsive disorder.

But Wilson's subsequent return to her unhealthy personal pursuit of Hird has caused further distractions for the RealFooty team, which is privately worried about her ability to see out the season - particularly once the outstanding young coach triumphantly returns to work at Essendon in a mere matter of weeks.

The increasing development and maturity of Essendon's senior list, with so many of their new stars having been recruited and mentored by Hird personally, has been a difficult supplement for Wilson to swallow. The rejuvenation of the club since the axing of Matthew Knights, a personal favourite of Wilson's, and its record membership numbers have also been a source of considerable angst.

But a finals appearance, set against the return of Hird to the club to work closely alongside his longtime confidante and former premiership captain Mark Thompson, will undoubtedly fuel unprecedented rage. A premiership for the Bombers, overseen by two men who have remained extremely close friends despite the disgraceful and relentless personal attacks they have endured, would certainly be the final straw.

Gossip column writing is, of course, a moveable feast. But, after so many mistakes over so many years (including, perhaps most famously, her panicked and ill-advised attempts to play catch-up and desperately invent stories after she had completely missed the Wayne Carey-Kelli Stevens story, surely the biggest footballing gossip story of her generation), serious questions about Wilson's future and the governance of her newspaper are rightly being asked at the highest levels.

First thought that popped into my head, like the stay-puft marshmallow man, was girl on girl action between Caro and Gina.

I didn't want it there, god knows I don't want it there now - but it just 'popped' in there.

I'm sorry to everyone, because if I asked you to NOT think of elephants, what are you going to think of?

Yeah..... just let that marinate right in there.
164a5172be5d2b0427a29955494468dca1e71cce566cc7b3cd6a0ca0cf1a34be.jpg

Just dusted off my trusty replica Fauxfacts Media-politics-and-sport-b/s-article-generator, plugged in a few words and figures, and this is what we came up with. Anyone want to tell me if we did it right?

Fauxfacts Media's strange decision to delay its call on sacking sports gossip columnist, Carowhine Wilson, again smacks of kid glove treatment toward their increasingly irrelevant and disrespected employee.

The strong message coming even from Wilson's own senior colleagues is that she is the last person they want to be sitting anywhere near in their newsroom.

That the highly respected writer Rohan Connolly belled the cat on Wilson on Twitter on Monday (referring to her "parallel universe", observing that "she's (not) speaking for the paper" and saying that "Caro hates Hird just a bit more than last week") was ominous enough. But even more telling is the complete recent public silence from people who once supported her.

With fact increasingly continuing to supplant rumour and innuendo about the joint ASADA-AFL investigation of Essendon, Wilson has no longer been able to count on the blind loyalty of fellow football journalists and some of the sport's senior officials. Sources allege that the appearance of her series of increasingly delusional recent ravings about James Hird and his family and legal team are a direct result of her growing sense of personal isolation.

Fauxfacts' editorial team has refused to publicly clarify that Wilson has been reprimanded for her constant attempts to present her own opinions as having the unilateral support of her colleagues. But Caboose Media understands Wilson has been made strongly aware of the hostile internal sentiment that is increasingly enveloping her.

There has been speculation that Wilson may even need to return to working in The Age's mail room, opening the reducing numbers of envelopes being sent to a newspaper seen by many as in its death-throes.

Wilson maintained an impressive recent silence about Essendon and Hird while she escaped Melbourne for a gap week. Her focus rightly shifted to where it should - a family that we understand is increasingly worried about her mental health and stability and growing symptoms of an exotic obsessive-compulsive disorder.

But Wilson's subsequent return to her unhealthy personal pursuit of Hird has caused further distractions for the RealFooty team, which is privately worried about her ability to see out the season - particularly once the outstanding young coach triumphantly returns to work at Essendon in a mere matter of weeks.

The increasing development and maturity of Essendon's senior list, with so many of their new stars having been recruited and mentored by Hird personally, has been a difficult supplement for Wilson to swallow. The rejuvenation of the club since the axing of Matthew Knights, a personal favourite of Wilson's, and its record membership numbers have also been a source of considerable angst.

But a finals appearance, set against the return of Hird to the club to work closely alongside his longtime confidante and former premiership captain Mark Thompson, will undoubtedly fuel unprecedented rage. A premiership for the Bombers, overseen by two men who have remained extremely close friends despite the disgraceful and relentless personal attacks they have endured, would certainly be the final straw.

