Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we all going.....

Things have changed over the last month.

Doing cardio every morning before work, schedule looks something like this....

Mon - 5.00-5-40 (cardio) --work-- gym (cardio+weights)
Tues - 5.00-5-40 (cardio) --work-- rest
Wed - 5.00-5-40 (cardio) --work-- gym (cardio+weights)
Thur - 5.00-5-40 (cardio) --work-- gym (cardio+weights)
Fri - 5.00-5-40 (cardio) --work-- rest
Sat - 7.00 - 8.00 (cardio) --rest--eat--rest-- gym (cardio+weights)
Sun - 7.00 - 8.00 (cardio)--rest--eat--rest-- gym (cardio+weights)

Last known weight - 108.50 < Last Sunday morning 13/7/14

No GF, Don't drink, just trying to save money and this is the best way to do so.....

Dropped 10 kilos in about a month from the cardio in the morning and not eating as much. Will come back in a month and see where im at

Good stuff, thats a lot of cardio you do well to stay motivated. What type of cardio are you doing? Just be wary a lot and certain types of cardio when in calorie deficit can be muscle wasting, but as you aiming to lose weight keep going with whats working. My one suggestion once you hit around or just below your goal weight, ease up no the cardio and focus on resistance training to build your lean muscle.

Good stuff, thats a lot of cardio you do well to stay motivated. What type of cardio are you doing? Just be wary a lot and certain types of cardio when in calorie deficit can be muscle wasting, but as you aiming to lose weight keep going with whats working. My one suggestion once you hit around or just below your goal weight, ease up no the cardio and focus on resistance training to build your lean muscle.

I do about 12-15ks on the exercise bike....takes me about 25-30 mins, then off to some rowing if I have the time. Tbh, the short time that I have been doing this in the morning, I have lost fat and muscle. Im not really concerned with the muscle as the fat is dropping off. You are dead right though, I cannont wait until I get where I want to be (90-95) so I can sleep in. ;)

Have found that Im reading a lot of more about the body and mind....its the only thing that keeps me getting up in the morning. Trying to stay motivated is hard, It is getting easier by the day though.

I do about 12-15ks on the exercise bike....takes me about 25-30 mins, then off to some rowing if I have the time. Tbh, the short time that I have been doing this in the morning, I have lost fat and muscle. Im not really concerned with the muscle as the fat is dropping off. You are dead right though, I cannont wait until I get where I want to be (90-95) so I can sleep in. ;)

Have found that Im reading a lot of more about the body and mind....its the only thing that keeps me getting up in the morning. Trying to stay motivated is hard, It is getting easier by the day though.

Good stuff! 2 years ago i was what you would call skinny fat, little pot belly, skinnish arms, just an all round sloppy rig. I went from 86kg to 76kg in 3 months through 3 x full body work outs a week and lots of cardio. I would 3-4km to the gym, work out and run home, i dropped muscle and body fat didn't care then it was just about kgs and even now i'm glad i dropped the weight and now i have built back up the lean muscle and can fluctuate between 85-88kg. So similar weight to where i was 2 years ago but completely different body shape.

A handy tip, if you are looking to retain as much lean muscle as possible take some BCAAS's pre and post work out.

Good stuff! 2 years ago i was what you would call skinny fat, little pot belly, skinnish arms, just an all round sloppy rig. I went from 86kg to 76kg in 3 months through 3 x full body work outs a week and lots of cardio. I would 3-4km to the gym, work out and run home, i dropped muscle and body fat didn't care then it was just about kgs and even now i'm glad i dropped the weight and now i have built back up the lean muscle and can fluctuate between 85-88kg. So similar weight to where i was 2 years ago but completely different body shape.

A handy tip, if you are looking to retain as much lean muscle as possible take some BCAAS's pre and post work out.

What do you use ?

What do you use ?

Bulk nutrients, have unflavoured 1kg bags for $49 + $12 postage (you can also buy the flavoured BCCA recovery and take that post work out)

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/branched-chain-amino-acids-bcaas-unflavoured/BCAAS

But on there own taste awful, you can buy flavoring sachets from them as well; (the raspberry is quite sweet)

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/amino-acid-flavouring/AAF

Or you could buy a flavored Amino mix from supps r us, they are quite cheap but will have sweetners etc in them just like pre work outs. Up to you.

I also use bulk nutrients; whey protein isolate, creatine and glutamine. There new NOX pre work out is good also, but currently cycling off pre works outs. Supps aren't the be all and end all but will definitely help.

I did legs tonight and puked everywhere. Went too hard.

I've been sitting on the toilet for 35 minutes and I don't think I can move

The power just went out

send help

You should have thought about falling over and puking on leg day before it happened. Also, get off your phone... or take a selfie.

It's okay I got home and got to bed.

home = car
bed = back seat

Sip on some good BCAA's whilst completing your fasted cardio and muscle wasting will not occur.

Mrs squats 80kgs now, pretty strong for a girl and her body is taking shape! A bit of appreciation for the girl ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Above 60kg for a girl is good! I squat 100kg but I think that's fairly poor, I don't work legs and glutes as much as I should

she must be really understanding to let you post those pics!

Both fitness background.. A bit of skin shown is hardly worth understanding! You've never seen skin before? You see more with girls at the beach pal.

She is looking great :)!

Both fitness background.. A bit of skin shown is hardly worth understanding! You've never seen skin before? You see more with girls at the beach pal.

whoa. let's just take a deep breath. i think he was taking the viewpoint of posters posting pics of their partners (especially in tasteful underwear) - given it is a rarity here on bf.

FWIW IMO i believe he is liking your post. as are many here.

keep us all updated.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to come across aggressively :)

She doesn't know I posted them, but she would have no issues. The girl came home last night in a filthy mood because she thinks she looks fat in the mirrors at her work ( works at fitness first ).. She is the cleanest eater during the week, then on weekends we both splurge a little to much! I love food, so does she so we don't really restrain on weekends.

She doesn't know I posted them, but she would have no issues. The girl came home last night in a filthy mood because she thinks she looks fat in the mirrors at her work ( works at fitness first ).. She is the cleanest eater during the week, then on weekends we both splurge a little to much! I love food, so does she so we don't really restrain on weekends.

the concept of "off days" is interesting. i have many of them :D

in the pursuit of getting toned, ripped, sculpted people really focus on eating right 365/24/7. but we all gotta live a little!

I fell into this 'trap" too. But really depends on what your goals, if you are jut happy maintaining then eating well for 5 days and splurging on weekends will just keep you around the mark, well that has been the case for me. But recently i have been pretty strict, eating just a cheat meal on saturday nights and sundays now are just the same as Monday to Friday (also i really made sure i cut out snacks outside of what i planned). Doing this i have dropped from 90/91kg at the start of June to now being around 82kg. For me if i eat at 80% my body will be at 80% or less.

I fell into this 'trap" too. But really depends on what your goals, if you are jut happy maintaining then eating well for 5 days and splurging on weekends will just keep you around the mark, well that has been the case for me. But recently i have been pretty strict, eating just a cheat meal on saturday nights and sundays now are just the same as Monday to Friday (also i really made sure i cut out snacks outside of what i planned). Doing this i have dropped from 90/91kg at the start of June to now being around 82kg. For me if i eat at 80% my body will be at 80% or less.

that raises a good query. why cheat nights on weekends as opposed to a weeknight? i mean they are all just days! perhaps binging on a weekend is more acceptable to the person "oh, yeah its a weekend!!!!1!! PARTY". probably assosciated with social accepted norm that weekends is for letting your hair down and not working (unless you are in retail or tourism i guess)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back