Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming back to trying to construct a Cameron trade that is at least semi-realistic (ie. no 5CC worthy options) and have a 3 way trade involving us, GWS and Melbourne. Predicated on Frawley will ask for a salary Melbourne won't pay, but GWS can (with Cameron gone). And that Cameron is only interested in coming to SA or Geelong. If Frawley is happy to stay at the Dee's they'd be getting less than his worth and it wouldn't fly.

Melbourne
Lose - Frawley
Gain - Hartlett, Port's second round pick

Port
Lose - Hartlett, 1st and 2nd round picks
Gain - Cameron

GWS
Lose - Cameron
Gain - Frawley, Port's first round pick

Melbourne get a gun midfielder (and they need those) who is top notch right now. Not a 'hopefully good' in 2 - 4 years with who they pick up with their Frawley compo pick. Get a second round pick to sweeten it.

GWS get a quality defender - a need of their's. And also a first round pick to recognise Cameron's class. They can pick up another youngster or trade onwards as they wish.

Port, we'd lose Hartlett and our first two picks. Yes it costs a lot, but Cameron is going to cost a lot and would be worth it.

Hammer aint going no where! just sayin

Is there a more over rated footballer than James Frawley?

as a key defender he lives up to the hype. was all-australian and worthy of that honour.

as a key forward no he is not worth the hype. he is not remotely close to the class of forwards that would be talked about as all-aus. still very serviceable and quite alright as a forward but not in the price bracket he will come in at. although in saying that key forwards come on the market once in a blue moon.

so i would say that frawley is not over-rated as a defender but is over-rated if you are paying or rating him among the top key forwards of the game.

Why not try Clurey up forward? Problem solved.
O'Brien would be perfect for Port but cant see the Hawks letting him go after two years. Would we offer our first round pick for him? Its a YES for me.
I have wanted Ken to try this for a while, i know Clurey can play forward and spent most of his footy prior to Port playing forward. He can also kick a nice goal. ;)

Looking at his stats Toby Nankervis (Sydney, 19 years old) would have been a good pick up. Plays ruck/ forward
In the NEAFL (12 games) his stats are:
Goals: 24
Hitouts: 18
Tackles: 4
Disposals: 16

Was picked up at pick 35 last year so he is still contracted but would be worth having a talk to, see if he is happy where he is

Over on the Collingwood board they are discussing the pros and cons of Kennedy for Clurey?

KPD for a small fwd/mid no thanks we have enough of those as it is

The word doing the Rounds you are most into Broomhead.

Though I Highly doubt Either Kennedy or Broomhead would leave Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were targeting one of them I'd rather Broomhead as he looks to be more of a mid/fwd than a small forward like Kennedy. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben ends up at the Crows sometime down the line as they rate him really highly, if we don't end up with him hopefully Collingwood can keep him away from the corp.

Can't see Broomhead looking to leave so nothing will happen on that front this year, the only interest we've shown is saying that he'd be on our radar with him being an ex-SA lad but if the club & him are keen I think he'd be a good pickup if the trade is fair.

The club has made it well known Lycett is our main target with Gorringe a possibility after being into him last year.

If we were targeting one of them I'd rather Broomhead as he looks to be more of a mid/fwd than a small forward like Kennedy. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben ends up at the Crows sometime down the line as they rate him really highly, if we don't end up with him hopefully Collingwood can keep him away from the corp.

Can't see Broomhead looking to leave so nothing will happen on that front this year, the only interest we've shown is saying that he'd be on our radar with him being an ex-SA lad but if the club & him are keen I think he'd be a good pickup if the trade is fair.

The club has made it well known Lycett is our main target with Gorringe a possibility after being into him last year.

-Kennedy is a genuine centre square player not just a small forward
-Rendell liked Kennedy so Adelaide did when he was up for pre-selection. but now he's at collingwood and no surprise they picked him.

