Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the victim doesn't help you either. You made an incorrect post and asked if anyone disagrees so don't act surprised when they do.Those are the facts mate, if you can't handle them don't post in forums.

As for coona_blues suggesting I made a personal attack, it sure seems like he's still feeling the offended from Mitch Thorp not getting drafted by any team in the league last year. Let it go, it wasn't a decision made by the mods or the supposed clique on here to not draft him, stop acting like everyone is out to get you.

What the hell motivates individuals such as you to manipulate everything you do not approve of to some obscure agenda. We first crossed swords over the Thorp debate, yes. Myself and a few others saw him as an option, you and some of your mates depicted him as the anti Christ because he has an ego (like most of us...you obviously included). I have no qualms over him not being drafted by us or anyone else. While on subject I do get aggravated when some of you continue to attack his current form which is in fact very good. You (collectively) latch on to an individual to ridicule, and don't let go. Most of my Thorp posting was in response to the vilification you "arse clowns" (to use uncensored Thylacine vernacular) seem to think you are entitled to.

I have raised issues with the coach, while you of the group think continue to blame players. Interestingly if we were to identify the "love" for our players by the group think brigade, which surfaces after a decent performance, it totally flies in the face of the theory than MM is doing a great job, and it is the players' fault. If the players are so great individually in the mob opinion, why the hell are so many of you blindly expressing approval of Malthouse. I reiterate an earlier point, if MM was carrying on like this at another club, you (of the group think) would be ridiculing him and his club accordingly. Because he is currently "ours" all is forgiven.

We have an excellent group of players, not top 4, but should certainly have performed better through the season. I bristle at the
attacks by you "supporters" in game day threads and the like. Particularly when it is easy to identify structural, and motivational short comings.

I really feel (most of) the Melbournians who engage in regular "tribal warfare" at the grounds, in the pubs, at their workplaces etc adopt a them versus us attitude, and lose the ability to view matters objectively.

I would love to sedately involve myself in the "warm and fuzzy" crap that goes on here with my fellow Blues supporters, to refrain from arguing or conflict......but..... For reasons I would like to think relate to integrity, honesty, logic and social conscience, I find it hard to relate to the bullying that goes on here and the empowerment you glean from each other.

Playing the victim doesn't help you either. You made an incorrect post and asked if anyone disagrees so don't act surprised when they do.

It's possible to disagree in a reasonable non-aggressive manner.

If Mick changed his attitude towards the media it wouldn't stop them writing crap about him one bit, it hasn't for millions of other people who have been bagged in the media either (as has been pointed out to you it certainly didn't help Ratten). I doubt you suffer fools any better than I or anyone else that posts here and you admit yourself that the media is full of hypocrites and lowlifes, a man has every right to defend himself against those types of people. If he had the team in the top four they would have nothing negative to write about him.

Missing the point entirely. Ratten handled himself with class. Mick could take a leaf out of his book, he could do a lot worse. He is in fact doing a lot worse.

Those are the facts mate, if you can't handle them don't post in forums.

Not sure what these facts have to do with me posting in here?

What the hell motivates individuals such as you to manipulate everything you do not approve of to some obscure agenda. We first crossed swords over the Thorp debate, yes. Myself and a few others saw him as an option, you and some of your mates depicted him as the anti Christ because he has an ego (like most of us...you obviously included). I have no qualms over him not being drafted by us or anyone else. While on subject I do get aggravated when some of you continue to attack his current form which is in fact very good. You (collectively) latch on to an individual to ridicule, and don't let go. Most of my Thorp posting was in response to the vilification you "arse clowns" (to use uncensored Thylacine vernacular) seem to think you are entitled to.

I have raised issues with the coach, while you of the group think continue to blame players. Interestingly if we were to identify the "love" for our players by the group think brigade, which surfaces after a decent performance, it totally flies in the face of the theory than MM is doing a great job, and it is the players' fault. If the players are so great individually in the mob opinion, why the hell are so many of you blindly expressing approval of Malthouse. I reiterate an earlier point, if MM was carrying on like this at another club, you (of the group think) would be ridiculing him and his club accordingly. Because he is currently "ours" all is forgiven.

