Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

great to See Wangaratta defeat wang Rovers and move within two points of the top five, and with the maggies playing north and the rovers playing the pigeons next week, very well should be in the top five next week
Cracking game and full credit to the Magpies who never gave up. Archer's brain fade/send off cost Rovers dearly as Wang pushed out to a four goal buffer in his absence that proved too much to chase in the end. Exhausted watching Grossman burn up the showgrounds turf - absolute Rolls Royce.

Hearing that Lavi have sighted Chris Hyde for his "crude" shepherd on Saturday.

Anymore news on the Raiders coaching job? Clearly they would be chasing someone if Bone was to come out and say he will stand down if they find the right guy? Any names possibilitys?​

Strong rumour going around, Darren Cresswell.

Good move if they can get Cresswell. Is a gun coach, hard and tough policies, has done very well up here with Palm Beach in the QAFL comp.He coached Palm Beach to a flag in 2013, and this year the club were promoted to the QAFL level, and at the moment, they sit 2nd on the ladder,,, which is a great achievement considering the step up in standard.The QAFL comp is a similar standard ( not quite as good ) as the O&M.

Lavi sports club shut down. What impact will this have on the footy club? How much influence or input does it have in the running of the footy club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head, I'm not sure what the link between Lavi and the Panthers is these days, you would have your finger on the pulse in this regard. Question to you though, If they do indeed pull the pin on the sports club and sell it off/cut their losses so to speak, and the ground now being in council hands, do you think there would be a push at any stage to return to the "Blues", or is there still a connection to the Panthers Club. Personally, I would like to see them back in the Navy Blue.

Sensational effort again by the Hoppers on the weekend, continue to prove the early critics wrong, and while mathematically can still make it, logic tells us otherwise. Only disapointment was the crowd, given it was always going to be a good contest, crowds have been great all season up until this match. Having said that, it was still better than most of the other games

Head, I'm not sure what the link between Lavi and the Panthers is these days, you would have your finger on the pulse in this regard. Question to you though, If they do indeed pull the pin on the sports club and sell it off/cut their losses so to speak, and the ground now being in council hands, do you think there would be a push at any stage to return to the "Blues", or is there still a connection to the Panthers Club. Personally, I would like to see them back in the Navy Blue.

Good point. Back to the old Lavi jumpers for sure.

I would love to see the old dark navy blues return, but as pointed out to me earlier, its obviously going to be more cost effective to stay as the panthers, with changing of uniforms, senior and junior club as well as auskickers.. I used to love running out and singing along to the old dark navy blues club song as well, worthy discussion I would have thought

I would love to see the old dark navy blues return, but as pointed out to me earlier, its obviously going to be more cost effective to stay as the panthers, with changing of uniforms, senior and junior club as well as auskickers.. I used to love running out and singing along to the old dark navy blues club song as well, worthy discussion I would have thought
it would be kind of nice to drag the old jumper out and young kids actually know what team it is. Make it happen Chuck, you know you want it back.

palm beach annouced it for the raiders on their website tonight, three year contract

Yes, from the QAFL website , its stating that Cresswell has signed as coach for the Raiders on a 3 year contract.He certainly has forged an impressive coaching resume up here. Has some 244 afl game experience in his playing days, and from what ive seen and heard, is a gun at game plans and installs tough, hard playing attitudes into his players.I feel he will be very good for the Raiders, as long as they improve their playing list for him.

I am very happy for the Raiders. You would think that if a former player has put Cresswell's name forward as a great coach due to his own experience with him then they have made a very good appointment. It would be fair to say that he would now be the most credentialed coach that we have had in the comp for some time. Hopefully they can get some players in so he has something to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back