Review Dangerfield: What's up?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think in 1 or 2 years both of those players will be performing as A graders. Talia of course is doing well but will be even better if we can get him some support.

Talia is the best Key Back in the comp.
Tex with a preseason under his belt will be the best key forward. He's top 5 right now.

I think thats a fair call. We have runs on the board with him (first year) so I think we're entitled to be direct and expect a direct answer.

If says "Im staying", though, I'd be throwing a Buddy size contract at him.

-9.8%?

Great player when he is on. Goes missing too much for mine. I worry long term about his sustainability in this league.

Personally feel the smartest thing this club could do is trade him this year.
I'm nearly with on this, but scared of what we'd get for him. Perhaps it would balance out the draft picks we didn't get... but would he start an exodus?
Id hate to see Rory Sloane leg-it for example.

Great player when he is on. Goes missing too much for mine. I worry long term about his sustainability in this league.

Personally feel the smartest thing this club could do is trade him this year.
How would the players inside the club feel about that?

I know most people are talking about his kicking. He needs to be more "centimetre perfect" rather than bombing or tumbling the ball forward to really be up there with the elites of the game. Great player with character, tries his best.

You don't come to have the hype that surrounds Dangerfield without having produced elite level football on a consistent basis.
Yep
Danger is
1st in centre clearances
4th in clearances
1st in contested possesions
4th in inside 50s
Elite in disposals
4th in goals among mids

He's definitely not an elite player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep
Danger is
1st in centre clearances
4th in clearances
1st in contested possesions
4th in inside 50s
Elite in disposals
4th in goals among mids

He's definitely not an elite player
I know those stats are flattering but his influence has been significantly less than in recent years. We can hope he can lead from the front in a big game vs North this week.

I know those stats are flattering but his influence has been significantly less than in recent years. We can hope he can lead from the front in a big game vs North this week.

I think those stats show how good a player he is that even when he is having a bad year by his own standards that he is elite in quite a few of the key categories that we rate midfielders. If he can get fit and healthy and has a good pre season he should be back to his 2012/2013 form and one of the best players in the game

I think those stats show how good a player he is that even when he is having a bad year by his own standards that he is elite in quite a few of the key categories that we rate midfielders. If he can get fit and healthy and has a good pre season he should be back to his 2012/2013 form and one of the best players in the game
I know it speaks volumes of how good he is when he is elite in all those categories when it's been a "down year"

not even half as fast as last year. i worry that not only does he need a rest, but the fact that he hasnt been rested means that his body is cooked and may never regain that speed again...

I know most people are talking about his kicking. He needs to be more "centimetre perfect" rather than bombing or tumbling the ball forward to really be up there with the elites of the game. Great player with character, tries his best.
Crows still don't do enough work to protect him at the clearances. Stat before showed he's the most "under pressure" player in the league, which is usually is what leads to him just banging it on the boot and hoping it goes near a Crows player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back