Opinion Dangerfield compo - putting this issue to bed for good

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine giving up the best player in the competition and only receiving the equivalent of pick 4 (not even the real pick 4) in return.

Oh and if we did get real pick 4, not fake pick 4, we could have selected Clayton Oliver.

Instead we got the fake knock off pick 4 and only got Wayne Milera as a result

I have just seen Sanders telling someone to count the 3 first rounders Cats gave to GWS for JC (ie bagging the Crows again over Danger). Now can’t find his post - perhaps he has pulled another one of his posts after realising he has left himself exposed here. Personally so sick to death focussing on something from 7 years ago and living in the past. It reminds me of some of my rellies and friends in Adelaide failing to be able to “move on” - something coincidentally I have never found living in many other places but that seems to occur with regular occurrence on this forum.

I would love to see Sanders and his wannabe cronies let this one go and hopefully the following can put it to bed - for good.

Now unless my after work cocktails (wouldn’t rule it out) are seriously impacting here - in which case I will certainly claim lack of capacity - the Crows got HIGHER value for Danger than GWS did for Cameron. Do the sums on the AFL draft calculator. We got 9 and 28. GWS got 13, 15 and 20 but gave up 24 and 27. And if anything earlier picks are relatively undervalued in many peoples eyes in reality.

Will very patiently await your response here Colonel :) and please don’t ignore being found out like you were a few days ago by not responding and just hoping things go away.

cats gave the equivalent of pick 7 for Cameron (13, 15, 20 out and 24 and 27 back in along with Jezza)

cats gave the equivalent of pick 4 for Danger (9 and 28)

SO WE GOT MORE FOR DANGER THAN GWS DID FOR CAMERON!!!!!!!!!! Well strike me pink. Who would have thought.

Your argument and constant criticism here along with your wannabe cronies has been completely and utterly debunked. Furthermore there is no doubt in recent years that HIGHER COMPENSATION is being received for players leaving even further adding to the Crows case here. And as we all realise we were the first club to force compensation for a free agent. Would I have liked 2 first rounders from Cats? Of course. Did we do as well as GWS did - bloody oath based on the numbers.

A genuine request to please respond Samders, STO and other cronies. It’s the manly thing to do.
Adelaide did the best job of getting compo for a player leaving in free agency that any club has managed, pure and simple. Whatever reason people have for not seeing that is one of life’s mysteries and you won’t change that with any amount of logic I’m afraid.

it’s like people that are convinced that Brodie Smith is cooked, and the fact that statistically he had one of his best 3 years, and now the coaches have backed that up, won’t change their minds.

Imagine giving up the best player in the competition and only receiving the equivalent of pick 4 (not even the real pick 4) in return.

Oh and if we did get real pick 4, not fake pick 4, we could have selected Clayton Oliver.

Instead we got the fake knock off pick 4 and only got Wayne Milera as a result
We got the "Wish" Pick 4.

Ordered a PS5 and got the box with a brick in it.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide did the best job of getting compo for a player leaving in free agency that any club has managed, pure and simple. Whatever reason people have for not seeing that is one of life’s mysteries and you won’t change that with any amount of logic I’m afraid.

it’s like people that are convinced that Brodie Smith is cooked, and the fact that statistically he had one of his best 3 years, and now the coaches have backed that up, won’t change their minds.
Because Adelaide were going to match it, he didn't leave as a free agent. It was a trade.

Dayne Beams (and pick 67) to Brisbane for legitimate personal reasons cost Brisbane pick 5, 25 and Jack Crisp. How the Crows couldn't negotiate a future first as well is unbelievable.

Crisp was recognised as the steak knives but in reality, he was trending up. We got Gore.

Now, back to the OP, I have no problem admitting that I don't see any obvious winner out of Crows or Giants for what they got in return. Geelong however, did very well in both.

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong was never giving us two 1st rd picks because the 2016 1st rounder was used to get Henderson.

GEELONG has created history by using its 2016 first-round pick to secure Lachie Henderson from Carlton.

It is the first time a club has used a future draft pick to make a trade.

Geelong was never giving us two 1st rd picks because the 2016 1st rounder was used to get Henderson.

GEELONG has created history by using its 2016 first-round pick to secure Lachie Henderson from Carlton.

Schrodinger's trade excuses- the pick is not available as it was commited but the salary they paid Henderson was available to out bid us in the PSD so we had to accept the trade without the pick.

And this was the fundamental problem

In every world except for the one we live on the negotiation should have gone:

Wells: "Sorry, we've committed our future first for Lachie Henderson"
Noble: "Not our problem"

I would pay 800k for your house but I've been drinking a lot lately so you'll have to accept 300.

Schrodinger's trade excuses- the pick is not available as it was commited but the salary they paid Henderson was available to out bid us in the PSD so we had to accept the trade without the pick.
Your problem is that you're anchoring

Because Adelaide were going to match it, he didn't leave as a free agent. It was a trade.

Dayne Beams (and pick 67) to Brisbane for legitimate personal reasons cost Brisbane pick 5, 25 and Jack Crisp. How the Crows couldn't negotiate a future first as well is unbelievable.

Crisp was recognised as the steak knives but in reality, he was trending up. We got Gore.

Now, back to the OP, I have no problem admitting that I don't see any obvious winner out of Crows or Giants for what they got in return. Geelong however, did very well in both.

The idea of free agency is to enable long serving players to move wherever they like. Therefore no clubs want to go through with matching a deal, as the rest of their playing list would view such belligerence very unfavorably. Personally I have no idea why the AFL made the top 25% “restricted” which lends itself to ending with a very messy trade stalemate, but luckily for them clubs have never pushed the rules to the extreme so far.

Hawthorn could have matched Sydney’s deal, as once he had decided to go he would still have chosen Sydney and they would have got much more than pick 19 or whatever they ended up with through a trade, however they would have got terrible publicity in the process.

Adelaide are the only club that threatened to go down that path, and it was obviously in both clubs interest to work out an amicable trade that gained us more than compo would have been rather than face a messy PR battle where the players best interests were obviously not being put first.

As I mentioned, the fact that we got anything better than pick 14 or whatever our compo would have been should be seen as a win for us when you compare it to every other FA deal of a high finishing team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we know who kristof's alias is now

Kristof is demented but he's not actually stupid.

Wells: then we'll use the $ to add to Danger's contract and blow aoart our fabled salary structure
Noble: "cool, will be interesting to see how that goes".

The idea of free agency is to enable long serving players to move wherever they like. Therefore no clubs want to go through with matching a deal, as the rest of their playing list would view such belligerence very unfavorably. Personally I have no idea why the AFL made the top 25% “restricted” which lends itself to ending with a very messy trade stalemate, but luckily for them clubs have never pushed the rules to the extreme so far.

Hawthorn could have matched Sydney’s deal, as once he had decided to go he would still have chosen Sydney and they would have got much more than pick 19 or whatever they ended up with through a trade, however they would have got terrible publicity in the process.

Adelaide are the only club that threatened to go down that path, and it was obviously in both clubs interest to work out an amicable trade that gained us more than compo would have been rather than face a messy PR battle where the players best interests were obviously not being put first.

As I mentioned, the fact that we got anything better than pick 14 or whatever our compo would have been should be seen as a win for us when you compare it to every other FA deal of a high finishing team.
In full agreeance with most of what you've said but these are the wonderful AFL rules and I felt the Crows needed to be as ruthless as possible at the time. They will find it hard to win premierships playing nice at the trade table.

Personally, I too wish they would just have unrestricted and additionally, no compo picks (fully aware we would have lost Danger for nothing).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back