Opinion Dangerfield compo - putting this issue to bed for good

Remove this Banner Ad

We had the comps best player in his prime and we got pick 9 from the cats (which became pick 11 Wayne Milera). I know there was a spud player thrown in and later pick swaps. So, we got shafted. But as a crows supporter I'm kinda used to having at least 50% of our trades being not in our favour. He as much as any player was worth two top 10 picks.

Ask the question the other way if the cats had the comps best player and he wanted to come to us what would geelong want for him? A king's ransom plus a couple of palaces and at least 3 farms.

Last edited:
We had the comps best player in his prime and we got pick 9 from the cats (which became pick 11 Wayne Milera). I know there was a spud player thrown in and later pick swaps. So, we got shafted. But as a crows supporter I'm kinda used to having at least 50% of our trades being not in our favour. He as much as any player was worth two top 10 picks.

Ask the question the other way if the cats had the comps best player and he wanted to come to us what would geelong want for him? A king's ransom plus a couple of palaces and at least 3 farms.
And the farms would go to another free agent outside the salary cap.

And the farms would go to another free agent outside the salary cap.
Surely, you're not implying that geelong keep their gun star studded list together by paying outside the cap. I hope you're not suggesting Cameron and Hawkins to name just two had their farms purchased outside the cap or wives and girlfriends have land bought for them houses built etc... Well, I # never ;):p

If we hadnt matched the offer we would have got less as the compo would have likely been band 1 or 2. In the end we got Pick 9 , 28 and Dean Gore.

We got Milera and Troy Menzel and Dean Gore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back