Kennedy is far far far ahead of Broomhead

-Kennedy is a genuine centre square player not just a small forward
-Rendell liked Kennedy so Adelaide did when he was up for pre-selection. but now he's at collingwood and no surprise they picked him.

Kennedy is far far far ahead of Broomhead
Have only seen him in spurts as they use him as sub too often to gauge where he's at in his development, I liked what I saw of Broomhead against the Crows & he's 8cm taller but they're both going to be guns.

The likelihood of either leaving a club like Collingwood this early in their careers would be pretty low, seeing how close Kennedy is with Grundy & now Tims getting a regular game I can't see either playing the go home card.

Have only seen him in spurts as they use him as sub too often to gauge where he's at in his development, I liked what I saw of Broomhead against the Crows & he's 8cm taller but they're both going to be guns.

The likelihood of either leaving a club like Collingwood this early in their careers would be pretty low, seeing how close Kennedy is with Grundy & now Tims getting a regular game I can't see either playing the go home card.

Collingwood also have a lot of depth in the sub 6ft forward mid.

Elliot, Blair, Kennedy, Broomhead, Dwyer, Fasolo, Thomas, Martin, Ball (latter two probably more short term than long term) and they just traded for Adams who is another small in the midfield. if we wanted any of them enough i would say we are in with a crack of getting one.

We will lose Wingard and Robbie to the midfield from here on in maybe? Gus we still have ASADA to worry about? I think White is blue chip but not so sure about our other small forwards? We should have an interest in Kennedy. Not sure on the deal maybe Clurey and shuffle few picks around? Would not mind Kennedy on our list though.

Coming back to trying to construct a Cameron trade that is at least semi-realistic (ie. no 5CC worthy options) and have a 3 way trade involving us, GWS and Melbourne. Predicated on Frawley will ask for a salary Melbourne won't pay, but GWS can (with Cameron gone). And that Cameron is only interested in coming to SA or Geelong. If Frawley is happy to stay at the Dee's they'd be getting less than his worth and it wouldn't fly.

Melbourne
Lose - Frawley
Gain - Hartlett, Port's second round pick

Port
Lose - Hartlett, 1st and 2nd round picks
Gain - Cameron

GWS
Lose - Cameron
Gain - Frawley, Port's first round pick

Melbourne get a gun midfielder (and they need those) who is top notch right now. Not a 'hopefully good' in 2 - 4 years with who they pick up with their Frawley compo pick. Get a second round pick to sweeten it.

GWS get a quality defender - a need of their's. And also a first round pick to recognise Cameron's class. They can pick up another youngster or trade onwards as they wish.

Port, we'd lose Hartlett and our first two picks. Yes it costs a lot, but Cameron is going to cost a lot and would be worth it.
I agree Andre, Ken H properly would rather lose Hartlett then any other his top pick players, Hartlett is not as good as other first pick players his form up and down. The only thing i like about Hartlett is his long Kick. We are really need another forward for our chance to win a flag.

Hartlett has been playing with an ankle injury since the Sydney game. He's a supremely talented player who wins the hard ball and works his way beautifully through traffic as much as being a beautiful outside runner. He's slowly but surely getting all his injuries sorted out and will soon be a jet. To be honest I'd rather keep the core of our midfield intact and work on the far more realistic hope of getting Lycett to Port. Harts stays.

Not watching The Recruit but someone on that thread picked up Burgo seems very keen on Waylan Manson and it could see him here..... Would that be a good thing?

To be honest I'd rather keep the core of our midfield intact and work on the far more realistic hope of getting Lycett to Port. Harts stays.
I expect this is what the club will do. I can see one of our rivals for Cameron (assuming he leaves GWS) being willing to throw the proverbial kitchen sink to get him though, so just floating something that would at least get us at the table to discuss. GWS are s**t at trading, but that's more they won't trade for need so far, rather than Fremantle 1990's, pants down, lap around the table bad.

Not watching The Recruit but someone on that thread picked up Burgo seems very keen on Waylan Manson and it could see him here..... Would that be a good thing?
He is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back