Gossip column writing is, of course, a moveable feast. But, after so many mistakes over so many years (including, perhaps most famously, her panicked and ill-advised attempts to play catch-up and desperately invent stories after she had completely missed the Wayne Carey-Kelli Stevens story, surely the biggest footballing gossip story of her generation), serious questions about Wilson's future and the governance of her newspaper are rightly being asked at the highest levels.
Yep.. yr doing it right!

I'm really really really started to be worried about the lack of public support for Wilson's position from the 'higher ups' at Fairfax... I mean they haven't announced she is definitely staying on as 'chief' footy writer next year... at all. Makes you think there is a lot of discontent right now.. lets hope the Wilson cult don't prolong the delusion that she is still relevant...

I simply must forward this to Fairfax, with your permission.

-snip-.

Do barrett next do barret next!!

Yep.. yr doing it right!

I'm really really really started to be worried about the lack of public support for Wilson's position from the 'higher ups' at Fairfax... I mean they haven't announced she is definitely staying on as 'chief' footy writer next year... at all. Makes you think there is a lot of discontent right now.. lets hope the Wilson cult don't prolong the delusion that she is still relevant...

Not to mention one of her colleagues publicly calling her out on multiple occasions, and seemingly not being given a smack on the wrist for it.

Not to mention one of her colleagues publicly calling her out on multiple occasions, and seemingly not being given a smack on the wrist for it.
Excellent point.. seems this is quite the distraction for the Fairfax team.. lots of discontent.. good pick up..

I guess we wait on the edge of our seats...

From BB.

Seems some evidence may be due to be handed over tomorrow.

Though, rines translate that that means for us a little.

Federal Court of Australia
District Registry: Victoria

Division: General

JAMES ALBERT HIRD

Applicant

THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE AUSTRALIAN SPORTS ANTI-DOPING AUTHORITY

Respondent

ORDER

REGISTRAR:

Registrar Caporale

DATE OF ORDER:

15 July 2014

WHERE MADE:

Melbourne

OTHER MATTERS:

1. The Australian Football League has delivered up copies of documents in digital form to the Court in compliance with the Subpoena to Produce Documents issued by the Applicant in VID328 of 2014 dated 4 July 2014 and directed to the Australian Football League (the Subpoena).
  2. The delivered up documents have been provided to the Court through a data room established by the AFL (the AFL Data Room), access to which has been granted to the Court and to the parties in each of proceeding VID327 of 2014 and VID328 of 2014. (the parties)
  3. The AFL has delivered up two versions of the agreement described in Category 7 of the Subpoena. The data room document identified as 50.07.01 is a redacted version of this document (the Redacted Agreement) and will be made available to the parties.
  4. The AFL has claimed common interest legal professional privilege in respect of Category 9 documents contained in the AFL Data Room and identified as documents 50.09.001.02 and 50.09.001.04 (the Privileged Documents).

THE COURT ORDERS THAT:

1. The hearing upon the return of the Subpoena to Produce Documents issued by the Applicant in VID328 of 2014 dated 4 July 2014 and directed to the Australian Football League (AFL) is adjourned to 4.15pm on Wednesday 23 July 2014.
  2. The application by a party in either proceeding seeking any uplift of documents falling within category 3 of the Subpoena is adjourned to 4.15pm on Wednesday 23 July 2014.
  3. The application by a party in either proceeding seeking any uplift of the Privileged Documents falling within category 9 of the Subpoena is adjourned to 4.15pm on Wednesday 23 July 2014.
  4. The application by a party in either proceeding seeking any uplift of any document falling within category 7 of the Subpoena, including the original version of the Redacted Document, is adjourned to 4.15pm on Wednesday 23 July 2014.
  5. The court grants access to the parties and their legal representatives to the remaining documents delivered up to the Court via the AFL Data Room.
  6. Costs reserved.

Date that entry is stamped:

I simply must forward this to Fairfax, with your permission.

Nah ... happy to just leave it localised, so that just the readers and users of this board - and/or anyone at the club - potentially gets a laugh out of it. No real need for it to go any further, as it's only EFC coaches, players, staff and supporters who really matter at the end of the day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back