List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Prospects

Who do you want with our first selection in the National draft?

• Peter Wright

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • Patrick McCartin

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • Sam Durdin

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brayshaw gets undersold a lot, especially if what Shifter said recently about him running the 20m in around 2.82 seconds (which is blistering) is anywhere near correct.

He is a terrific size, has what Shifter described as absolutely elite dual-sided kicking and handballing ability, I think has high character and all that sort of stuff and if he is anywhere near as quick as Shifter suggested he is and has the other attributes that Knightmare says he has (like excellent tackling and marking), then that would surely make him pretty much the "complete package", unless I'm missing something. Basically like a significantly taller and quicker version of Sam Mitchell, as far as style comparison goes.
The only difference between Brayshaw & Petracca appears to be 5kg.

Write-ups suggest Petracca is a better player when forward but can play midfield, although Brayshaw is better through the midfield but can go forward too

Both appear to be apples, so really we're just comparing a Red Delicious to a Pink Lady...

Petracca is crazy-dominant overhead though and is the type like Billings or a Fyfe who could just win a game off his own boot with a 10 or 15 minute spell where he kicks 3 goals, whereas I think Brayshaw is the type who will just go along more steadily and quietly and super-efficiently and just get the job done week after week to a high level.

So I can see why Petracca is rated higher, as I think he can be more dominant and match-winning, but if we have a pick around 3-4 then it would be hard to complain about getting Brayshaw, especially since he's the type who you would just plug in and he'd be likely to do the business from the get-go, like probably a slightly taller, better kicking and faster version of Dunstan.

Last edited:

As far as Brayshaw goes it's going to be extremely interesting to see how he does in fact test for speed at the combine (if he does test). I'd heard on here from the likes of Rahul that he is pretty quick, but 2.82 is super-bloody quick, especially for someone of his dimensions, so I just wonder if Shifter may have gotten that a bit wrong. If he is in fact that fast surely more would have noticed it and he'd be getting talked up more for that aspect of his game. 2.82sec is Dangerfield-type fast.

Either way, it sounds like he is at least faster than average and when combined with his really good size, extreme dual-sidedness, excellent and consistent ball-winning ability and so-on, he sounds like he has a terrific package.

As far as Brayshaw goes it's going to be extremely interesting to see how he does in fact test for speed at the combine (if he does test). I'd heard on here from the likes of Rahul that he is pretty quick, but 2.82 is super-bloody quick, especially for someone of his dimensions, so I just wonder if Shifter may have gotten that a bit wrong. If he is in fact that fast surely more would have noticed it and he'd be getting talked up more for that aspect of his game. 2.82sec is Dangerfield-type fast.

Either way, it sounds like he is at least faster than average and when combined with his really good size, extreme dual-sidedness, excellent and consistent ball-winning ability and so-on, he sounds like he has a terrific package.
Not bad, but ain't no McKenzie :p

367509-052aa87a-b874-11e3-848d-cd1e735129aa.jpg

Looks kinda like Jake Carlile's marks v Dogs, ie: taking them from 3-4 deep ;):eek:

Screen_shot_2014-07-09_at_10_25_18_AM.png

A little disappointed there's no bum taps to celebrate a 10 goal haul though

Reading up on some comments again on Brayshaw on the D&T board, they don't seem to be as keen on Brayshaw's kicking as Shifter was. While they agree that he is incredibly dual-sided and outstanding by hand, many seem to think his general kicking is only around the good mark and nothing to write home about, especially I guess when compared to say a Billings, Kelly, or in this draft a Vijo-Rainbow, or Wigg.

Possibly because he spends so much time on his opposite foot it might just take that little bit longer to get to a higher level on both feet though, so they may both just continue to improve throughout his career as he just kicks it more and more on the track and field with both of those feet and he may end up closer to the elite level on both feet by the end of his career.

They were a really big wrap for his footy nous/IQ and his workrate and so-on though and I saw one describe him as the type who would be pretty much no chance to not make the grade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the passion here boys, as previously stated by my great self, Brayshaw is a vacuum, would be happy to have him in our team.
However, I've heard we won't be using our first pick in the draft, apparantley deal has been brokered already to bring a potential superstar player to our club.
Very, very exciting!!!
Say that again.

Loving the passion here boys, as previously stated by my great self, Brayshaw is a vacuum, would be happy to have him in our team.
However, I've heard we won't be using our first pick in the draft, apparantley deal has been brokered already to bring a potential superstar player to our club.
Very, very exciting!!!
JC.... And I don't mean the great man Jesus Christ

Very, very exciting!!!

DS? TB? JP? Rory Sloane ;)?

Very, very exciting!!!
Your mails wrong, we've already got Luke Dunstan...

Very, very exciting!!!
*, I hope you're right. That is a huge get. Don't want to get my hopes up though... anything could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back