Preview Rd 22, 2014 - Brisbane Lions vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we want a win against an understrength team? That's not a win that gives you the warm and fuzzies.
Beg to differ - I get warm and fuzzies from every win, regardless of how.

As we go into these last 2 games its amazing our draw this year, we started with top 4 sides and we wnd with top 4 sides.

I think we are a change tomorrow, don't really rate Fremantle with the other 3 top 4 sides so I think we can push them.

I've been watching footy for many years and I can honestly say that Freo have taken the Sydney swamp to a whole new level. Attractive it is not. In fact very, very ugly.

Nevertheless, very effective- which is why they play this way.

There is only one way that we might win this one, and I believe we have a fair chance, and that is by playing the way we played v Collingwood. Take the buggers on and run, run, run.

Is it usually more of a nightmare for players recovering after wet weather footy than it is dry? I'm sure it isn't ideal for Lyon having 2 less days prep than Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we go into these last 2 games its amazing our draw this year, we started with top 4 sides and we wnd with top 4 sides.

I think we are a change tomorrow, don't really rate Fremantle with the other 3 top 4 sides so I think we can push them.

So you rate Geelong over Freo? Despite the fact that offensively and defensively, they are the worst team in the top 6? Think most agree that Geelong is the weakest top 4 side for some time.

I've been watching footy for many years and I can honestly say that Freo have taken the Sydney swamp to a whole new level. Attractive it is not. In fact very, very ugly.

Nevertheless, very effective- which is why they play this way.

There is only one way that we might win this one, and I believe we have a fair chance, and that is by playing the way we played v Collingwood. Take the buggers on and run, run, run.

Did you watch Fremantle's last game against Hawthorn? Looked nothing like what you are describing.

So you rate Geelong over Freo? Despite the fact that offensively and defensively, they are the worst team in the top 6? Think most agree that Geelong is the weakest top 4 side for some time.

I'd probably have Geelong last of the top 4 in general. However they'd be right up there if I was picking a team to play the last 10 minutes of a tight game for me. They just know how to win when it gets close and do it more often than any other team IMO

(noone needs to point out the fact they didn't against us. Noone wins them all but they're more consistent than any other team)

If they've only brought 2 players over we are up to our necks in this.

Freo by about 40 points IMHO.

We also brought some training staff and a couple of orange boys. Surely they could do the old switcheroony with some of the players?

Geez man, these Freo supporters are super full of themselves. I'm not surprised given how long their team was ordinary to terrible for, and the current age profile of their senior team. I'd be making hay too.

I'm all a-giggle over here.

We've plenty of quality younger talent too - Fyfe, Hill, Walters, Ballas, Barlow, Mayne, Clarke, Ibbotson, Neale, Suban, Pearce, Sutcliffe, Morabito, Crozier, Taberner, Sheridan, Hannath etc

In my office we have a Rabbitohs fan, a cats fan (2IC has decided not to be the 2IC anymore and thus has joined the A-Team) and me.

Rabbitohs have lost, cats have lost (to his least favourite team).

It's either a case of losses coming in threes for us, or it's third try for a win lucky.

I am not confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back