Preview Finals still alive - Not Anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest concern is Richmond upsetting Sydney than Adelaide winning by 100+ points.

Their tails are up, full of confidence and are in control of their own destiny.

All we can do is pray that they lose..
They struggled to put away St. Kilda, clearly they aren't playing that well. Maybe that had something to do with the whole Lenny factor but still.

I would expect another late out with Jones in.

They struggled to put away St. Kilda, clearly they aren't playing that well. Maybe that had something to do with the whole Lenny factor but still.
Adelaide clearly not playing well at home lately with losses to richmond and us and i realisitically can't see them blowing open a team like st kilda who didn't lose to an in form and plenty to play for richmond team by much last week

Pyke out for Sydney concerns me. Maric will have a field day. Not to mention one lazy in in Martin. Tiges will be confident in the middle, qu is whether they can hold buddy and Tippett.

bkw7e.jpg

Pyke out for Sydney concerns me. Maric will have a field day. Not to mention one lazy in in Martin. Tiges will be confident in the middle, qu is whether they can hold buddy and Tippett.

I wouldn't be that worried about Pyke's absence. We played Derixkshakaiskaldbaknsd for half the season and still won most of the games. It's a bit concerning now because JPK our clearance king is out, but I don't think Pyke being out hurts us too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be that worried about Pyke's absence. We played Derixkshakaiskaldbaknsd for half the season and still won most of the games. It's a bit concerning now because JPK our clearance king is out, but I don't think Pyke being out hurts us too much.
I forgot Derickxoxoxo was injured. Is Naismith any good? He played in the NAB Challenge didn't he?

The seems like your classical stage set for us to choke on to be perfectly honest.

Gerard Whately and Robbo said the same thing during the week. Our trend for the year has been failing to step up when it counts. We choked two weeks ago against the peptide crew when we were 6 goals or whatever in front. And now, with all our ins, and what we potentially have to play for, we've never lost to the suns before, they don't have Gaz, this really should be an elementary win for us........ But will it?

I'd hate to already hear we're out of the finals before the first bounce, it would make the final game of 2014 a bit boring. And we already had to endure that snorefest last week against the demons.

I forgot Derickxoxoxo was injured. Is Naismith any good? He played in the NAB Challenge didn't he?

I personally liked Nankervis (another injured ruck) more from when I went and saw an intraclub, so effectively Naismith is like our 2/3 preference ruckman after Pyke and Derixkshdkajxjalciamxka

I didn't watch the NAB Challenges, there's no point, we'll lose anyway :p

Are you confident of beating the Tigers?

With the line up we have named, I think it should be enough to put them away. I don't know how off we will be. It's so hard to maintain dominance for a full game, so even if Richmond do come at us with their best they will still have moments when the momentum isn't their way... and if our class can capitalize on those moments, then yes I believe we can win. Without sounding arrogant but Sydney can score quite quickly in bursts. It's not hard when your team has (insult COLA/Lovechild ref here) Buddy & Tippett. If we take out another midfielder I'll be wary though.

The seems like your classical stage set for us to choke on to be perfectly honest.

Gerard Whately and Robbo said the same thing during the week. Our trend for the year has been failing to step up when it counts. We choked two weeks ago against the peptide crew when we were 6 goals or whatever in front. And now, with all our ins, and what we potentially have to play for, we've never lost to the suns before, they don't have Gaz, this really should be an elementary win for us........ But will it?

I'd hate to already hear we're out of the finals before the first bounce, it would make the final game of 2014 a bit boring. And we already had to endure that snorefest last week against the demons.
I was just thinking how bitterly ironic it would be if we are in a position to make 8th and we are six goals up, only to choke again.

I was just thinking how bitterly ironic it would be if we are in a position to make 8th and we are six goals up, only to choke again.
Don't even say that. That would be awful.

Well it very nearly happened last time, at home as well.

We barely escaped with the win in that game because 1. Gaz hit the post, and 2. Mcgovern was in godmode

But I think them winning is more likely than the Adelaide percentage scenario.

If Richmond go out and injure a Sydney player in the first quarter, a few of the others might start playing bruise free footy with an eye firmly on the following week.

Richmond on the other hand will be treating it like a GF. Vickery might do an Alistair Lynch
Call me cynical but I struggle to picture a scenario where Adelaide doesn't win by close to a hundred points. They just trounced Brisbane by as much, away from home, and Brisbane are aguably a better side than St Kilda.

I think it would be very un-Sydney like to drop their bundle.

But more importantly, as I said, I think Richmond's run of form has been overrated. They've beaten some very average sides, and hardly convincingly. Their best win was probably against Adelaide away from home but they're hardly the only side to do that this year.

I reckon Richmond, Essendon and West Coast are all at a similar level currently. Ie, not a realistic threat to Sydney.

Just curious if Richmond get up is anyone going to hate Sydney, I am, if they don't beat Richmond I don't want them anywhere near the cup. There will be a few cola cheating insults coming their way.

Last edited:
Same hate applies to Hawthorn if they slip up this week.
I'll have to hope Geelong win another gf.
North a Smokey but we don't particularly like them. Essendon are scum from way back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back