We have an excellent group of players, not top 4, but should certainly have performed better through the season. I bristle at the
attacks by you "supporters" in game day threads and the like. Particularly when it is easy to identify structural, and motivational short comings.

I really feel (most of) the Melbournians who engage in regular "tribal warfare" at the grounds, in the pubs, at their workplaces etc adopt a them versus us attitude, and lose the ability to view matters objectively.

I would love to sedately involve myself in the "warm and fuzzy" crap that goes on here with my fellow Blues supporters, to refrain from arguing or conflict......but..... For reasons I would like to think relate to integrity, honesty, logic and social conscience, I find it hard to relate to the bullying that goes on here and the empowerment you glean from each other.

What a fantastic post.

It's amazing how when we play poorly it's the players fault and when we win well it's kudos to Mick. The coach gets paid one million plus for what exactly?

Mick on 5AA tonight said just before he left WCE he said to them to draft some SA forward who he liked the look of. They said to him 'oh no he's a bit of a plodder'.

turned out that forward was the Pav :straining:

Whether I agree with the sentiments of this post or not, I'm giving it 9/10 for its quality.

This is extremely well written.

........and I do agree with parts of it if we are talking about the posting styles of certain factions on this and other forums.

Mick on 5AA tonight said just before he left WCE he said to them to draft some SA forward who he liked the look of. They said to him 'oh no he's a bit of a plodder'.

turned out that forward was
the Pav :straining:

Pav was taken at #4 in the 1999 draft. Collingwood, Freo and Richmond had the first 3 picks and Freo took him with their second pick. As incoming Collingwood coach Mick should have been able to take Pavlich instead of Fraser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether I agree with the sentiments of this post or not, I'm giving it 9/10 for its quality.

This is extremely well written.

........and I do agree with parts of it if we are talking about the posting styles of certain factions on this and other forums.
Same here, not supporting one or the other but it was very well written.

Pav was taken at #4 in the 1999 draft. Collingwood, Freo and Richmond had the first 3 picks and Freo took him with their second pick. As incoming Collingwood coach Mick should have been able to take Pavlich instead of Fraser.
Don't ruin a good story with facts ;)

Just a terrific post.

.....Most of my Thorp posting was in response to the vilification you "arse clowns" (to use uncensored Thylacine vernacular) seem to think you are entitled to...while you of the group think continue to blame players...by the group think brigade, which surfaces after a decent performance...in the mob opinion...I would love to sedately involve myself in the "warm and fuzzy" crap that goes on here with my fellow Blues supporters, to refrain from arguing or conflict....I find it hard to relate to the bullying that goes on here...

Examples of bullying
  • Abusive, insulting or offensive language;
  • Behaviour or language that frightens, humiliates, belittles or degrades, including criticism that is delivered with yelling and screaming;
  • Teasing or regularly making someone the brunt of practical jokes;
  • Displaying material that is degrading or offending;
  • Spreading gossip, rumours and innuendo of a malicious nature
Anybody else see the irony?

Hawthorn have 10000 Tassie Members ,they play at the G very few have reserved seating our revenue is equal to theirs even with them having more members.
Not sure what your point is. We do very well on gate crowds and TV ratings....but our membership numbers have always lagged behind Pies, Hawks, Bombers and (in recent years) Tigers.

Chris Judd in his mid week press conference last week said he wasn't even aware there was an incident between mick and Lingy until when he saw it on tv either the next day or the day after. To suggest what Mick said to Ling had an effect on the players is utter nonsense. And if by chance any players did hear it and we're affected by it, then they need to take a good hard look at themselves and ask themselves are they really cut out for professional football. Seriously.
You have a degree in psychology?

Come on mate ... Mick won a premiership not even 4 years ago .. Only 3 coaches have won one more recently, and only two in the time that he's been coaching. This focus on needing younger staff (which seems to exist across all industries) astounds me ...
Just my view. He may have won a flag 4 years ago but how many years before that was his last one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back