Competitions 2022 Saints Phantom Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn select Will Edwards with pick 50.

A relatively late bloomer, Will presents as a key defensive project player with immense upside. Standing 197cm and tipping the scales at 100kg Will Edwards looks like a monster, but his draft combine sprint time of 2.876 seconds speaks to his explosive athleticism. His closing pace makes him an effective one on one defender and also has experience in the ruck.

iceDonkey Richmond is up.​

Thought of him with our last live pick but I like the Swans backline ATM.

I think they have real issues in the front half though.

Buddy probably in his last season. Sam Reid too.
Logan McDonald looks a player but they need that back up ruck for Hickey/Ladhams mid-long term.

I hope we
Damn you haha. Clarke was the other choice I referred to when selecting the saints last pick. Good get for the giants.

With pick 34 the St Kilda Football Club selects Noah Long from the Bendigo Pioneers.

One Long out, another Long in. Small mid/forward with some nice qualities. Strong inside game, clean hands and a nice turn of speed. He can also impact the scoreboard inside 50. Can add him to the mid/forward rotation alongside Gresh and Higgins.

Welcome to St Kilda Noah Long.

Significant back to you.
Good>Long kick for his size too.

With the matched bid the Swans will move on to selecting: LACHIE COWAN

Lachie has shown he can perform at the elite level against his peers and we need to look to a future without Jake Lloyd.

Pairing Cowan with Blakey feels pretty exciting and I've got a soft spot for Tasmanians hehe

1/12/04
187cm/81kg
Tasmania Devils/Allies
Defender/midfielder
September ranking: 23

A long-kicking bigger-bodied prospect who can play off half-back or through the midfield, Cowan had a consistent season for Tasmania and the Allies. He was crowned a joint winner of the Morrish Medal in the NAB League and also was a standout for the Allies across their carnival. The left-footer placed inside the top 10 in the running vertical jump test with a leap of 83cm.
Darcy Jones here? He & Ed Allen would burn the turf up, at the SCG.

With pick 30 the St Kilda Football Club selects..................Max Gruzewski

It was a 50/50 call between Max and another who I won't reveal as I hope he slides to our next pick.

A highly skilled and athletic tall. Also has a nice contested mark and uses the ball well. With some quality development hopefully he can become an intercepting weapon down back like Sicily, Jeremy McGovern or Howe. Hoping he can growth 2-3cm more to around the 195cm mark.

Holy Hunter Clark over to you
And the stands erupt, with the cry of GRUZEWSKI, as he takes a screamer.

iceDonkey I see you've been offline for a few days, so I'm not sure if you're on holiday but just wanted to give you a heads up Rioli2Rioli will be allocated Richmond's pick if you don't provide selection by 10am tomorrow. Cheers.

Like this kid's blonde mullet.
964163.jpg

Whilst i am here and making the most out of the limelight , I may as well put in another bid for Essendon's NGA player
Anthony Munkara. I would be more than happy to end up with either Rowston or Munkara at Punt Rd.

Most likely it will be matched and if it is then

Luke Teal
Height: 189cm
Weight: 80kg
D.O.B: 20-05-2004

joydivision22[/USER

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst i am here and making the most out of the limelight , I may as well put in another bid for Essendon's NGA player
Anthony Munkara. I would be more than happy to end up with either Rowston or Munkara at Punt Rd.

Most likely it will be matched and if it is then

Luke Teal
Height: 189cm
Weight: 80kg
D.O.B: 20-05-2004

joydivision22[/USER

Is Munkara an Essendon NGA? I didn't realise. Hopefully someone bids on him before 40.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back