NRL #RiseforAlex NRL Round 19 games and chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing performance today. Gidley going off at half time didn't help. Just dropped the ball too many times. I wonder how much of the day got to the lads. I was emotional and I don't know Alex at all, the players would have been really hammered by it.

Congratulations to the 26,401 Novocastrians that were out in force this afternoon in honor and support of Alex. Was one special afternoon!

Disappointing performance today. Gidley going off at half time didn't help. Just dropped the ball too many times. I wonder how much of the day got to the lads. I was emotional and I don't know Alex at all, the players would have been really hammered by it.

Congratulations to the 26,401 Novocastrians that were out in force this afternoon in honor and support of Alex. Was one special afternoon!

Was at the game... flew up from Melbourne with my Knights mad mate Craig.

We spoke with the players after the game as well Coach Bennett, Matt Gidley and Chief Harragon. The consensus from all of them was that the occasion got to them early, and after so many dropped balls they tried too hard to make up for it.

Went to the Knights training facility this morning to catch up with some Knights staff we know and was fortunate enough to meet Alex in person. Amazing individual who's taking in all in his stride (not unlike my mate Craig who's battling terminal cancer).

The media throng at the facility trying to get the scoop on the developing Bennett story this morning was an eye opener... players were all told to say nothing in relation to "Benny", and to simply talk about the past week.

Regardless of the result, the day was fantastic.

Was at the game... flew up from Melbourne with my Knights mad mate Craig.

We spoke with the players after the game as well Coach Bennett, Matt Gidley and Chief Harragon. The consensus from all of them was that the occasion got to them early, and after so many dropped balls they tried too hard to make up for it.

Went to the Knights training facility this morning to catch up with some Knights staff we know and was fortunate enough to meet Alex in person. Amazing individual who's taking in all in his stride (not unlike my mate Craig who's battling terminal cancer).

The media throng at the facility trying to get the scoop on the developing Bennett story this morning was an eye opener... players were all told to say nothing in relation to "Benny", and to simply talk about the past week.

Regardless of the result, the day was fantastic.

Glad to hear you and your mate had a good experience. Definitely agree on your comments about the game.

The town has a real community feel to it. Have always loved that about Newcastle.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mate. Happy to hear he got to share in the day though.

So round 19 came to a close last night and still 13 teams remain in contention for finals, although some for and against may hurt and time is running out.

Despite being in very good form the Warriors hurt their chances to move up the ladder with a loss at the Broncos, while Manly secured top spot by themselves after last nights win. The Titans refuse to go away and the certainly crashed the Knights celebrations on sunday in a big way. The Bulldogs loss was a massive lift for the Tigers and the margin of the win was extremely helpful for the Tigers for and against.

All in all another great round of footy with loads of upsets. Manly look like a Premiership side, but still a long way to go yet.

Darius Boyd admitted for treatment on depression. Can't say I'm particularly surprised, without knowing him personally he did show a lot of signs that it could be an issue.

Even though I've never particularly warmed to him, I hope he can sort it out. Depression is a truly horrible illness.

So round 19 came to a close last night and still 13 teams remain in contention for finals, although some for and against may hurt and time is running out.

Despite being in very good form the Warriors hurt their chances to move up the ladder with a loss at the Broncos, while Manly secured top spot by themselves after last nights win. The Titans refuse to go away and the certainly crashed the Knights celebrations on sunday in a big way. The Bulldogs loss was a massive lift for the Tigers and the margin of the win was extremely helpful for the Tigers for and against.

All in all another great round of footy with loads of upsets. Manly look like a Premiership side, but still a long way to go yet.
I really hope the Warriors finish srongly, thought they'd beat the Broncos.

Would like the Broncs to disappear, have been playing rubbish all year but jagging a few wins. he coaching situation might kill off this season

Didn't they? It's great to see talented young kids really going for it.

[edit] That was to Bomber, of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back