2014 - is this the year Geelong finally falls?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh?

I quite literally just left a conversation discussing that Geelong are quite possibly the weakest top four side, and most definitely the weakest top two side at this stage of a season in living memory.

Absolutely NO HOPE of jagging the flag. Zero. None.

A team sitting second on the ladder with a 13-4 record is zero chance of winning the flag?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Thought this thread would have closed by now.

i4og1v.jpg

:)

I think we are pretty average with flaws.

Yet we are second.

Indictment on rest of the comp that a team in obvious transition so high up ladder. Where are hype sides Freo, North and Hot Dons?
Exactly. Other teams in a rebuilding phase are cellar dwellers, sometimes for years. Whereas Geelong is equal 1st on the ladder, I'll take that any day of the week thank you very much. :)

Thought this thread would have closed by now.

i4og1v.jpg

:)

Hang on,if Collingwood & Gold Coast win by enough does this mean the great Essendon side of 2014 could be out of the top 8 by sunday night ?
That can't be right,they're suppose to be much more superior to the team currently sitting 2nd [could be 3rd by Saturday night]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on,if Collingwood & Gold Coast win by enough does this mean the great Essendon side of 2014 could be out of the top 8 by sunday night ?
That can't be right,they're suppose to be much more superior to the team currently sitting 2nd [could be 3rd by Saturday night]

Eh? Who said anything about Essendon being great?

Obviously it is tough to replace players of the calibre of Stevie J, Enright, Bartel but we have some good youngsters coming through
Meh - it happens.

Getting a little tired of it as an Essendon supporter (knocking over very good sides only to lose to the trash) - but hey, it appears that we've finally figured out this late season issue.

Oh and yes, we are a better side than Geelong. Would back us with quite a degree of confidence should we be privileged enough to meet you in September.
Which 'very good sides have you knocked over'? Had a look at your results and couldn't see anyone fitting that description who you have beaten.

Not exactly sure why Essendon's rather flukey win over the Western Bulldogs has suddenly become a sign the Dons are surging into finals contention. It has been a pretty barren decade for Essendon (I think they have beaten Geelong twice in ten years) but a top 4 side would be disappointed with trailing a bottom six side that late in the game.

Oh how the mighty have fallen i guess.

Sydney clearly have Geelong's measure ( I dont think we will be alone there by the end of the year), Hawthorn are a better side but no Hawthorn fan would say they have our measure. Our form is no worse than Port and Freo. Third-fifth is about right on form.

Making the assumption you make top four (I think you'd have to have a pretty dire reversal of form to fall out), you'll play one of Hawks, Freo, Syd - none of which I'd give you the slightest hope against in September.

You'd then face one of (and I'm stretching a bit here), North, Port, Ess or Adel - all of which would beat you in Melbourne IMO (however with nowhere near the confidence of a top four matchup).
If ignorance goes to forty dollars a barrel, I want drilling rights to your head.

Not exactly sure why Essendon's rather flukey win over the Western Bulldogs has suddenly become a sign the Dons are surging into finals contention. It has been a pretty barren decade for Essendon (I think they have beaten Geelong twice in ten years) but a top 4 side would be disappointed with trailing a bottom six side that late in the game.

Oh how the mighty have fallen i guess.

Sydney clearly have Geelong's measure ( I dont think we will be alone there by the end of the year), Hawthorn are a better side but no Hawthorn fan would say they have our measure. Our form is no worse than Port and Freo. Third-fifth is about right on form.

The bombers are the best team in the comp right now, and haven't you heard, Carlisle is the best forward to ever play the game, AND they have Chappy.

Why are they 7th though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back