Grand Final Trades Round 23 (fantasy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm either getting rid of libba or ellis I'm leaning towards ellis bios libba has g dubs I'm thinking stevie j if he's back and maybe mitch duncan for the hoff even thou the hoff has been good of late he did hurt himself at the end of the game and he's probably due for a s**t score

So, Barlow, JPK, and Hepell are all still in my team. JPK the most likely to play? Lewis and Greene to come in.

apparently he will play... greene and lewis look the goods i reckon

Okay so - dependant on whether JPK get's up, i'm trading JPK and Boomer out

That gives me $1,061,271 to play with, can I get an opinion on options?

Option 1
$561,628 T. Greene vs WBD (L5 125) (L3 139)
$490,Odd Left
D. Zorko vs Geel (L5 106) (L3 113)
M. Duncan vs Bris (L5 94) (L3 88)

Option 2
$593,896 J. Lewis vs Coll (L5 125) (L3 136)
$467,375 Left
P. Dangerfield vs StK (L5 88) (L3 89)
J. Westoff vs Frem (L5 94) (L3 87)
P. Chapman vs Carl (L5 92) (L3 97)

Option 3
$509,401 D. Smith vs WBD (L5 102) (L3 118)
$551,870 Left
B. Gibbs vs Ess (L5 106) (L3 108)
J. Macrae vs GWS (L5 117) (L3 97)
J. Watson vs Carl (L5 101) (L3 92)

Option 4
$535,287 L. Franklin vs Rich (L5 112) (L3 114)
$525,984 Left
A. Treloar vs WBD (L5 95) (L3 92)
L. Greenwood vs Mel (L5 99) (L3 102)

At the moment i'm leaning towards Greene and Zorko - although Lewis up against a Macafferless and generally injury riddled Collignwood is tempting, but I would be a little afraid of them putting the cue in the rack. The porblem with lewis is I don't rate any of the forwards I can get if I get him, whereas I rate Zorko a good chance to go big. A smokey could be Franklin trying to go big for the COleman and say Greenwood against Melbourne, or maybe Smith to go off against the Dogs and Macrae to as well.

What does everyone think

Already have
Rocky, Pendles, Priddis, Sidebottom, Jelwood, Cotchin, Libba (JPK)
Parks, Jack, Dusty, Gray, Motlop (Boomer)

What does everyone think

I reckon option number 1. Feels strange recommending an option that includes zorko.

In regards to Lewis he is in great form but for his cost, I think there are better players out there like Hanners, Shuey, Greene, Gibbs etc.... who should get roughly what Lewis will get. Therefore I would rule that one out.

Okay, I think i've got this. I have two trades left, so I may as well use them, but on who? Appreciate any advise! My team is on the left, opponent on the right.

grand_zpscbfa81bc.jpg

I am actually considering now a downgrade/upgrade options:

Danger > Wingard (m10)
Gibson > Lewis

Okay, I think i've got this. I have two trades left, so I may as well use them, but on who? Appreciate any advise! My team is on the left, opponent on the right.

I would look at upgrading kelly, ebert or danger (if johnson plays). To get cash you could go N.Graham > K.Turner then select one to upgrade.

Obvious choices are kelly > hodge/malceski or Danger > Franklin or ebert > lewis/greene/shuey

That team on the right is absolutely average - how did that make the grannie? Dustin Martin? Parker? Stefan Martin? Jelwood? Swallow? Mitchell? I literally don't even
Yeah, I think he may have paid too much for Rocky combined with the recent plethora of injuries. Do you reckon I have it in the bag?

Yeah, I think he may have paid too much for Rocky combined with the recent plethora of injuries. Do you reckon I have it in the bag?
I'd say so

How much money do you have?

I'd be looking to trade Ebert, Johnson if he's still injured, Kelly (if Johnson is in, leave him if he's still out) and maybe Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can afford anyone once making cap space with N.Graham. I'd prefer to get someone unique to his team, my initial thinking was Ebert > Lewis, or Selwood. Lewis against a weakened Collingwood, and Selwood at home against Brisbane.

Be a bit careful if Raines plays his farewell game....

May well tag Selwood!

I'd go Lewis (which is what I have done).

I've still got Heppell, Ward, JPK and Boomer... that's after trading out Beams and Barlow last week.

Still, there's a reasonable chance Hepp and JPK will return, so I'm thinking Boomer > Buddy/MickeyG

I am getting worried over my 2 swans Kennedy and McGlynn as well as Danger...... I might be happy to let Mcglynn slide as he needs game time before finals but Kennedy, one week on a hammy when it could be wet weather footy at the ANZ stadium which doesnt have the best turf for footy, in a game we dont need to win....

dreamteam footy

Goddard and Greene... Or Prestia is a tempting pod

Thinking I'll probably go Goddard and Shuey/Gibbs/Lewis/Macrae.

fy6viLK.png

Tricky deciding on who to trade out. Looking at Cotchin/JPK/SideB

Won't be trading out rockliff like I was considering. Those odds are just too long hoping for him to spud. Would be about the only way I could win the $25k though.

Will likely be benching Dangerfield and playing Zorko. Also benching Simpson and playing Butler. (need every POD I can pull)

Last edited:
I am getting worried over my 2 swans Kennedy and McGlynn as well as Danger...... I might be happy to let Mcglynn slide as he needs game time before finals but Kennedy, one week on a hammy when it could be wet weather footy at the ANZ stadium which doesnt have the best turf for footy, in a game we dont need to win....

dreamteam footy

Yeah still not 100% decided but will probably trade Kennedy.

Benching Danger is a must for me, but could easily backfire. If it comes down to us Crows needing to win against St Kilda by 100 points for a spot in the 8 I could easily see Danger pulling something special, despite his form and battered body.

Yeah still not 100% decided but will probably trade Kennedy.

Benching Danger is a must for me, but could easily backfire. If it comes down to us Crows needing to win against St Kilda by 100 points for a spot in the 8 I could easily see Danger pulling something special, despite his form and battered body.
Danger was killing it the first half last week then went quiet maybe copped a better tag? I'll be playing him. The swans knowing Richmond will be going for it could use this as a finals rehearsal and wet weather = big stats for small mids and ruckmen with all the stoppages. Ie Hannas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back